Damage After Celtic Game

gilmour

Can we as the Morherwell fans not get direct answers from the steward company who work our home games or Police Scotland. It pisses me off that I've been close to being fucked out for simply standing up when I can't see and trying to explain so to the stewards only deems me a 'trouble maker'.

As many people as possible should contact Frank Roy MP & ask him to get answers from the chief constable of Police Scotland why his officers did nothing when it was all kicking off.

They accept " some blame"..it was youfuckers that caused the damage....fuckin vermin. I stopped goin to their place years ago, cos if you farted the wrong way , you wereout on your arse.

As was posted earlier, where was the speky cunt with the loudspeaker who can spot you standing from 100 yards away.

Spoke to someone who was on duty at the game. Police can only intervene if they see it kick off essentially so he said. I presume that was a match commander type call.

Why the stewards didn't insist on clearing the two centre aisles I don't know. That surely presented a health and safety issue potentially and definitely a general pain in arse for other fans wanting to move freely about the stand to toilets/pie stand etc.

There was a horrible atmosphere in and around the game and was about as unpleasant a game as I've seen in a good while but I don't think we can be to high and mighty about the damaged seats given we supposedly left a good few damaged at NDP the previous week.

As many people as possible should contact Frank Roy MP & ask him to get answers from the chief constable of Police Scotland why his officers did nothing when it was all kicking off.

Already done, encourage others to do the same.

Also got in touch with Leanne Dempster, Chief Constable and sending one to Peter Lawwell (that he will never get, and a waste of time). That fucked off after Friday night, just getting it off my chest to all and sundry.

Please don't blame the stewards for the lack of any action taken whilst the seats were being damaged, the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of senior Police officers and the football authorities.

Stewards don't get paid to deal with the obvious violence they would have faced had they attempted to eject anyone from the area in the south stand.

It would appear that Police policy where crowds are involved, particularly large football crowds is to watch/video/identify and attempt to make arrests at a later date when it is less likely to cause any problems than if they made their moves during a game.

We might not like it, and I don't, but in the interests of safety I can understand it.

They couldn't even keep or even attempt to keep the walkways clear, worse that fucking useless. Would have been as well not being there.

Think that they are hard as fuck with the home support and when wee teams come a calling. Give them a reflective jacket and they think that they are hardmen. Utter useless shitebags when the big teams arrive.

many wanting police to wade in, think about what your asking for, think how that affects our club, our leagues image on live TV and the costs forced on us to host all matches in the future, think about how it affects our traveling fans, like just the week before if that were a current tactic of Police Scotland it would have got quite messy, anything outside the ground should've been dealt with a civil disorder, hopefuly it will have.

So basically you are saying don't do anything about it because it would cost more money. So everyone turns a blind eye just to save money. Ignore blatant disorder and mob mentlity to save money. Imagine the state the world would be in if it took your attitute toward disorder and law breaking

Out league's image on TV, you having a laugh, it is already zero

They needed sorted out end of, the Police and stewards should have done their jobs but didn't. It was a public order issue that no one did anything about. Inside or out of the ground. I personnally witnessed both. Shite happening outside the ground, Police nearby and did sweet fuck all about it.

The main thing that it affects is Celtic Football Club, Police Scotland and whatever useless pile of cunts Motherwell Football Club employ and pay to carry out their stewarding.

So basically you are saying don't do anything about it because it would cost more money. So everyone turns a blind eye just to save money. Ignore blatant disorder and mob mentlity to save money. Imagine the state the world would be in if it took your attitute toward disorder and law breaking

Out league's image on TV, you having a laugh, it is already zero

They needed sorted out end of, the Police and stewards should have done their jobs but didn't. It was a public order issue that no one did anything about. Inside or out of the ground. I personnally witnessed both. Shite happening outside the ground, Police nearby and did sweet fuck all about it.

The main thing that it affects is Celtic Football Club, Police Scotland and whatever useless pile of cunts Motherwell Football Club employ and pay to carry out their stewarding.

eh no, I'm saying Id rather not have police and stewards piling into supports, as almost every week similar incidents occur, at grounds around the country, and we all know that, direct action by police, will lead to the smaller supports getting hit more often, and clubs getting billed when there is no real requirement for police in grounds.

Im happy that the main culprits will get their dues, and that our club handled it correctly. to manage the impact on us, I don't really care what stewards or police could've done if the club doesn't want any action

hopefully it puts an end to Friday night football, been a while since our directors were out lauding it as the next saviour plan

Ps I also find it laughable that so many that praise our bois are so outraged by some of the minor offences such as standing and wandering into walkways and not taking assigned seats etc

boooo, the sellik fans done it, call in the death squad, bollox if we want relaxed stewarding it goes for all, a group about double our support at Hamilton done about double the damage, pipe down, hopefully the idiots that smashed seats get their comeuppance, and Ive said before outside the ground should be dealt with

• Like 1

I don't think it will put an end to Friday night football for us but it certainly seems likely that it end those games for cellic.

After all, were they not trying out Friday night football with low profile matches? Any match involving either half of the OF will certainly not be a low profile match.

I think its quite simple celtic pay to get stadium fixed same as the well pay to get accies seats fixed. as for the stewards and police depends what there job is i.e prevent fans coming on to pitch and from violence then they could say they done that or if they are paid to prevent damage to property then they haven't done their job

You would have to be a total braindeed to behave like that at the football. If the green brigade are denying responsibility and condemning these actions then it is up to them to identify the perpetrators as it was clearly done behind their banner. Get these dicks banned from all stadiums and get the asbos handed out. Scottish football needs a shot in the arm, how do we encourage the future generations along to fir park, or anywhere else, when these morons are allowed to run riot wherever they go.

