Ross County V Motherwell 14/12/13

Yabba's Turd

Went on the County forum earlier and they are basically saying the same as us, playing shite at the moment not happy with the summer signings expecting a hard game but see us as a good opportunity to bounce back after a poor run of form. I think some County fans have been calling for Derek Adams to go as well. At least we're not the only disgruntled fans in the SPL right now.

Went on the County forum earlier and they are basically saying the same as us, playing shite at the moment not happy with the summer signings expecting a hard game but see us as a good opportunity to bounce back after a poor run of form. I think some County fans have been calling for Derek Adams to go as well. At least we're not the only disgruntled fans in the SPL right now.

That can't be true surely? I mean according to some folk on here we have the most fickle, ungrateful and rash fans in the game. It's only Motherwell fans who would be annoyed at recent poor form, poor summer signings and want a change of manager is it not? Doesn't their forum have members on hand to remind them of the bad old days and how they have no right to criticise given where they were say, ten years ago???

• Like 1

Bit harsh to say the strikers have a point to prove. We could have Van Persie up front but if we have no one in midfield creating chances for him then he's not gonna score. Compared to Van Persie our strikers are pish poor so what chance have they got of scoring if we have no one supplying them with quality balls. The problem the team has is in the middle of the park we have no creativity, we are as slow as treacle and if we don't pass it sideways or backwards we inevitibly lose it. How many times have we lost a goal from a breakaway from one of our attacks but when we are trying to breakaway the opposition has time to have a cup of tea, a quick shag and still get back in time to defend our breakaway.

• Like 1

We might need to save the youth keeper for a big game in their league.

Joking apart, if we lose 1-0 today and the youth keeper is at fault for the goal it could break him if he isn't ready for it. I don't know anything about Ross Stewart other than his name and if he is ready I'm all for playing him, but goalkeeper is the one position I wouldn't throw him in if he isn't because he could get pilloried. Which I am sure will be why there is an emergency loan rule in place for goalkeepers.

If the Dundee reserve keeper plays, surely it only shows that McCall wants a result and wants the best possible player in each position and feels he's better than Stewart?

Whether I'd do the same is another question. I've already stated in other threads that I'd write off this season and play youngsters. But it's easier for me to say results don't matter than it is for McCall. My job isn't to get wins for Motherwell...

The only time i've seen our youth keeper was in the pre-game warm up a few weeks back. Players were doing the take a touch and shoot from the edge of the box drill.

Sadly, the majority of them seemed to be scoring for fun.

Obviously it wasnt a match situation, but that drill didnt fill me with confidence in the young keeper.

Maybe mccall is correct to get a replacement in. I would say however being number 2 at dundee means hes not going to be the ruddy/randolph replacement

That can't be true surely? I mean according to some folk on here we have the most fickle, ungrateful and rash fans in the game. It's only Motherwell fans who would be annoyed at recent poor form, poor summer signings and want a change of manager is it not? Doesn't their forum have members on hand to remind them of the bad old days and how they have no right to criticise given where they were say, ten years ago???

Some of us are old enough to remember the Division 1 days....

No harm to either player but why are Ainsworth and Anier playing? Twardzik, I have less of an issue with. As Tweed said earlier, goalkeeper is a tricky position to blood a youngster. But I'd imagine both of the outfield loanees would be on their way in January. I'd rather see us play Moore and a U20s winger play. Can't contribute any less than the other two have in recent games...

absolute pish. Ross Stewart may be untried but so is Twardzik! This guy is the reserve keeper of a team in the league below us and has never played a minute for them or Aberdeen before them or the Italian amateur team he played for before Aberdeen signed him. What the fuck do our youngsters have to do to get a fair crack? The only way Ross Stewart is ever going to develop is to give him some game time and see how he copes. The guy has played regularly for our u-20s and is involved with Scotland at youth levels so there must be something about him!

Same with Moore,comes in and is the single bright spark in our team when were crying out for anything resembling flair and then dumped back on the bench as quick as he is brought in. Honestly If I was a youth player id get the fuck away from Motherwell as long as McCall is boss, in nearly 3 years as weve brought through 1 player in Carswell and even that has been a lot down to us having very little else in the squad