Aberdeen V Motherwell 26/12/13

something else

That is a very interesting league table. We are in a good run of form while the sheep seem to be stuttering a bit and it will be interesting to see how United react to a heavy defeat against one of the poorer sides in the league. If we can win at Firhill it will really put pressure on our rivals which might in turn make them buckle under the pressure of chasing us. Good times to be a Well fan again , i can't wait to go to Partick on sunday !

Got on a plane at 0-0 Radio saying it was tight in midfield no real chances and I thought oh well that will do.

Got home now to find we've done it Best xmas ever absolutely belting result.

Thanks to ALL who went up. Might be crap weather on journey back.

Heres to a happier new year

Yet again proving that supporting Motherwell is a marathon, not a sprint. Achievements on our budget / attendances over recent years have been incredible and surely deserve more positivity and belief in what are in hindsight and in the grand scheme of things minor difficult patches.

The guys who do the business for us deserve a wee bit more from some of the more negative element.

A marvellous result and league position for a bunch of duds, managed by a dud.

That was obviously a joke.

Anyone looking to locate the duds should read some of the threads in 'club chat'

Outstanding result and a very good away performance. Goalkeeper was excellent. Interesting that Aberdeen put every set play right on him and he coped fine with that. St Mirren came closer to forcing an error out of him by trying to lure him off the line. The two centre halfs (Ramsden and Hutchinson) were outstanding. The two full backs (Kerr and Hammell) did most of what was asked of them but did give away more fouls than would be ideal.

In the midfield Lawson had by far his best game for us and Carswell was back at his best. Lasley started well but he tired towards the end. Ainsworth, Sutton and Anier were all fine on the counter too. Sutton should have scored in the first half.

Angol did excellently when he came on though I thought Moore was disappointing, didn't really impose himself on the game and frequently gave the ball away,

The referee was a total bombscare. Hutchinson should have had a penalty in the first half and they looked like they should have had two in the second. Throw in some baffling foul decisions it wasn't a surprise it threatened to bubble over at times.

The goal had a fair bit of fortune in about how we won the ball but once we got it we were clinical.

For all they were trailing 0-1, Aberdeen never really screwed the nut in the 2nd half and although they had chances to square it we never were under really the cosh.

I think we went for a 0-0 and got lucky but we defended stoutly and deserved the bit of luck we got.

Journey home was not as long as it could have been!

• Like 1

What gets me this season is pundits, writers and general folk giving it the 'What's happened to Motherwell' like we are 1 point ahead of Hearts at the shady end of the league.

Sitting second now I bet we still hear about United, Aberdeen and Inver Fucking ness.

Well done everyone at the club for the last 3 results. 3 wins on the trot, two away from home and all with an 11 year old midget in nets.

Sitting second now I bet we still hear about United, Aberdeen and Inver Fucking ness.

That'll work in our favour though, let the media talk other teams up and put the pressure on them whilst we pick up points here and there seemingly unnoticed.

That'll work in our favour though, let the media talk other teams up and put the pressure on them whilst we pick up points here and there seemingly unnoticed.

Agreed. Listening to Radio Scorland I'm recent weeks, all the chat has been about the New Firm derby on New Year's Day. Both sets of fans brought back down to earth yesterday.

1388092060[/url]' post='402061']

That cunt mccall fuckin boooooo get him sacked, shite manager. Only secondin the league, fuckin scandal.......boo.

Onthe fringes..the floor is yours

Eh? blink.gif

Not quite getting you there? Well, apart from your creepy behaviour...

Far from happy clappy, also far from the pissy panted. Talk of getting McCall out was/is crass & I plead not guilty your honour.

Back on topic, a big up to the squad who were hurting and have shown progress in recent weeks in the face of varying degrees of criticism.

As I mentioned elsewhere, doft my Barbour cap to those who made the journey yesterday. Great feeling on the return from Ross County, I'd wager yesterday would be oh so sweeter.

• Like 1

What this result really highlights is the baffling response to McCall from a small minority of our fans.

Yes we have been poor in the cups, but that happens all the time in one of games.

But our league form under McCall has been astounding. He deserves so much more credit than he gets.

To be 2nd at Xmas after losing all our best players in the summer is some achievement.

• Like 1

Fantastic result yesterday......I'd have taken 0-0 before the start of the game but to come away with all 3 points is superb, as is going 2nd above the media favourites of Aberdeen and DundeeUnited (who are apparently the best team to play fitba since the Wembley Wizards).

This season has been dire to watch most of the time, but to lose the amount of players we did and to find ourselves sitting so high in the league at Xmas is a great achievement by all at the Club - to be 12 points ahead of St Johnstone in 6th place is the marker for me as I don't think that gap will be closed, so it's all about how high in the top6 we will end up.

Looking forward to our trip to Maryhilll even more now

What gets me this season is pundits, writers and general folk giving it the 'What's happened to Motherwell' like we are 1 point ahead of Hearts at the shady end of the league.

I see that as a compliment though. They obviously see us as being one of the key contenders and are therefore surprised when we were 5th and a massive 2 points away from 2nd.

Did not see that win coming! Excellent stuff, cant believe were sitting second and 2 points ahead of utd and aberdeen!

Will hold my hands up and say I was in the 'our seasons over' camp. 3 great wins has shut me up big time. Mon the well.

Wasnt at the game, credit to those who were. What was the well crowd?

to come away with all 3 points is superb, as is going 2nd above the media favourites of Aberdeen and DundeeUnited (who are apparently the best team to play fitba since the Wembley Wizards).

I have no problems whatsoever with not being media darlings this year, we've got enough to worry about in such a transitional season without adding any sort of extra pressure to the mix. And to be honest, I have no problem with whatever teams are playing the most entertaining football being lauded for it anyway, even if they are overdoing it a bit at times.