Damage After Celtic Game

gilmour

What is it they say about twitter, at its best 5 minutes after something happens and at its worst for the 12 hours immediately after that. Me thinks this forum can be the same.

Let calm down and see what comes out over time rather than second guessing and conjecture.

Also I would be eternally indebted to the Bois if they had a stunt planned for Parkhead, I recall Rangers showed up to a match after part of the roof fell off and everyone had a yellow builders helmet on, genius.

What is it they say about twitter, at its best 5 minutes after something happens and at its worst for the 12 hours immediately after that. Me thinks this forum can be the same.

Let calm down and see what comes out over time rather than second guessing and conjecture

:angry: No second guessing or conjecture... local lads had had enough intimidation that night. Result? Given the wanton vandalism and destruction with listed likely perpetrators (their horrible club have all details, suspending some, relocating others) off scot free whilst those at policescotland who were unprepared and caught out single out the minority.

Justifying the exorbitant overtime rates - go on, tell us how lucky some are to be paying 40% tax for the privilege!

:angry: No second guessing or conjecture... local lads had had enough intimidation that night. Result? Given the wanton vandalism and destruction with listed likely perpetrators (their horrible club have all details, suspending some, relocating others) off scot free whilst those at policescotland who were unprepared and caught out single out the minority.

Justifying the exorbitant overtime rates - go on, tell us how lucky some are to be paying 40% tax for the privilege!

So, because some people get away with crimes, your theory is all people should?

Like the earlier poster said, maybe wait till we hear all the facts before the mock outrage begins.

1389634332[/url]' post='403838']

So, because some people get away with crimes, your theory is all people should?

Like the earlier poster said, maybe wait till we hear all the facts before the mock outrage begins.

My theory? May have read differently, but, not the point I was trying to make at all and definitely nothing to suit your penchant for pedantry. My point has been described a little more succinctly by something else above.

I'd wager my opinion may be a little more informed given I've spoken to some of the lads involved and knowing and conversing with their parents. Mock outrage? Tsk.

• 2 weeks later...

hahahahahaha

i just read that.........

"While wanton vandalism cannot ever be right neither is it right that a section of the Celtic support have been labelled as vandals without any foundation or proof." - is it not proof enough that rows of seats were yanked out and destroyed?!

what also made me laugh was the links on the RHS of the page - one for the local MSPs - no doubt to complain

and the other "witness statement" - no doubt for all the scum bags to gather enough evidence when something goes tits up

Always the victim, never their fault...you couldn't mark these cunts necks with a blow torch.

http://www.celtictru..._article&id=464

No doubt Celtic will be on the phone to UEFA seeking clarification over the damage...if they want conclusive proof collect the broken seats and nail them to brother walfrids statue outside that shithole. The really are beyond belief, feckin scumbags

I really don't know whether to be pissed off by that or laugh at it. I really don't know how they can turn an incident like that around to make themselves the victims !! The real sad thing is there will be people in high places who back this bullshit ! Lawyers MSPs etc. i wish they would just fuck off to play in England already cause i've had enough of the wanks.

• Like 1

I really don't know whether to be pissed off by that or laugh at it. I really don't know how they can turn an incident like that around to make themselves the victims !! The real sad thing is there will be people in high places who back this bullshit ! Lawyers MSPs etc. i wish they would just fuck off to play in England already cause i've had enough of the wanks.

England? They aren't stupid enough to invite them in.

They want to be Irish, let them go and play in the Irish league. And if they take their obnoxious brother with them, even better.

1390558536[/url]' post='404747']

They're 'the playground bully' of Scottish football. They'll dish it out yet can't take it when they get it back and whenever they get caught they say "it wisny me" and blame someone else.

BBC reports

"A football fan caught waving a smoke grenade in a packed stand as Dundee United played Aberdeen has been banned from matches for two years."

And yet Celtic fans clearly holding Flares (not smoke grenades) pictures published in national newspapers et al and what punishment has befallen them?

Surely the law must be applied equally?

When is the law ever applied equally? Determining who should be punished and how for any offence always comes down to the personal biases and risk assessments of somebody or other eventually, so some folk will always get treated more harshly than you or I might like, and others more leniently.

BBC reports

"A football fan caught waving a smoke grenade in a packed stand as Dundee United played Aberdeen has been banned from matches for two years."

And yet Celtic fans clearly holding Flares (not smoke grenades) pictures published in national newspapers et al and what punishment has befallen them?

Prosecute the greatest fans in tbe world...aye right dont hold your breath on that one.Those feckin scumbags have been getting away with shit like that for years.

The police dont want to know, the SFA are shit scared of them and their media spin doctors will blame everybody else.

Still Lawell banned them for 5 mins so its ok. Its time the media started to get right into these feckers

Isn't there a chance that the Motherwell cops got their targets identified quicker as it was a smaller number and were able to make their targeted arrests while the plods in London Road nick are still compiling their list due to the sheer number (and fact that they will have to apply advanced techniques to clean the photo's with the unwashed in them)?

It's just precedent suggests the rozzers prefer to do this in one fail swoop. To facilitate a combined arrest would require a serious number of cops on duty early one morning only after a fair bit of intelligence is done as to where they can apprehend them.

This whole Celtic get away with murder stuff with respect to that Friday would may be better reviewed in 6 months time. If there isn't any news about it then I'll be the first to hold my hands up on here and then compose a letter to the chief plod, for all the good it'd do.

1390628432[/url]' post='404836']

Isn't there a chance that the Motherwell cops got their targets identified quicker as it was a smaller number and were able to make their targeted arrests while the plods in London Road nick are still compiling their list due to the sheer number (and fact that they will have to apply advanced techniques to clean the photo's with the unwashed in them)?

