Damage After Celtic Game

gilmour

Its not particularly inside the grounds that rankles with me anyway although ive spoken to someone who was in amongst them, has went to watch them for 30 years and left the match last night beacuse she didnt feel safe. (She also claims turnstyle operators in the South were taking bungs)

Its more the double standards in policing outside , the likes of McMahon who within hours is asking for evidence if he thinks the sellik support has been wronged but you wont hear a peep out of about this , the media who in every report ive seen so far have mentioned sevco and Motherwell fans last week in a bid to reduce culpability and the SFA and SPFL who watch them doing it week in week out and appear , like the rotten mob themselves to be scared to take action

As always , their vile followers take over all social media chat about their actions with the 'sort your own house out' and 'it's not just us' shite , but they are on a different level altogether from supporters of any other team in the league .

I wasn't at NDP last week and may be wrong , but I suspect a lot of the damage may have been more accidental than malicious through high jinx and general mischief making of a group consisting of mainly teenagers and guys in their 20's.

That last night , however was pre-meditated , wilfull criminal wrecking of a large area of the stand by grown men who fancy themselves as some sort of political activists , masquerading as football fans.

Theres no denying every team has an element among their support, especially at away games , for whom the football and match experience is a distant 2nd to the drinking and trouble causing , although in all honesty our own Well Bois are in the vast majority there solely to create an atmosphere and support the team , as seen right til the final whistle last night.

The police and stewards are on a hiding to nothing purely down to the sheer number of them , so choose to do fuck all at the time , so its down to Celtic as a club to root them out through ticket tracing etc , and their fans who proclaim themselves as the best in the world to self-police and perhaps anonymously tip of the relevant people with names of the ones who cause the hassle.

This will never happen of course , Lawell and Lennon will pay lip service to the media once more before its business as usual for them at their next port of call on their travels .

They really are the scourge not only of a sport , but a country , hideous , contemptible scum , living in the glory of their own notoriety regardless of any man woman or child that may be offended or physically hurt by their actions.

C#nts .

Incidentally I think Motherwell have a real chance to stan. up to Celtic and moronic behaviour here and at the same time reclaim a bit of dignity after a horrid week.

Ban away fans at the next Well v Celtic game.

We would he more than entitled to and it would send a message. That part of the South Stand will never be repaired to the way it was. The whole evening was marred in poison and hate. It's a sport FFS. A game. Time to reclaim some basic sporting values.

No away fans at the next one. Bill Celtic for the money we lose out on. If they don't pay we will claw some back anyway from the amount of Home fans that actually show up for a Celtic game and more perhaps to support the club's bravery.

Allow them back in to break the rest of the seats and thereccould be sub 1000 well fans at the next one.

Time to stand up Motherwell.

Just once, please...

• Like 2

Aye I keep hearing about this 'tiny minority' of Celtic fans and the 'decent' ones outnumber them 100/1.

100/1, genuinely disgraced by the band behavior and none of them do anything about it?

Almost as bad as the police.

Would you go into a group of drunk neds and do anything about it if that was our fans?

It's the police and stewards jobs to deal with that, not the fans.

Aye I keep hearing about this 'tiny minority' of Celtic fans and the 'decent' ones outnumber them 100/1.

100/1, genuinely disgraced by the band behavior and none of them do anything about it?

Almost as bad as the police.

fucking moronic comment

have you ever smashed a seat or a sign inside a football ground?

I wasn't at NDP last week and may be wrong , but I suspect a lot of the damage may have been more accidental than malicious through high jinx and general mischief making of a group consisting of mainly teenagers and guys in their 20's.

That last night , however was pre-meditated , wilfull criminal wrecking of a large area of the stand by grown men who fancy themselves as some sort of political activists , masquerading as football fans.

Wrecking seats:

Motherwell fans: High jinx/general mischief making.

Celtic Fans: pre-meditated , wilfull criminal wrecking

Flares/smoke bombs..

