Motherwell V Celtic 6/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

Frankly that's a disgusting post. Words fail to describe how much of a fucking idiot you are...

if taking pleasure in a few numptys who obviously came looking for trouble getting a smack makes me a fucking idiot then so be it

• Like 1

if taking pleasure in a few numptys who obviously came looking for trouble getting a smack makes me a fucking idiot then so be it

So you know they came looking for trouble, do you? And the act of giving them said trouble if they were indeed looking for it, paints Motherwell fans in a fantastic light. Fights break out, I get that. But you said "got jumped". Seats destroyed, fans "jumped". And people wonder why we get heavy handed stewarding?

I despair, I really do...

So you know they came looking for trouble, do you? And the act of giving them said trouble if they were indeed looking for it, paints Motherwell fans in a fantastic light. Fights break out, I get that. But you said "got jumped". Seats destroyed, fans "jumped". And people wonder why we get heavy handed stewarding?

I despair, I really do...

they werent hard to spot the ones that came looking for trouble especially when there singing about celtic soccer casuals so tough luck if some of them got a sore face after the game,but i agree it doesnt paint us in great light either

they werent hard to spot the ones that came looking for trouble especially when there singing about celtic soccer casuals so tough luck if some of them got a sore face after the game,but i agree it doesnt paint us in great light either

Dont go backtracking pal , it might not be fashionble on here but theres no real shame in enjoying watching them take a doing.

• Like 3

Well I came away from that at 2-0 down and 70 mins when the snow started heavy (although I wasnt to know it would go off). I am a stay til the end type but really, it was fucking frozen, and watching us getting walked over by a much superior side and then getting stuck in traffic did not appeal at all.

I think it says a lot to me personally that I took the 'rational' option of leaving. That is, I cannot pinpoint one point in my head where I have enjoyed this season, from 5-0 losses to celtic to scraping 1-0 wins with dire football.

The game itself played out like expected. Defended very well for the first 30 mins or so and whilst morons around me screamed for players to chase and close every ball, we sucked it up and got lots behind the ball, restricting them to wayward through balls or long shots. Those tactics might have worked had we kept our concentration better and had some counter attacking pace. We were set up to play counter attacking football with the only pace seeming to come from Moore, who while promising is still very raw.

Basically, this season is shite. We are in a bit of a flattering league position and desperately need pace and creativity in the team. McCall has has faults but has more than earned the right to turn it around. heavy losses to the best team in the country by a mile do not shape our season, its the rest that is concerning. Hopefully McCall has some plans for the window or else I fear a completely apathetic 2014.

• Like 1

I thought there was a poisonous atmosphere about the town from the moment I got off the train at 5 to 6 and what happened in the ground and surrounding area didn't change that. I heard of some disgusting bullying of random passengers on a train out the city as well as what I've read on here. I have a feeling this may be the one and only time Celtic are permitted to participate in Friday Night Football.

As for the game, our guys gave everything but there was zero pace in that team which meant we could not relieve the pressure for long enough and eventually it told as we ran around chasing the ball and eventually Celtic got in behind and scored the goals they needed. No matter what else happens in January we need a couple of players with a bit of pace who can relieve pressure from ourselves.

Dispiriting watching that turgid shite but tonight it is just a resigned shit happens compared to the anger that was there on Saturday. Big big game next weekend.

Fuckin raging after that and it wasn't the game itself that fucked me off.

The game was rank but not unexpected, the fuds on Radio Scotland were slavering over how good Celtic were. Don't get me wrong they have some good players and some of their movement tonight was excellent. But they were playing nothing tonight. They strolled it and we had absolutely nothing available to try and prevent it or to ever even look like threatening them in any way. No threat, no skill, no ability, totally clueless. Depressing stuff.

What totally fucked me off was the Green Brigade manky cunts in the South Stand running the place, doing whatever the fuck they wanted, letting off smoke bombs and flares, blocking stairways and not one of the useless spinless cunts of stewards or Police did anything about it even though they were about 2 foot away. They just stood there watching. Steward and Police the minority and not the majority. Too feart to do anything incase they cause a riot while the manky fuckers are well aware of that and have a jolly old time doing whatever the fuck they want knowing that no one is ever going to do anything about it.

The mayhem that they caused after the game was totally sickening as well with the Police chasing their arses and seeming totally unable to control them. Something needs to be done about these cunts but I'm totally aware that nothing ever will.

