Motherwell V Celtic 6/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

I don't buy any of this record defeat nonsense.

Won't happen despite yesterdays shambles.

Same was said about yesterdays game that there was no chance that Albion Rovers would beat us, and low and behold they did just that. While I don’t think we will lose 7 Celtic should win by a convincing margin.

Can we not just agree to give them 3 points and award a 3-0 win and save some money by not playing it?

I have suggested that damage limitation tactic a few times over the years, maybe now is the time to see if we can use it ph34r.gif

Just curious does that rule actually exist in the SPFL rules and if so has it ever been put into force?

Can we not just agree to give them 3 points and award a 3-0 win and save some money by not playing it?

That would be the best result all round. At least that way we could all save time effort and money, not have to endure their supporters before during and after the game and be spares McCall's pitiful post match comments about how it's Celtic and nobody could live with them on that form.

I am away next weekend so wont be there...Celtic have just put 7 past Hearts and if we approach the game the same way as yesterday then i fear a similar pumping.

The league and a european place is all we have left now the players and Smc better get it right as it will take a long time to pay the fans back for that feckin digrace yesterday.

Probably the best type of game to have after yesterday's debacle. Not that I'm suggesting we're likely to win or even draw, but it's almost certain we'll play with pride and fight all the way.

However, that wasn't our failing yesterday. It was our lack of tempo, intensity and attacking verve that cost us our place in the cup. Against Celtic we won't have much of the ball, so it'll be all about work rate and defensive discipline.

Even if we give them a game and possibly take something from it the shame from yesterday won't be forgotten. For me it won't gloss over the failings of this current side which are obvious to a blind man.

The most likely outcome is a 2-0 defeat in my humble opinion.

I know we are 3rd right now but its safe to say we won't be in the european race come the end of the season that will be between United, the sheep and Caley maybe at a push St Johnstone they all have someone who can change a game in a second Gauld at United McGinn at the sheep McKay at Caley and May at Saints, we haven't got anybody close to the quality of those lads. Commons and co will run riot against us on friday thats a certainty its the games after that the players really need to get the finger out and start giving us some performances. All i ask of the players is they give 100% and if they lose fair enough but we aren't getting anything close to that right now especially with certain players.

Rollercoaster patter is awful.

Aye, but at least we haven't heard "punching above our weight" recently.

4-0 Celtic. A slight improvement on yesterday but still absolutely toothless in attack.

Been a problem that I have talked about since day one this season. Our strikers are the only ones that are scoring. The midfield is lacking in creativity and, more importantly, chipping in with goals. Without looking it up, Sutton must have just about scored more than Lawson, Lasley, Ainsworth, Vigurs, McFadden + ZFA cobined.

Aye, but at least we haven't heard "punching above our weight" recently.

Been a problem that I have talked about since day one this season. Our strikers are the only ones that are scoring. The midfield is lacking in creativity and, more importantly, chipping in with goals. Without looking it up, Sutton must have just about scored more than Lawson, Lasley, Ainsworth, Vigurs, McFadden + ZFA cobined.

That probably is not difficult because apart from Ainsworth at Tannadice I am not sure any of the others have scored a goal....

That probably is not difficult because apart from Ainsworth at Tannadice I am not sure any of the others have scored a goal....

The midfield and defence have contributed 3 goals this term. McManus and Hutchinson both scored headers from corners and of course the Ainsworth goal you mention.

Here's the number of goals contributed by defenders and midfielders in SPFL games this season.

Celtic 17

Dundee Utd 14

Inverness 11

Ross County 11

St. Mirren 10

Hearts 8

Aberdeen 7

Partick 7

Kilmarnock 7

Hibernian 4

St. Johnstone 4

Motherwell 3

Yesterday was a bummer for sure. And I have the fear for Friday. But as a season ticket holder I will be there.

Don't get season ticket holders living near Mother well that stay away just because it is on telly or because of the shambles yesterday. A handful of Albion Rovers fans stayed away because they feared a pumping and they believe their club sold them out in moving the tie. Not so sure they feel so clever now...a lesson to be learned.

Hope Celtic are not as good or as fluent as they were today. If so we will be lucky to keep the score below 4 or 5. The players owe us a performance but even if they deliver one I am struggling to see how we can pick up any points. A bummer given we have beaten them twice in a row at Fir Park.

Like others I do have the fear for this 1.

But......It's football, you never know, anything can happen so hoping they do what we did against Rovers & turn up thinking they've already won, & we go out with the determination to bounce back from the embarrassment on Saturday.