Motherwell V St Mirren 21/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

My wife is due a new bairn in 8 days. It'll be 4 days by the time this game comes. But I'm going. 2 - 1 to us I reckon. We sometimes struggle against St. Mirren at the Ark.

Mind Faddy struck that cracking free kick at the end of the match last season to make it 2-2

I feel it in my foreskin, 2-1 Motherwell.

not sure if its one of those co-incidences :whistling:

but this Saturday will be 8 months and 15 days since Faddy saved us from defeat after going 1-2 down from Higdons opener.

I'm hopeful that we can repeat the goal scoring with Sutton and maybe Vigurs opening his account, lets hope St Mirren don't find any form against top six, they have been on a tremendous recovery run after looking like whipping dogs, but mainly picking up points against lower half of the league.

I'll go 2-1 to the good guys

if its not a co-incidence, good news,Hav a beer, baby will still be a week or so away B-)

• Like 1

Its another game thats hard to predict. If we put aside the fact our recent record against them is not great if we play near our best we'll win cause lets be honest St Mirren are shite !! That being said if we don't show up then they could leave with at least a point. We have been on a poor run of form but grinding out that win at Dingwall shows that we have some fight left in us. I actually really fancy us for this game 3-0 Motherwell (Sutton, McManus, Vigurs) Come on ye Well.

Expect this to be a typical battle. Not seen much of St Mirren this season but they appear to have picked up a wee bit although the loss of McGowan must have an impact.

Hopefully squeeze out a 2-1 win with Faddy to finally have an impact. Interested to see how Kello plays for them, decent bit of business from Lennon given our inability to replace Randolph.

although they have been on a good run, they will come to FP and park the bus

they will be happy with a point and its up to us to break them down

we wont do it tho, and like many other games this season we may get caught on the break

obviously hope i am wrong - but that is how i see St Mirren playing, much like Accies did when they were in the SPL - bring teams down to their level and make it a dog fight

Under Gus McPherson I'd certainly agree with you, not so under Danny Lennon however to the point that they are sometimes overhyped for supposed free-flowing, easy on the eye style of play, Chic Young would have you believe they produce.

Still a tricky one to call all the same.

Oh and I hope, if any of their stewards happen to be St Mirren fans and are coming to Fir Park, a pigeon shits on their tammy.

• Like 1

St. Mirren are in decent form over the past couple of months and apparently are playing some good football. They have only lost twice in nine matches and have kept a few clean sheets recently since the introduction of Kello in goals, a good signing I think. Having Darren McGregor come back will have helped in that regard as well, I thought he was a decent player before his injury problems. Scoring is perhaps still their big issue, they haven't scored in their last 3 league matches but when they do score they tend to score more than one.

They've won away to Hearts and Partick Thistle and lost away to Dundee Utd and Aberdeen so perhaps since we seem to be in the middle in terms of ability this one will end in a draw.

We've failed to get two results in a row since September so maybe a draw wouldn't be that bad.

Under Stuart McCall we've failed to beat St Mirren at home, so that fact added to everything that's happened more recently points towards a share of the points on Saturday. However, their good run can't go on forever, and we're hopefully due a good spell, so 2–1 to us.