Damage After Celtic Game

gilmour

Ok I started a new thread seen I didn't want to clog up the actual match thread. We've now all seen the damage these parasites done to the south stand but I also wanted to discuss the general atmosphere at the game.

I walked up through dalziel av from the shields road flats last night and I must say its a long time since I've felt so edgy going to a game. Scores of that lot drinkin bottles of wine and beer, pishing in the street, shouting abuse at any passing well fans.

Now I'm in my fortys and far from a coward but for the first time in my life I covered my scarf up walking past as the atmosphere was poisonous to say the least. I refuse to take my family to games against Celtic and last night justified it. I couldnt put my granddaughters through that.

A couple in front of me had 2 young boys decked out In well colours and I ended up walking with them as they were clearly shaken by the abuse being directed at them. I wouldnt have done much good against dozens of scummy mhanks full of drink but it certainly made the mother feel better knowing there was at least one more friendly face around. All the way round past the south stand towards knowetop they were committing all sorts of offences from urinating in the street, singing sectarian songs and throwing empty alcohol containers away on the street while the police done nothing

This brings me to the game itself. From the start it was clear the atmosphere from the south was hate filled. The aisles were full of people standing and flares and smoke bombs were being let of every few seconds. Even folk I've spoke to in the east stand said they could see that lot holding up plastic seats while the police and stewards stood feet away and done nothing.

We know seats get damaged at grounds now and then but the extent of last nights damage is beyond that. Not only is the plastic broke but the entire black metal attaching the seats to the stairs are totally pulled off. iRA and other stuff also wrote on the stairs and seats. Looking at the pics on twitter is actually quite sickening.

Our club really need to make some sort of statement on this and not sweep.it under the carpet. No way in 2013 should people be scared or put off attending or taking family to football matches. I will never attend another game at fir park against Celtic and that is definite even as a season ticket holder.

Some people will say what can the club do. Well to start off they need to speak to.police and stewards and ask why nothing was done to stop seats getting smashed. Why also were the green brigade allowed to sit in that one massive section. Was it a case of sit where you want? motherwell are quick to make statements critising well farms for throwing paper onto.pitch at the European game so let's see if the come out and openly criticise Celtic fans. I won't hold.my breath though.

I left the game on 70minutes last night, not because of the score.but because I didn't want to.walk past that utter vermin after the game. I'll say it again no one should feel.like that at any football game.

Pretty sure when we buy tickets we need to provide personal details so do the club have details of who were sitting in the damaged seats?

A bit of a rant here and I apologise but last night was my worst experience ever at a game and I'm sure others feel the same.

If I had my way I would ban these animals from fir park. They have shown in recent years at Tynecastle , dens park and Amsterdam that they are getting out of control and are being allowed to do so.

• Like 6

My total rant from last night, not any good but it made me feel better getting it off my chest. At least it is in the correct thread now.

"What totally fucked me off was the Green Brigade manky cunts in the South Stand running the place, doing whatever the fuck they wanted, letting off smoke bombs and flares, wrecking seats, blocking stairways and not one of the useless spinless cunts of stewards or Police did anything about it even though they were about 2 foot away. They just stood there watching. Steward and Police the minority and not the majority. Too feart to do anything incase they cause a riot while the manky fuckers are well aware of that and have a jolly old time doing whatever the fuck they want knowing that no one is ever going to do anything about it.

The mayhem that they caused after the game was totally sickening as well with the Police chasing their arses and seeming totally unable to control them. Something needs to be done about these cunts but I'm totally aware that nothing ever will."

We have previous in some of this, but the Stewards are usually all over us, it was mob rule last night.

Stewards are happy taking golf umbrellas of fans in the main stand when its pishin cause umbrellas are dangerous you know and tell you not to stand in the passage way But a mob wrecking the stadium and most of them that pished they cant stand and should have been refused entry in the first place .Wtf are they getting paid for

The really sad thing is that won't have been teenagers thats idiots in their 20s 30s and probably 40s. Words can't describe how fucking sad they are. If that was us at the giro dome it would be national news with the polis and authorities throwing the book at us and as for any trouble after it if that was well fans running riot there would have been scores of us lifted doing a weekender and up in court on monday ! But i bet the number of arrests last night will be pathetic, its a sad day cause its clad in stone now that they can do what the fuck they like when they like ! Its only going to get worse and the blame lies equally with their club police Scotland and the football authorities, this has been waiting to happen for a while and now it has it will be harder to sweep under the carpet but they will still give it a good try.

Even when we were season ticket holders I would never take the kids to watch any game against the auld scum. Clubs seem fine with this as they bring large numbers so doesn't matter if dome home fans attend. Sad the clubs view it this way that they are so willing to accept such appalling behaviour.

Compare the policing and stewarding in the south stand last night to the policing and stewarding of our fans at the St Mirren game a few months back and it's obvious they are a bunch of useless bastards.