£50 in the swear box for me.

Not even remotely surprised our goals for ended in 0. Not even surprised we had zero shot on goal. I said before the game i'd bite your arm off for a shot where their keeper actually has to make a save. If i was a manager i would be playing my reserve keeper against us to get some game time coz it's not like he's going to have much to do.

Still amazed that folk on here actually thought we would score tonight. Zero goal threat against Albion Rovers but we will score against Celtic!! Seriously that's gone way beyond optimism and landed staight in delusional. The men in the white coats will be around to collect you presently.

Ninety minutes, not a shot on target. Pathetic, just rank rotten. We set out not to lose too heavily and although we 'kept it tight' for the first 40 odd mins the result was never really in doubt. And we lost heavily.

I mean, despite having almost everyone behind the ball for most of the game it's not as if Celtic found it difficult to break through us? They had their first shot on target in less than 20 seconds! With Lustig(?) or somebody in acres of space at the back post. We must be the only team to play with ten men behind the ball and still get outnumbered at the back. I know Gunnar was hardly 'overworked' fist half but nobody could say the goal wasn't coming/deserved.

Another goal from a set piece, same goal we lost against Aberdeen. Then after that it was a fucking shambles. Lost all shape and it was as many as they wanted it to be.

Felt sorry for Sutton and Moore, the service and support they got was non existent. If your going to sit behind the ball you need an out ball, which we didn't have so it was just wave after wave of attack. We posed no attacking threat at all. Although having watched the Milan game I'm sure McCall must have noticed Celtic lost two soft goals from set plays. So what do we do when we get our first corner? Play it fucking short and we didn't even manage to get the ball into the fucking box. Unbelievable.

Not much more you can say, no different to what most expected.

I'm just going to do the best i can to delete this week from my memory. Its one of the most depressing i can remember for a long time. I'm not reading any sports pages tomorrow, sportscene can fuck right off and if any of the Celtic fans i work with try to mention anything to me unlike Sally McCoist i will do walking away.

Well I came away from that at 2-0 down and 70 mins when the snow started heavy (although I wasnt to know it would go off). I am a stay til the end type but really, it was fucking frozen, and watching us getting walked over by a much superior side and then getting stuck in traffic did not appeal at all.

I think it says a lot to me personally that I took the 'rational' option of leaving. That is, I cannot pinpoint one point in my head where I have enjoyed this season, from 5-0 losses to celtic to scraping 1-0 wins with dire football.

The game itself played out like expected. Defended very well for the first 30 mins or so and whilst morons around me screamed for players to chase and close every ball, we sucked it up and got lots behind the ball, restricting them to wayward through balls or long shots. Those tactics might have worked had we kept our concentration better and had some counter attacking pace. We were set up to play counter attacking football with the only pace seeming to come from Moore, who while promising is still very raw.

Basically, this season is shite. We are in a bit of a flattering league position and desperately need pace and creativity in the team. McCall has has faults but has more than earned the right to turn it around. heavy losses to the best team in the country by a mile do not shape our season, its the rest that is concerning. Hopefully McCall has some plans for the window or else I fear a completely apathetic 2014.

Good, sensible summary there Pingu and covered it well I think between yourself and MelvinBragg's post on the other page. Disheartening that we lost by so much after keeping things reasonably tight for the first half, but as soon as we tried to push up, we were immediately exposed by their pace. It didn't help losing Kerr so early, and Ramsden looked like he pulled something as well. Add in Neilsen's injury, and it was really a tough night all round.

I really hoped we were going to pull something out of the hat tonight, but as much as it's a sore one to take, especially so close to last Saturday and all the justifiable anger surrounding that result, it's not matches against Celtic that we should be using to judge our progress (or lack thereof). It was one of those games tonight when every loose ball and ricochet seemed to land at a Celtic player's feet. We got a bit of luck with the penalty not being given in the first 5 minutes, but after that the referee did what Scott Brown told him. No backbone, and constantly allowed Celtic to get away with what our players were being penalised and booked for.

There were a couple of encouraging signs tonight though, however fleeting: Moore looked lively and direct, if a little naive, although he had a very tough job tonight against Dick Van Dyke; Tin foil hat on here, but I thought Vigurs had a good game, and showed touches of what he can offer - he worked hard, and tried to create something every time he got the ball. Also good to see McCall try something different to make use of the players we have. It didn't work out that well, granted, but against a less clinical team, we may have seen a bit more success.

