Motherwell V St Mirren 21/12/13

SteelmaninOZ

I think after watching the 2nd half of our game at County Lennon will fancy his chances, i think he might ditch the sit in and counter attack approach and just have a go at us. Wouldn't be surprised if McCall is working on counter attack drills most of this week. If that is the case i'd expect to see ZFA and/or Ainsworth getting a start.

Thankfully, work means I cant even so much as keep track off this game so hopefully this works in our favour... Worked last week up in Dingwall anyway!

2-1/0 depending on who the goalie is. Think Twardzic (?) is a decent keeper but I think Ross Stewart Showed glimpses against Ross County Last season of being a good one too! We've got Three players back from injury this weekend too so hopefully that works in our favour also. Although, they are Kerr, McHugh and ZFA.....

For as long as I can remember St Mirren have been supposedly murder and certainly finished low in the league, yet have always taken points at Fir Park, even against really good Motherwell teams and I can see Saturday being no different.

When was the last time we best them at Fir Park incidentally? When Bob Malcolm scored with his baws?!

I remember that one as well!

I must just have a mental block when it initially comes to remembering victories v St Mirren at Fir Park!

Selective memory - we all suffer from it! That's how stories like "We always lose to teams with a new manager" and "Any team on a losing streak always breaks it against us" become 'fact'.

One of the one's that I fell victim to is that Wille McVie was sent off for handball in our famous 5-4 victory against Kilmarnock (coming back from 2-0 and 3-2 down). I was at the game and swear it was true. However, it turns out McVie was booked for handball and sent off later for a 2nd bookable tackle.

What is they say? "When legend becomes fact, print the legend"!

One of the one's that I fell victim to is that Wille McVie was sent off for handball in our famous 5-4 victory against Kilmarnock (coming back from 2-0 and 3-2 down). I was at the game and swear it was true. However, it turns out McVie was booked for handball and sent off later for a 2nd bookable tackle.

I'm still convinced he got a second yellow for handball!

Hello from friendly St MIrren supporter. :notworthy:

Been reading over the posts on this thread with some interest.

Some fair and accurate posts, we have turned things around after a horrendous start, quite a rare thing without changing managers or recruiting some new players in key positions.

Also true most of our points have come against the teams in the bottom 6.

Before reading the posts on here I was off the opinion that we have a decent record against Motherwell, no matter how well you are doing, and we are capable of a draw, at least. :rolleyes:

Pity it's looking like the weather could have an influence, both sides have players who can play decent football and the conditions might not allow them to show what they can do.

Anyway, hope it's a good game and may the best team win. :cheers:

• Like 2

Motherwell: Twardzik, Hammell, Ramsden, Hutchinson, McManus, Sutton, Vigurs, Lasley, Carswell, Anier, Ainsworth

Subs: Stewart, McFadden, Lawson, Cummins, Francis-Angol, Kerr, Moore

Ojamaa at the game today, hopefully Anier has some extra determination to impress his mate & bags a hat-trick!