I was going to suggest that you should have already worked this out but in your case I'm not too sure.

Would you go into a group of drunk neds and do anything about it if that was our fans?

It's the police and stewards jobs to deal with that, not the fans.

Not on my own, no. I doubt Mike Tyson would. But Celtic fans keep saying The 'Green Brigade' is only 50 fans yet they let them run the entire away support. Pretty sure a few half decent supporters clubs could get together and sort them out. If they actually wanted to...

Remember the days when the Celtic fans would band together and kick the living shit out of the Celtic soccer crew ? Why don't they just start doing that again if they are truly pissed off with the green brigade ? The polis won't do it, the authorities won't do it and Celtic football club won't do it so its up to all decent Celtic fans to do it ! If that involves dishing out the same treatment the Celtic casuals got a few years back then so be it.

Incidentally I think Motherwell have a real chance to stan. up to Celtic and moronic behaviour here and at the same time reclaim a bit of dignity after a horrid week.

We would he more than entitled to and it would send a message. That part of the South Stand will never be repaired to the way it was. The whole evening was marred in poison and hate. It's a sport FFS. A game. Time to reclaim some basic sporting values.

No away fans at the next one. Bill Celtic for the money we lose out on. If they don't pay we will claw some back anyway from the amount of Home fans that actually show up for a Celtic game and more perhaps to support the club's bravery.

Allow them back in to break the rest of the seats and thereccould be sub 1000 well fans at the next one.

Time to stand up Motherwell.

Just once, please...

What an idiotic post.

Pumped out both cups, form resulting in our saleable assets not being so attractive come the January window, a good number of people missing matches and now not buying half season tickets and you want to ban 6,500 at £22 odd quid a pop.

I would say that the most you could get to come is 100-200 more based on taking the moral high ground, not to mention they'd no doubt boycott us (a la Rugby Park) for a significant time.

It's all well to stand on a soap box and very easy to wag a finger when you don't know the financials or basics of running a sustainable business, especially one that faces major cloth cutting.

The club followed our desire to vote against Rangers (quite rightly based on all the facts), the proviso was that through Steelmen Forever that fanbase would have to help with the shortfall with things like buy a brick and other initiatives.

By making a hoo-ha out of this Accies, SPFL/SFA and the authorities could go to town on us. The club have done the right thing by keeping it on the downlow as it satisfies both clubs management rather than baying to the red mist/green brigades.

Last week was an isolated incident. Celtics antics are now every away game they attend.

We've had or will have to pay for damage at two away ground this season. We will also be in trouble over smoke bombs and missiles thrown on to the pitch last week.

It's pretty obvious to anyone bar the 'it's not us it's you' mob that there is a problem with 'Ultra' groups across Scottish football.

I broadly support the Well Bois in creating atmosphere but causing damage, smoke bombs, flares, missiles on the pitch and violence is a step backwards to the bad old days.

The clubs need to talk to the police and get them to do what they are paid a lot of money to do and that is to remove trouble makers. What happened last night was blatant criminal damage in the presence of large numbers of police. The police also stood and watched at New Douglas Park.

They are not doing their job and taking a huge amount of money out of the game.

• Like 2

What an idiotic post.

Pumped out both cups, form resulting in our saleable assets not being so attractive come the January window, a good number of people missing matches and now not buying half season tickets and you want to ban 6,500 at £22 odd quid a pop.

I would say that the most you could get to come is 100-200 more based on taking the moral high ground, not to mention they'd no doubt boycott us (a la Rugby Park) for a significant time.

It's all well to stand on a soap box and very easy to wag a finger when you don't know the financials or basics of running a sustainable business, especially one that faces major cloth cutting.

The club followed our desire to vote against Rangers (quite rightly based on all the facts), the proviso was that through Steelmen Forever that fanbase would have to help with the shortfall with things like buy a brick and other initiatives.