The next 4 games (Ross County, St Mirren, Aberdeen, Partick) are massively important, and we really need to be looking to pick up 7-9 points out of those to halt the current slide. Tough week, and I'm going to struggle to put it behind me. But I'm sure by 3pm next Saturday, I'll be back full of hope and expectation for another match!

Oh, and their fans really are complete and utter animals. Contemptible to a man. Not seen so many blue flashing lights before a game in a long time, and no surprise that it's before a Friday night game involving that mob. Lets hope this is the last time the league try that one out.

1386374219[/url]' post='400745']

Only teams that get heavy handed stewarding are the wee diddy teams like ours. The guys like the Green Brigade tonight don't get touched, and they are the ones that really fucking need it.

They'll pick on the easiest targets, that's just the way it is. We saw that tonight when the police ran into the East Stand after some boys chased some fud with a Rangers scarf on yet stood turning a blind eye to the Celtic support. There was no way they'd have he balls to wade into them given their numbers and reputation for fending off police intervention.

Not seen so many blue flashing lights before a game in a long time, and no surprise that it's before a Friday night game involving that mob.

Must have been Police Scotland's Christmas decorations as they and transport plod did f@ck all to apply any of the laws they love enforcing against Well (and other diddy club) fans. The delightful darlings in green and white drank their way back into Glasgow, spewing up in the train yet that's not an offence in Scotland when you're wearing Celtic colours. Too many of them and not enough plod admits the transport plod sergeant at Glasgow Central.

What a load of shite, seriously most people are predicting we'll get beat by 4 or 5? :blink:

We've not suddenly become a bunch of diddies and apart from Hearts and Ross Co Celtic haven't really pumped anybody.Not saying we'll get anything but i'd be very surprised if we lose heavily, 2-1 Celtic.

I admired your positivity, however a hiding was always on the cards from an in form Celtic side.

I decided to go to the game and at least our attitude was better than last Saturday, although I left 8 minutes from the end and thankfully missed the 5th goal.

Il predict McCalls post match interview -

Celtic are the best in the country,we had to be at our best tonight and hope they made some mistakes but it just didnt happen. Its certainly not through a lack of attitude or effort. Were hurting right now but you dont become a bad team overnight.

It wasnt our night but I can tell you the players will be right up for the next match!

Bla bla fuckin empty promises and more shite bla

And the scary thing is, you were pretty much spot on.

He said...

"We'll knuckle down and go up to Dingwall next week and hopefully put this to bed,"

"Celtic were terrific and there's no doubt about that," said the Motherwell boss. "But, coming up to five minutes before half time, for all the good play they've had, I don't think they've had any outstanding chances.

"We were digging in and getting blocks. But they've got quality players and boys who can bring it out from the back. And they're playing with a lot of confidence.

"The biggest disappointment was the second goal from a set-piece. If you get cut open, which Celtic did many times to us, then you've got to hold your hands up.

But it was a bread and butter corner and we don't pick up. Ambrose scores and thereafter they just picked us off at will and showed what confident form they're in at the moment.

"That's probably as strong a Celtic side they can be at the moment. They've got players playing at the top of their game.

"No disrespect, but in the next couple of games we're not going to come up against Celtic. So it's down to us to knuckle down and prove we can be in the top three or four and that's what we'll aim to do.

"We'll knuckle down and go up to Dingwall next week and hopefully put this to bed. Last week has gone and tonight was a difficult one to take.

"But I think sometimes you've got to put your hands up and say we were up against a really good side.

"There's things we can do better, there's no doubt about that. You don't want to get beat at home like that, but we've got three or four games coming up where we need to hit top form."

These quotes courtesy of BBC Scotland.

And the scary thing is, you were pretty much spot on.

He said...

"We'll knuckle down and go up to Dingwall next week and hopefully put this to bed,"

"Celtic were terrific and there's no doubt about that," said the Motherwell boss. "But, coming up to five minutes before half time, for all the good play they've had, I don't think they've had any outstanding chances.

They should have scored about 15 seconds into the match!

They should have scored about 15 seconds into the match!

Exactly. Not to mention Nielsen having to block from Izaguirre and Commons and Brown at point blank range and them missing a sitter from a header in the first half before they scored.

Either McCall is a fucking moron or he thinks the entire support are fucking morons but if he seriously believes that quote then we've got problems.