Damage After Celtic Game

gilmour

With their home attendances plummeting there was no way they would ban them for a serious length of time. As every week passes there are more and more empty green and white seats at the San Giro so banning fans who have a lot of sway with a number of ordinary Celtic scarfers is not good business on their part. I'm by no way sticking up for the club or the fucking simpletons known as the green brigade but from a business point of view i understand it. Will be interesting to see how they are policed at the next away game.

And Celtic have lifted the 'suspension' on the 128 fans that they suspended for the damage at Fir Park. No surprise really, like I said on here a couple of weeks back, their vows to take action was nothing more than lip service.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article5339147.ece

The article doesn't say they've lifted the suspension on the 128 fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I would leave it for as long as we don't need the seats to remind the country what those animals did every time they watch Sportscene.

You cannot shame those who are ashamed by nothing they will probably just take offence about it shamed by nothing offended by everything

I am not sure what’s involved in that process. Are acts of vandalism covered by a clubs insurance policy (Celtic or Motherwell’s)?

According to the 'expert journo's' on the radio, the spfl clubs have an agreement they pay for the damage their own supporters do, and the host club doesnt raise an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

So the police have no problem catching up with well fans, yet we still wait on them arresting the scum who damaged the seats. Strathclyde police are an utter disgrace.

As long as they catch up and deal with anyone who's needing caught up and dealt with for anything they did that day, I can't say I'm personally all that fussed what order they do it in.

Possibly Celtic fans who live in the Motherwell area?

Police have arrested 14 teenagers in connection with crowd trouble at last month's SPFL game between Motherwell and Celtic at Fir Park.

Six 16 year olds, five 15 year olds and three 14 year olds - all from the Motherwell area - were held, bringing the total number of arrests to 25.

They will be reported to the procurator fiscal and children's reporter.

During the match, smoke bombs, flares and fireworks were set off. There was also trouble in Motherwell town centre.

A reported £10,000 of damage was caused to seats in a section of Fir Park housing Celtic fans.

Following the match, Celtic suspended 128 fans from their games and relocated 250 season-ticket holders.

The club said it was "appalled" by the disorder and issued precautionary suspensions preventing fans from attending home and away matches.

The 250 season-ticket holders relocated were seated in the Green Brigade's corner of Celtic Park.