Motherwell V Celtic 6/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

Definitely an away win , with another insipid attacking display ensuring another zero in our goals for column .

Just a matter of how many Celtic score , and if they get the first early doors , well , thats giving me the fear already .

Time for a shake up of tactics or starting 11 , or even both as we clearly have guys who aren't doing it , for whatever reason , playing a formation and system that just doesn't work .

We all keep waiting for Faddy to light up a game , especially one like this , but its not going to happen anytime soon , I'm afraid , so best for him to sit it out , although its hard to pick 11 worthy of a start after yesterday .

Anier has been hot and cold since his arrival , and dont think we would be too much the poorer without him . Would like to see Moore get a shot , and come January offload Anier and Ainsworth. from the wage bill and bring Erwin back to challenge for a place.

Even a win here won't make up for yesterday. No chance that's going to happen though. 4, 5-0 Celtic. This will only be the second home game v Celtic I've missed since the early 90's (the other being the 2-0 win in February 2011!!) but this is the first one through choice.

Never thought I'd see the day.

After yesterday I'm gonna have to put the kids on wooden rollers to get them to this match.

Football is a strange game and Celtic won't sit in, which is something we really struggle with.

However if Celtic get the first goal it could be a long night. Might take my novel and get a chapter or two read!

McCall would need to come out and advise us Lawson, Vigurs, McFadden, McManus, ZFA, Anier, McHugh and Kerr won't be playing for me to be arsed going to this.

We're in a safe position in the league with nothing to play for.

Lets cut our losses with these cunts and start building for the future.

If McCall doesn't intend on being a part of that then now is the time to go.

I think after yesterday's shambles I would rather they were going into a big game in the full glare of publicity rather than a game against a Ross County or Inverness where they might want to hide or wallow in self pity. That shouldn't really be an option when you are live on TV and facing a team like Celtic.

We may very well get beat, that's a strong possibility, but I think there will be a reaction of some kind.

With their result in Europe last week we no longer have the possibility of Celtic looking to play some of their fringe players with their Barcelona game in mind, although its debatable how much difference that would make.

As it happens I'm away next weekend so I'm missing this one too but will be doing my best to make sure I'm around a TV or tablet somewhere to be able to watch it.

First things first I hope we can regain some pride and even a point, however much of a long shot that appears at this moment in time, would be fantastic.

Yesterdays game is still very raw but here goes...

With a possible record low crowd (against the Old Firm) combined with a potential record high score it could be a long night at the Ark. Celtic will be far too strong for a Motherwell team that will still be suffering from the mother of all hangovers. I will probably decide nearer the time whether to bother to make the trip along the M74 for this one. Bring your Seville calculator as you just might require one to tally up the goals reining in on Gunner Nielsen. At this moment in time we are not causing teams any trouble with our absent goal threat and I don’t see this changing even against one of the weakest Celtic teams that I have seen in some time. I thank god that we are not playing Dundee United as I believe with the way they are playing they could really cause us some damage on Friday night.

I am being conservative with the score line, however, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more... 4-0 to the team in green and white.

Rollercoaster patter is awful.

4-0 Celtic. A slight improvement on yesterday but still absolutely toothless in attack.

Even as a season ticket holder, I'm seriously considering giving this a miss. Freezing cold Friday night watching us getting humped. Think I'll stay in and watch I'm a celebrity.

3nil Celtic.

Agree about the Rollercoaster patter.

As a fellow Season ticket holder it's a toughy finish work get takeaway and a few beers and maybe watch it on telly or watch something else instead or go and watch the Green and Grey Hoops prove to be like Kryptonite to our players once again.

We will get utterly humped because even if we do decide to defend like Aberdeen and Albion Rovers against us they will find a way to score, it's what you do if you're a good team playing a weaker side

2-0 Celtic, we will be shite, play the long ball which Van Dyk and Ambrose will eat up.

I would play a different formation tbh a 3-5-2.

Ramsden(if fit) - Hutch - McManus

Kerr & Hammell at wing backs

Lawson holding

Lasley & Vigurs

Faddy or Moore up top behind Sutton

If we are going to play long ball and thru the middle at least give us a chance. Put Faddy somewhere he can hurt teams and doesn't need to work as much.....