The clubs, including celtic, need to get together with the spfl to decide on some course of action.

As I read it Brazilian is looking further ahead than an immediate, if totally understandable, blood lust for retribution.

It's a 'How to best play the system' strategy if you like - a system that is far from ideal admittedly.

The immediate focus will be on sorting the damage. That'll be done and it'll be at Celtic's expense. You never know if we screw Celtic for completely new seating we may even be able to salvage some seats or seat-backs that save us money when replacements are needed further down the line.

I also thought it was sensible to keep schtum rather than MFC make any statement. The pictures speak for themselves. Motherwell making any statement is only liable to deflect attention on to us when any misdemeanors of our own are cast up, however minor in comparison they may be. As it is the inability or unwillingness of Celtic FC to properly deal with their own supporters on the back of those photos are the lasting impression that people have.

But there is no question that where it gets a bit sickening is where the system has to be played otherwise WE suffer again. If we did slate Celtic and their fans as many of us would want, then we risk the potential that they don't come next time. Unpalatable as that is, we need their money, otherwise we suffer. By keeping quiet we can adopt a different tack, say when next season comes around we can quietly add a couple of quid to their admission money, by way of insurance, and we don't take any financial hit.

I believe that no club will want to speak on instances like this unless they really have to. We know they all want as few police at games as possible. Presumably the more police, the higher the cost - regardless of how often or what they choose to intervene on.

If clubs are seen as unable to handle games through stewarding and a token amount of police, then we are on a slippery slope in that they get saddled with paying for more police, whose required increased presence allows authorities to justify the kind of legislation that was passed in the last year, and the provision of a budget for that group, whose name escapes me, whose over the top reactions made life so difficult for 'Well fans at Paisley.

And that in itself is a further potential consequence and I think what Brazilian was getting at. There is a risk that rather than just the Green Brigade being given the attention they so clearly merit, as is often is the case, we end up suffering for it when the authorities take action. We know how these things work. They talk of action across the board but its the 60 'Well fans that'll get targeted, not the 600 from Celtic when push comes to shove.

Play it down as much as possible, take the repeated line that its a minority, we will self police blah blah hope things quickly settle down and then the authorities attention will move on elsewhere. Not pleasant but make too much noise and their attention won't be diverted elsewhere and they'll be looking to step in.

I do think behind the scenes though MFC will be asking questions of the stewarding and albeit bit more delicately about the policing but in terms of our club I don't think our strategy in handling this has been off the mark at all.

• Like 4

Spoke to someone who was on duty at the game. Police can only intervene if they see it kick off essentially so he said.

You've got to love how this excuse is wheeled out whenever it suits their inaction. This "rule" didn't stop them getting stuck right in to a group of teenagers at St. Mirren earlier in the season.

The brainless element in the Celtic support know they're untouchable. The only people who have any way of identifying who some of these people are, is Celtic FC. If they wanted to eradicate (or at least disempower) this element of their support, they could start by taking a hard line against those in their Green Brigade section. I'm sure those who have done nothing wrong would be quick to point out the troublemakers.

But of course, Celtic won't do that, as they won't want to risk further alienating a powerful element of their support.

Frankie Bhoy will be too busy lounging about in his sellick jammies listening to some fine tunes from the old country to deal with your complaints , so I wouldn't bother going down that road.

Aside from the wanton vandalism, its apparent the stewards/police did nothing to ensure Celtic fans actually went to the seats allocated to them on their ticket. Right up front, that is a major problem and in fact the reason for the seat smashing. If these arseholes were all put where they were meant to be – i.e. randomly spread across both tiers, there wouldn’t have been a small section of retards in the one place egging each other on.

Go to a gig, a busy cinema, or even most sporting events, where there is going to be a capacity issue, you get allocated your seat and often shown exactly where this is. If someone is sitting in it, they get shifted. I’ve read some Celtic fans defence of the seat smashing due to over indulgent celebrations caused by the area being over-crowded. Sorry guys, MFC did not sell more tickets that the stand hold. If the section was overcrowded its because you didn’t bother going to your allocated seat.

Also, on the point of over exuberant celebrations, whilst it’s obviously a smoke screen, I can sort of see how one or two seats might lose their flap sections. However most of these seats have also lost their backs and there’s nothing left attaching them to the step. They have been deliberately vandalised. No question about it.

Our stewards have let the GB or whatever faction of Celtic fans that was decide themselves where they were going to be located and essentially allowed them free reign over the decisions and safety in that stand. The stewards and police have to take some responsibility here.

Not defending anyone here, but could it be that the police felt that by going into that crowd may have caused even more issues?

Like what? A couple of police get attacked? Maybe that might happen, and while there are a lot of idiots within the Celtic support, if a decent number of police are sent in, order will soon be restored.

An attack on the police (two different police forces inside a month) would soon put an end to TGFITW pish and show them up for what they really are.

Thinking more about the seat issue. I was at Barnsley v Birmingham last weekend. Stood up the back with the singers. Great atmosphere, everyone standing and very rowdy when the 3 goals went in. I never saw a single seat get smashed. Despite a few of their young team jumping forward a good few rows.

These rockets are fucking at it, and so are any of our own arseholes who did the same at New Douglas Park.

• Like 1