Hearts V Motherwell 11/1/14

postiejim

at those prices it's difficult choice for most everyone who goes along normally, or those that it happens to suit this weekend.

Its too much for any domestic game, £20 is too much, but even our own club robs fans for more

The reason I'll pay it this weekend , is simple, when we were listening for the death knell, we needed every penny for survival, not all, but a good amount of visiting fans continued to show up and pay money towards that survival whilst seeing their team, Hearts supported in decent numbers , and a few workmates came through from Livvy to see them after some persuasion.

its a token gesture on my part, but I've been able to put some gate money into all the clubs in administration, whose own fans put money through Fir Parks gates.

At least Hearts are trying to recover in a fairly legitimate manner, steered by a man we all owe a certain amount of gratitude to.

If I see him , I'll be telling him he's scaring away visiting fans.

• Like 4

I'm sure he knows he is scaring off visiting fans.

I guess that is more than made up for by the home fans willing to keep putting money in the clubs coffers. I imagine if he reduced the price by a fiver, because he'd have to equal that for (at least some of) the home fans, the overall effect would be less money through the gate every week.

you're correct weeyin, and its clear that's why the prices remain at such a high rate, Jackson is probably well aware he's also got to set them up going forward with much lower income, harsh to say it, but he is effectively wringing the last premiership pennies from anyone willing, mainly their core support , but us as well.

Not the first time he's had to do it, city punters always been willing to pay more than our core for whatever reason that is?

Historical occasion as it could turn out to be, I'd still dig him for it being too much, But I'd accept any response...once...

This one is a no brainer for me as the cost of getting there + the ticket is not worth it. I went to the Thistle game as for me it was quicker to get to than Fir Park. Hopefully I will have another opportunity to go to Tynecastle next season if we meet them in the cup. It’s a shame as I believe we could potentially give these kids a serious hammering on Saturday.

As poor as they have been, only Celtic have really hammered them at Tynecastle. Killie gave them a minor beating, but Aberdeen lost, Dundee Utd. drew 0 - 0 and ICT only won 2 - 0.

I think we can beat them, but I expect a park-the-bus effort from Hearts that will make it hard work.

If there going to play park the bus we need our technical break the bus down players to be on top form

The vigers the ainsworths the faddys

These are the players who I think can take a few defenders out the game with a good pass or a direct run, wee piece of skill would like to see faddy and anier start up front play into feat and break them down. Think Sutton up top and firing balls into him will make it easier for defenders when sitting deep parking the bus to defend against

It can work either way because Kris Boyd absolutely bossed the Hearts neckline with his physicality the other week and could have had two hat-tricks on a different day. Any tactic we deploy should be enough.

Having said that, Danny Wilson and Jamie Hamill are back for them and, while they aren't the type of names that individually strike fear into your heart, they have a bit of experience and will help hold the young boys together.

I still expect us to win, but my hope is that we get in front early because if it's 0-0 going into the second half, their kids' confidence will grow and anything could happen.

• Like 1

Heard someone saying somewhere that Partick Thistle put in their worst performance of the season and still won 2-0.

Hearts have picked up 1 point at home since August so you'd expect us to win this one.

I would especially enjoy a Sutton hat trick in this one but any kind of win will do.

I remember thinking along those lines when buying my Ibrox League Cup ticket.....

Having said that, I will be shelling out again this time!

It's funny, reading this thread and all the (over) confidence about how we're going to get a comfortable win and stick it to Hearts reminds me completely of the build up to Ibrox in September 2012. And we all know how that turned out...I fear a similar outcome here.

Pretty sure that a win on Saturday would be the first time we will have won six top flight league games in a row since 1937. That run ended with an 8-0 drubbing of Celtic.....

• Like 1