When they are really needed they are nowhere to be seen.

Me and my mate were unfortunate to be on one of the trains from Glasgow with the manks and as has been said before the atmosphere was poisonous. It just goes to remind everyone that they cannot be trusted to behave. Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

I'm pretty sure they won't be involved in anymore Friday night games after last night.

Ok I started a new thread seen I didn't want to clog up the actual match thread. We've now all seen the damage these parasites done to the south stand but I also wanted to discuss the general atmosphere at the game. I walked up through dalziel av from the shields road flats last night and I must say its a long time since I've felt so edgy going to a game. Scores of that lot drinkin bottles of wine and beer, pishing in the street, shouting abuse at any passing well fans. Now I'm in my fortys and far from a coward but for the first time in my life I covered my scarf up walking past as the atmosphere was poisonous to say the least. I refuse to take my family to games against Celtic and last night justified it. I couldnt put my granddaughters through that. A couple in front of me had 2 young boys decked out In well colours and I ended up walking with them as they were clearly shaken by the abuse being directed at them. I wouldnt have done much good against dozens of scummy mhanks full of drink but it certainly made the mother feel better knowing there was at least one more friendly face around. All the way round past the south stand towards knowetop they were committing all sorts of offences from urinating in the street, singing sectarian songs and throwing empty alcohol containers away on the street while the police done nothing This brings me to the game itself. From the start it was clear the atmosphere from the south was hate filled. The aisles were full of people standing and flares and smoke bombs were being let of every few seconds. Even folk I've spoke to in the east stand said they could see that lot holding up plastic seats while the police and stewards stood feet away and done nothing. We know seats get damaged at grounds now and then but the extent of last nights damage is beyond that. Not only is the plastic broke but the entire black metal attaching the seats to the stairs are totally pulled off. iRA and other stuff also wrote on the stairs and seats. Looking at the pics on twitter is actually quite sickening. Our club really need to make some sort of statement on this and not sweep.it under the carpet. No way in 2013 should people be scared or put off attending or taking family to football matches. I will never attend another game at fir park against Celtic and that is definite even as a season ticket holder. Some people will say what can the club do. Well to start off they need to speak to.police and stewards and ask why nothing was done to stop seats getting smashed. Why also were the green brigade allowed to sit in that one massive section. Was it a case of sit where you want? motherwell are quick to make statements critising well farms for throwing paper onto.pitch at the European game so let's see if the come out and openly criticise Celtic fans. I won't hold.my breath though. I left the game on 70minutes last night, not because of the score.but because I didn't want to.walk past that utter vermin after the game. I'll say it again no one should feel.like that at any football game. Pretty sure when we buy tickets we need to provide personal details so do the club have details of who were sitting in the damaged seats? A bit of a rant here and I apologise but last night was my worst experience ever at a game and I'm sure others feel the same. If I had my way I would ban these animals from fir park. They have shown in recent years at Tynecastle , dens park and Amsterdam that they are getting out of control and are being allowed to do so.

Motherwell v Celtic at Fir Park has always been a nasty fixture in my experience, as their travelling support is filled with the lower form of scumbags who are hellbent on intimidating locals with their carry on before, during and after the match. A Friday night fixture was always going to be a recipe for disaster with these louts given the amount of alcohol they would have been able to consume in the hours leading up to the match. No doubt somebody will be on to tell us that Rangers fans were just as bad if not worse when they used to visit but the reality is that in recent times there has been far more bother at games involving Celtic than those involving Rangers and I too would be wary of taking kids to games against them for the hassle they cause.

I remember a debate on the shoutbox last week about Celtic losing in the Champions League and the old chestnut about it being 'sectarian' to dislike them and wish them to lose etc. Well, if anyone needed any reminders as to why Celtic and their fans are disliked, look no further than last night. As you say, abusing innocent passers-by in the streets before the game, including women and kids, pissing in folks gardens, then throwing flares at their own goalkeeper and damaging multiple seats before repeating their pre-match disgusting behavior after the game. There is a large element in the Celtic support, particularly their away support who are utterly obnoxious arseholes who have no place in a football ground because they are more like political activists than football fans. Just look at the banners they fly, the songs they sing, campaigns they wage and intimidate and abuse anyone who is not 'one of them'. Furthermore, they are a dangerous animal because they are untouchable. The authorities won't do anything or say anything against them in fear of being labeled sectarian or racist, the police won't do anything because of their numbers and the media won't condemn them because they want to keep their jobs. And the Celtic support know all of this.

I'm all for supporters creating atmosphere at games, but this mob bring another angle to it. A non-football angle, and that changes the game for me.

• Like 4

Last week was an isolated incident. Celtics antics are now every away game they attend.

That also is true.... doesn't make it right tho. I am aware the extent of damage is different etc but it still feels to me muted outrage due to the fact. I personally love seeing old firm fans making an arse of themselves and being able to have a go and take the high ground, just don't think we can this time.