Damage After Celtic Game

gilmour

Aside from the wanton vandalism, its apparent the stewards/police did nothing to ensure Celtic fans actually went to the seats allocated to them on their ticket. Right up front, that is a major problem and in fact the reason for the seat smashing. If these arseholes were all put where they were meant to be – i.e. randomly spread across both tiers, there wouldn’t have been a small section of retards in the one place egging each other on.

Not condoning the GB behaviour in any way but its myth that they simply congregated in that area of the stand and told everyone else to GTF. They were allocated a block of tickets together in that area, Motherwell allow them to make the block booking. There might have been some overflow from others who were meant to sit elsewhere but the vast majority were in the "right" place as it were.

Not condoning the GB behaviour in any way but its myth that they simply congregated in that area of the stand and told everyone else to GTF. They were allocated a block of tickets together in that area, Motherwell allow them to make the block booking. There might have been some overflow from others who were meant to sit elsewhere but the vast majority were in the "right" place as it were.

I don't know about that, but if you can drum up the enthusiasm to look at the green brigade thread on talkceltic.net you will see that they are all saying the area was too crowded with far too many people for the number of seats. You are probably correct in saying that the ones allocated those seats were in the area, but if what they are saying on their own forums is accurate then a shit load more of them decided to go in those sections as well.

I hate the police as much as the next person but what were they to do? Only way they could have dealt with that carry on was to go heavy handed with shields etc either forcing them back up the stand towards the exits effectively crushing them or coming out the exits forcing on the pitch which would have lead to chaos, even at that it would have been difficult to coordinate. Think the tactic had been to keep them as contained as possible and try and limit the damage to what had already been done.

I don't know about that, but if you can drum up the enthusiasm to look at the green brigade thread on talkceltic.net you will see that they are all saying the area was too crowded with far too many people for the number of seats. You are probably correct in saying that the ones allocated those seats were in the area, but if what they are saying on their own forums is accurate then a shit load more of them decided to go in those sections as well.

If this was true (probably is) Motherwell should be fined too. Probably why they have decided to deal with it privately with Celtic

Celtic the club and the fans have a long history of denying everything. Its becoming boring!!

Police also have a llong history of refusing to police Old Firm fans the same way we all get treated. One openly admitted to us once that no way was he going in that South Stand when it was full of them.

I have no problem with that if they then treat everyone else equally lightly but they don't as well know. Hamilton being the exception I have to say, some of the younger lot took the piss that day cos the police and stewards were laying off them more than usual.

If this was true (probably is) Motherwell should be fined too. Probably why they have decided to deal with it privately with Celtic

:doh: Shut up you twonk.

Motherwell should be fined? For what? Selling match briefs to urchins who don't keep to the terms and conditions clearly marked on the tickets?

As for your last observation... :dash2: Most clubs deal with situations like this in private, Hamilton bucked that trend with spurious claim to the media last week.

• Like 1

Celtic Football Club statement

By: Newsroom Staff on 09 Dec,2013 15:00

FOLLOWING events on Friday evening at Fir Park Stadium, Celtic Football Club today announced that it hasissued precautionary suspensions against 128 individuals preventing them attending matches involving Celtic, pending further investigation. These suspensions will cover matches at Celtic Park and away matches.

In addition, the Club will be relocating around 250 season book holders in Section 111 to other areas within the stadium, or offering refunds covering the remainder of the season to those who do not wish to be relocated.

Events such as those on Friday night do not represent the Celtic support or the Club. These events were an embarrassment to our great football club and are absolutely indefensible.

It is clear that there is an element which has no hesitation in bringing Celtic’s name into disrepute. This is something the Club will not tolerate and we therefore have no other option but to take this action. We will not allow the great name of Celtic to be damaged in this way any more - our supporters deserve more than this.

While recent events are very regrettable, we would like to thank our many thousands of fans for the wonderful, positive backing which they continue to give to Celtic. We are sure these supporters will understand the position which the Club is in and we are also sure they will unite with the Club as we move forward.

Celtic Football Club is in excellent shape on and off the field. The Club is in a very safe and strong position and we have a young, exciting team working hard to deliver quality football and success for our supporters, as they did on Friday evening with a magnificent performance. This is what we want to be talking about and this is what we want to celebrate.

Celtic has a proud 125-year history and fundamental to that history have been our fans. Our supporters enjoy a wonderful reputation earned across many years,many families and many generations. This is something we must protect vigorously.

http://www.celticfc....story?item=5066

Hell fucking mend them!

Sorry....it's not fair play to them! This should have been done ages ago!

Yeah, they have done the right thing in banning all 128 fans - but as been mentioned, a lot of fans were moved and I have a friend who was not in "his seat" as it was occupied by Green Brigade. Will he be banned?

At the end of the day, Celtic should have shut down the GB section at Parkhead ages ago! But they bottled it and fuelled the GB to become more and more rebellious. Their antics have been ridiculous for years and years, yet it took the carnage on Friday for Celtic to finally act!

Love the mention of "great club" in that statement - but for me they have zero claim to that as the have been tarnished by a percentage of their fans this season thanks to the trouble this year.

As for the next game against Celtic at Fir Park, I'd be expecting a reaction from the police and stewards - searching every supporter that comes in and having a much larger presence in the stand similar to our love street treatment!

And I hope the SFA absolutely hammer them for this. But they won't...and give it a month before they overturn the ban on the 250 (aye right - much more than that) relocation at Celtic Park and the media forget about it.

• Like 1

Just out of interest, how much damage was actually done at NDP? There was that news snippet but absolutely nothing else?

*Brings out Seville calculator*

I counted at least 30 of the flimsy plastic seats broken in some form or another when I was leaving (we stayed until the end once everyone had cleared out), as did quite a few of my mates that were with me.

Fair play to celtic, 128 bans. Lets hope they uphold them.

Fair play fuck all. They said exactly the same thing after the 'Bloostained Poppies' incident and after their 'Fuck UEFA' banner, that they would ban ex amount, and the same group, led by the same people are still peddling their shite three years on. There was even some trumpet that they claimed they banned for waving an IRA flag who was openly boasting on twitter earlier this year about how he still attends Celtic park regularly.

Actions speak louder than words so as long as incidents like Friday night, Amsterdam, the Bobby Sands/William Wallace banner, Dens Park, Tynecastle and so on keep happening then all this latest 'vow to ban' is is nothing more lip service.

• Like 5

So if Celtic know who the culprits are, will criminal charges be brought against those guilty?

Give them a chance mate ffs! I mean they're still trying to find out who threw a missile at Fernando Ricksen in an Old Firm game nine years ago so you can't expect instant results with this one.

MJC you sure have a hard-on for Celtic. Its like watching Diggle with Rangers.

Look mate I don't and never have denied that I dislike Celtic and do so far more than I do Rangers. I find their support and the attitudes of their club utterly objectionable. They portray themselves as being holier than thou, pious and believe that they are untouchable. Yet at the same time display behaviour like they did on Friday night, and on many other occasions. And then to make matters worse they justify it by claiming that they are some sort of oppressed, down trodden victims and freedom fighters. That sort of hypocrisy turns my stomach.

So yes, I immensely dislike them and what happened on Friday night coupled with the attitude I described above completely justified that in my view. And yes, had this been Rangers/The Rangers or anyone else then I would not have such strong a feeling about it. I cannot stand hypocritical shit stirrers who get free reign to do what they like by the authorities yet still have the brass neck to claim that they are victims.

• Like 7