Partick Thistle V Motherwell 29/12/13

superwell87

Perhaps most poignantly, we've recorded a positive result on Phil's anniversary which is nice. Indeed, I think we're yet to lose on his anniversary match.

So that beats a losing streak at Firhill from 10 years ago?

You should put all these rules in a set of Top Trumps.

• Like 1

Feared the worst with an excellent away support and high expectation, and an early goal for them. But have seldom enjoyed an away game as much as that today. Tore them a new one whenever we went forward. Some excellent goals from some guys who were toiling a bit for form. Delighted to see Las, Faddy and Angol score especially

Faddy demonstrated exactly how he can be a class act, he looked the business today as did the whoel team, no failures - excellent stuff. A real threat going forward, hard working in midfield and solid in defence

Thanks to the manager, staff and all the players for that today. 5-1 to the good guys I'm off to get pished.

P.S.

Hats off to the Thistle fans joining in with the Phil O'Donnell tribute, they all seemed to get involved, a nice touch from them and I for one appreciated it.

Turning point in the game was Twardziks save at 1-0, goes to 2-0 and its game over but within 10 minutes or so were 1-2 and all is looking rosy!

Ainsworth coming onto a game and was great to see Faddy back. That header in the 2nd half wouldve bn special.

Watching on BBC Alba it was noticeable there seemed to be a fair amount of aggro wi the stewards and the young guys. What was the craic there?

Enjoyed the win especially because Thistle made a game of it (unlike the recent victory against St Mirren). Five great goals to enjoy particularly with McFadden amongst the scorers.

Only down side on such a superb day, the 2nd spot on a minus goal difference record has gone!

Congrats man!!

Cheers. I felt like a bit of a bastard checking out the score at half time, but it was worth seeing the 3-1 score line at that point.

12 clear of 6th, amazing. And to be fair to McCall there wa a few things in the line up that made me wonder, but the manager has done it again. Well done to the team and the staff. Be interesting to see how the goalkeeper situation pans out.

How did the ex Well lads do today? Forbes, Higginbotham & Lawless?

Lawless started well and was causing us problems but faded, Forbes struggled to make any sort of impact in the game and Higginbotham helped further cement my stance that he is a complete and utter sand dancer. Baffles me that folk were raging when we didn't try and sign him, he's really not that good. All flash and no substance. Ainsworth is a far more effective player for my money and continues to improve week on week.

After a dodgy first 10 mins or so we were brilliant. It was great to see us play with a swagger and play some cracking stuff at times. Not a failure among them but I thought Ramsden & Carswell were very good to stop Thistle's threat down the left. Lasley was outstanding and got himself a goal and assist. Twardzik impressed again, his goal saving tackle after his mistake was great entertainment, maybe not so much if we weren't 4 goals up right enough.

However special mention to Faddy. Dragged us back into the game with a lovely reverse through ball for the first and a fantastic classy finish for the vital third before half time. I think everyone was clearly delighted for him and 2nd half he was back to the Faddy we all know and love. Could easily have a had a hat-trick of his own, seemed to have a real spring in his step and it was great to see the old confidence and swagger come back.

Thoroughly entertaining performance and without doubt our best of the season, well done to the team and to Stuart McCall. Bold selection today that looked like it was going to go tits up after 10 mins but he was fully justified in his selection. To go away from home and score 5 against anybody in the league is just brilliant. Great to see us back scoring goals and winning games in style.

Really, really enjoyed that today.

Fantastic performance and result.

Hopefully this will put to bed the "he is pish" "waste

of a wage" "mccall must go" nonsense.

On a side note, if anyone finds some false teeth in their hood/pocket/handbag, please pm me. I knocked them out of the owners mouth at the first goal!

If that's what you do when we score, god help any old dears near you when we lose one...

evilgrin.gif

Lol!

Went to grab my mate in a big bear hug and my other mate came into do the same and copped it right in the coupon!

Good job he wasnt in Paris the night Faddy scored!

#findtheteeth

Fantastic performance and result.

Hopefully this will put to bed the "he is pish" "waste

of a wage" "mccall must go" nonsense.

I hope so, because it had me agreeing with Billy Dodds on Sportscene the other night. Not something I want to repeat - made me feel dirty.