By making a hoo-ha out of this Accies, SPFL/SFA and the authorities could go to town on us. The club have done the right thing by keeping it on the downlow as it satisfies both clubs management rather than baying to the red mist/green brigades.

Really sad to see that u are happy that this is getting swept under the carpet. What is the point in Football if we let ourselves be shat on time and time again. Sure it could cost us money to ban the Celtic hoards but they come once or twice a season. I'm fed up of our club just accepting that this mob and their other half can do as they please. I'm sure others are as well. Apathy is rife enough around our club, sweeping this under the carpet could cost the club fans. Just 20 fans calling it a day will cost the club more money than a Celtic game! About time we realised that.

Wrecking seats:

Motherwell fans: High jinx/general mischief making.

Celtic Fans: pre-meditated , wilfull criminal wrecking

Flares/smoke bombs..

I was going to suggest that you should have already worked this out but in your case I'm not too sure.

As I said in my post , wasn't at the cup game and haven't seen any images to the extent of damage caused by our support so was surmising , perhaps wrongly , that it was considerably less than last night and that some of it may have been caused by people jumping around and being overly boisterous in their support of the team , and as far as I'm aware it appears to have been a one off isolated incident that I'm sure won't occur again any time soon.

No matter how it occurred its obviously wrong , and if it happened along similar lines to what we witnessed last night , then of course the culprits among our own support should also be sought out and dealt with .

The point I was trying to make is the level of aggression and intimidation from Celtic fans in and around the stadium before , during and after the game as well as the damage caused . Due to numbers they seem almost untouchable and continue to get progressively worse. The behaviour of some of our support last week was unacceptable , but was contained within their own section and I dont imagine they left any women and children in fear either entering or leaving the stadium .

As I also said , every team has an element within its support that they would be better off without , but what that lot bring is a dark and sinister animal that really spirals out of control . Damaged stadium , all sorts of public disorder en masse and damage also to local business premises , how often does that happen nowadays with supports outwith theirs ?

Really sad to see that u are happy that this is getting swept under the carpet. What is the point in Football if we let ourselves be shat on time and time again. Sure it could cost us money to ban the Celtic hoards but they come once or twice a season. I'm fed up of our club just accepting that this mob and their other half can do as they please. I'm sure others are as well. Apathy is rife enough around our club, sweeping this under the carpet could cost the club fans. Just 20 fans calling it a day will cost the club more money than a Celtic game! About time we realised that.

I'd be happy if people could attend football matches, watch in a safe yet enjoyable way and leave without feeling any way threatened.

I'm happy that our club is making a mature and sensible decision regarding this in the circumstances, Celtic's behaviour is photographically documented along with their rap sheet in Amsterdam and antics in Milan ..... along with ours last week in Hamilton.

While you pontificate about the best course of action, if you were stood in front of the South in a high viz would you have ejected someone in the middle of that? Unfortunately the cops made a big mistake not clamping down on this mob after they terrorised Tynecastle. It's all about weighing up the situation, of course the police could have kettled them after the final whistle.

With respect to this, you've got to realise which battles to fight and which ones to leave when you're fighting a war. (in our case its sustainability and survival, I don't know if you've noticed Scottish football is on its arse)

I see your Maths is as good as your spelling.

Sorry but this is just shite.

We are fucked financially as it is, banning away fans only effects and disadvantages us. Not the people that it should i.e. the GB or whatever knuckle scrapers caused the mayhem last night.

We rely to a certain extent on the away fans that Celtic bring to Fir Park twice a season.

• Like 1

1386430191[/url]' post='400848']

Remember the days when the Celtic fans would band together and kick the living shit out of the Celtic soccer crew ? Why don't they just start doing that again if they are truly pissed off with the green brigade ? The polis won't do it, the authorities won't do it and Celtic football club won't do it so its up to all decent Celtic fans to do it ! If that involves dishing out the same treatment the Celtic casuals got a few years back then so be it.

I reckon we should punch them about the place the next time they come to fir park

• Like 3