It's just precedent suggests the rozzers prefer to do this in one fail swoop. To facilitate a combined arrest would require a serious number of cops on duty early one morning only after a fair bit of intelligence is done as to where they can apprehend them.

This whole Celtic get away with murder stuff with respect to that Friday would may be better reviewed in 6 months time. If there isn't any news about it then I'll be the first to hold my hands up on here and then compose a letter to the chief plod, for all the good it'd do.

NO. As it stands, an attempt to cover up poor planning and ineffective policing has seen those who had their names taken outside The Electric Bar post match have the police attend places of residence (one in the company of some choice media ally, heralding a perceived success of smashing alleged football hooliganism) and even places of education to caution those, as the ages confirm, not old enough to gain entry to the bar. Top detective work? Verifying need for overtime match fees?

It's nothing short of a sham on the part of Police Scotland. Unsure of the full number, some if not all are disallowed from attending matches at the moment with potential 6 year banning orders threatened. I fully expect the legal representation of those cautioned to have the interim bans reversed as the police argument has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

We pay for their hats though...

NO. As it stands, an attempt to cover up poor planning and ineffective policing has seen those who had their names taken outside The Electric Bar post match have the police attend places of residence (one in the company of some choice media ally, heralding a perceived success of smashing alleged football hooliganism) and even places of education to caution those, as the ages confirm, not old enough to gain entry to the bar. Top detective work? Verifying need for overtime match fees?

It's nothing short of a sham on the part of Police Scotland. Unsure of the full number, some if not all are disallowed from attending matches at the moment with potential 6 year banning orders threatened. I fully expect the legal representation of those cautioned to have the interim bans reversed as the police argument has more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

We pay for their hats though...

If that is the case then it is lazy and disproportionate.

However I do expect something to come of the Celtic behaviour in due course .... actually based on your post ..... I'll rephrase and say I hope something comes of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Celtic full of shit as usual. That's twice now it wasn't the green biggots.

Celtic: Neil Lennon welcomes Green Brigade return

Neil Lennon has welcomed the return of the Green Brigade to Celtic Park.

The "ultras" group have been absent since Celtic were fined £42,000 by Uefa for "illicit" banners displayed during a Champions League match in November.

The group, dispersed from section 111, gathered in a different part of Celtic Park for the win over St Johnstone.

"I can't thank them enough because they made a hell of a difference to the atmosphere today. The players would've thrived on it," said Lennon.

“I got word this week that they might be in and I was delighted to hear that noise”

Celtic manager Neil LennonUefa fined Celtic after banners with a slogan depicted Scottish warrior William Wallace and IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands were displayed during the Champions League clash against AC Milan.

The Scottish Premiership leaders suspended 128 supporters from home and away matches following trouble at Motherwell's Fir Park.

And Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has previously criticised the Green Brigade for damaging the club's reputation.

On Sunday, about 250 fans, including two drummers with a Green Brigade flag, congregated in section 118 for the win over St Johnstone.

"Whoever they were - I don't know if they were the official Green Brigade or not - I can't thank them enough because they made a hell of a difference to the atmosphere today," said Lennon.

"I got word this week that they might be in and I was delighted to hear that noise. You tell even just by the rhythm of the game that they added to it.

"So long as everyone works within the rules of the club then we welcome that colour, energy and noise.

"It's been part of my time here for the last three-and-a-half years and we don't want to miss that because they brought a lot of good to the ground."

When asked about the group's return, a Celtic spokeswoman said: "They were not banned and they bought individual match tickets."

Celtic full of shit as usual. That's twice now it wasn't the green biggots.

Celtic: Neil Lennon welcomes Green Brigade return

Neil Lennon has welcomed the return of the Green Brigade to Celtic Park.

The "ultras" group have been absent since Celtic were fined £42,000 by Uefa for "illicit" banners displayed during a Champions League match in November.

The group, dispersed from section 111, gathered in a different part of Celtic Park for the win over St Johnstone.

"I can't thank them enough because they made a hell of a difference to the atmosphere today. The players would've thrived on it," said Lennon.

“I got word this week that they might be in and I was delighted to hear that noise”

Celtic manager Neil LennonUefa fined Celtic after banners with a slogan depicted Scottish warrior William Wallace and IRA hunger striker Bobby Sands were displayed during the Champions League clash against AC Milan.

The Scottish Premiership leaders suspended 128 supporters from home and away matches following trouble at Motherwell's Fir Park.

And Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell has previously criticised the Green Brigade for damaging the club's reputation.

On Sunday, about 250 fans, including two drummers with a Green Brigade flag, congregated in section 118 for the win over St Johnstone.

"Whoever they were - I don't know if they were the official Green Brigade or not - I can't thank them enough because they made a hell of a difference to the atmosphere today," said Lennon.

"I got word this week that they might be in and I was delighted to hear that noise. You tell even just by the rhythm of the game that they added to it.

"So long as everyone works within the rules of the club then we welcome that colour, energy and noise.

"It's been part of my time here for the last three-and-a-half years and we don't want to miss that because they brought a lot of good to the ground."

When asked about the group's return, a Celtic spokeswoman said: "They were not banned and they bought individual match tickets."

I said at the time when folk were giving Celtic pats on the back and saying fair play when they..ahem..suspended a number of supporters in relation to this 'incident' that it was nothing more than lip service and that's how it's turned out.

Well...nothing has come of the downiright thuggery and loutish behaviour they displayed at Fir Park, or the political shite they were peddling a week or so before and the same group have yet again been given the green light to continue their 'antics' so I hope that all those who tried to defend them with "we're just as bad because some of our fans smashed up NDP "are taking note. We were condemned for that...do you see Celtic's equivalent being subjected to the same condemnation???

• Like 2