Motherwell V Celtic 6/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

I agree with MJC. Would you wait till the timing belt goes on your car before replacing it. If your roof is leaking do you wait till it collapses in before fixing it?

Sometimes.if something isn't happening it needs to be dealt with..I can see why people feel mccall deserves time but unfortunately football is ruthless. There is no loyalty in the game anymore. Players like Hateley, law and higdon proved that. And do we honestly think if rangers came calling Mccall wouldn't ditch us?

Financially can we really afford to keep.going out of cups early?

If you didn't have money to have the work done and buy the parts - you'd scrap the motor or nurse it along until you could.

Stuart McCall's biggest error was made months ago. His squad rebuild was a failure, we do not have the right types of players or even players to play in certain positions.

I think the squad is so limited it would be very difficult for any new manager coming in with no scope for bring in new players in the transfer window. If anything it will be players leaving rather than coming in. Therefore I don't see much point of getting rid of McCall, especially if it was costing the club even more money.

We won't improve until we bring in at least three or four decent players and that won't happen until the summer.

I'm afraid the best we can hope for this season is a return to scraping wins as we did at the beginning because this squad just doesn't have the creativity or pace to do anything else.

We've had a period of good times, now we are sub standard and we'll all have to just sup it up until season 2014/15.

We have some 'easier' matches coming up so I think the support should forget about what has happened over the last two months or so and support the team and management over the next month or so. As poor as we've been there are points there to be won and getting on the teams back won't help.

If a month from now we are no further forward then we'll really have problems and perhaps action will have to be taken but that's speculation on a future that's not happened yet.

One of the big problems is going to be motivating the fans I think. The recent run of results, pish poor quality, pish poor weather, Xmas time etc is going to in my opinion see a serious downturn in crowds.

I've spoken to a few fans who really can't be arsed this year and things will just get worse. Unless Faddy can start to sparkle then I cannot see anything to bring a few fans back. If I didn't have my SB then I wouldn't pay to watch that.

Wasnt there lastnight, were we as bad as ever or were celtic really good? Radio scotland seem to be suggesting celtic were in irresistable form

I would say it was a bit both. We were bad last night and they did play some nice football. However, i think we made it, just that wee bit easier for them.

Don't like McCall never have and I've never hid that fact, but I've come round now tae what others are saying ,no point changing the manager were safe from the automatic relegation place and its highly unlikely we'll be in the play off either. Not going to be a great deal to play for now till the end of the season but that's just the way its panned out this term and its the same scenario for 3 or 4 other teams in the league.

I've spoken to a few fans who really can't be arsed this year and things will just get worse. Unless Faddy can start to sparkle then I cannot see anything to bring a few fans back. If I didn't have my SB then I wouldn't pay to watch that.

So no different from Old Firm fans then

Lap up the good times, but when we go through a rough patch - abandon the club like you would a sinking ship.

Not you Siebs barmy army but a few fans need to take a good look at themselves. You either support Motherwell or you don't. There have been worse periods than this in our history and there will be again. If fans are wetting their pants right now - god help us :doh:

• Like 2

I went to watch Clyde v Peterhead this afternoon in what was a decent game. However, the number of Clyde fans saying Duffy isn't good enough, these players aren't trying yadda yadda was frightening. This is a team that until today hadn't lost a game since 28th September! Football fans are fickle wherever you go but there seems to be a win at all costs mentality developing within our fans and there seems to be a willingness not to go because we are having a blip.

Don't like McCall never have and I've never hid that fact, but I've come round now tae what others are saying ,no point changing the manager were safe from the automatic relegation place and its highly unlikely we'll be in the play off either. Not going to be a great deal to play for now till the end of the season but that's just the way its panned out this term and its the same scenario for 3 or 4 other teams in the league.

Were you not outed as a dual account lastweek or did i pick that up wrong??

well8celtic0 April 1937.jpgOk, its been a shit week as a 'Well fan, but here's a little reading of happier times.thumbup.gif Oh to witness a result like that would be awesome, however, doubt we'll ever see anything close to that in the near future ........................................or even in the distant future

Best laugh of the evening was the warning on the electronic scoreboard about fans being arrested if they were to smoke in Fir Park, but as the police and stewards stood and watched, this warning was obscured by the flare burning that unwashed's hand and the smoke billowing out of the South Stand.

Having just gained the courage to watch the highlights, Celtic were denied two stonewall penalties. I am glad they didn't get them as the final scoreline would have probably matched the thrashing of the Jambos the previous week.

It was literally men against boys. We were no match for them either in quality or physically.

It was like when you were a wean and you were playing in a park against a bunch of boys who were three years older than you. You couldn't get the ball off them and whenever you got near them you were just brushed off with ease.