Hearts V Motherwell 11/1/14

postiejim

The negativity of some folk on here is amazing. If we dare show a bit of confidence in our side against a clearly weaker opponent they throw Albion Rovers in your face. Yes the Albion result was the worst in the clubs history and will always be a painful memory but the team has moved on and we are now in a fight for Europe AGAIN !!! We are on a great run right now playing some nice stuff Faddy seems to be back we've got a good defence and Lasley is playing like he is a 21 year old in the engine room running the show week in and week out so show some fucking positivity for fuck sake ! We may not win by the 4,5 or 6 goals but to predict a Hearts win is ridiculous.

• Like 1

There's absolutely not a prayer that we'll win by a large scoreline tomorrow. They tend to sit in and that doesn't suit us as we don't have the flair and pace to break sides like that down. They've also got Wilson and Hamill back for them in defence so that should shore things up for them a bit.

If we were to win it'll be by a single goal, either 1-0 or 2-1 but like I said I strongly fancy Hearts tomorrow.

Flair and pace is how we came back against Partick, who admittedly were poor at the back. However we did the same to St Johnstone who played more like what we should expect at tynecastle tomorrow. To say we don't have flair and pace is incorrect.

Looking forward to a good day out whatever the result.

8-0 - Faddy with all 8 goals

Locke and Brown to have a fight on the touchline. Skacel comes down the tunnel with his full kit on trying to get a game to save his beloved hearts.

Finally as the final whistle blows - Romanov thunders through the pitch in his underground giant drilling machine he acquired during his Cold War submarine commander years. He pulls out some gold bullion and says he will save The Tarts - the Jambos lap it up and all is well again...

• Like 2

There is no guarantee of a performance far less of a result tomorrow but I am fairly certain that for sometime to come in any fixture where we are heavy favourites to win the words "Albion" and "Rovers" will be mentioned by the management to ensure there is no hint of complacency.

The Inverness postponement can go two ways we may lose a little of the fluency and edge we had developed in the proceeding fixtures or as is more likely the case, the rest will have done us the world of good.

In terms of form though we have the rather delicious problem of deciding which of our attacking threats, all of whom are in sparkling form, should get the nod. With Ainsworth on four in four, McFadden two in two, Sutton two in two, Vigurs and Anier chipping in and getting assists at the same time and even ZFA on the left scoring in his last start, we have an array of options that can cause Hearts problems.

As has been said by a couple of posters we need to go for a Mark McGhee style points in the bag by half three, brandy and cigars at half-time style first forty five minutes, to damp down any foothold in the game the Jambos will seek to gain.

Get that first goal and I think we should be ok.

Like most posters on this thread I think we'll win by a couple of Saturday but if we don't this place will go into meltdown with MJC gloating about he was right and we're all doomed. I appreciate football is 11 vs 11 and anything can happen but surely no reasonable person can look at league position / form / squad and come to the conclusion that they fancy Hearts to win!

On another note, I think I'll be giving this one a miss based on the £24 ticket price. Will decide tomorrow but £24 seems a bit on the steep side and since I can't stand Hearts it's definitely more cash than I'd like to give them in their time of need.

• Like 1

The negativity of some folk on here is amazing. If we dare show a bit of confidence in our side against a clearly weaker opponent they throw Albion Rovers in your face. Yes the Albion result was the worst in the clubs history and will always be a painful memory but the team has moved on and we are now in a fight for Europe AGAIN !!! We are on a great run right now playing some nice stuff Faddy seems to be back we've got a good defence and Lasley is playing like he is a 21 year old in the engine room running the show week in and week out so show some fucking positivity for fuck sake ! We may not win by the 4,5 or 6 goals but to predict a Hearts win is ridiculous.

My post wasn't meant to be negative but I always feel we are the team that breaks the mould one game that springs to mind is the 6-5 game v Aberdeen they hadn't scored or got a point that season and looked what happend, as I said I hope I'm wrong but just get the fear for games like this

1389357049[/url]' post='403361']

Flair and pace is how we came back against Partick, who admittedly were poor at the back. However we did the same to St Johnstone who played more like what we should expect at tynecastle tomorrow. To say we don't have flair and pace is incorrect.

Looking forward to a good day out whatever the result.

Both sides played a much more open game than Hearts tend to play. I anticipate they will be a lot harder for us to break down.

1389361644[/url]' post='403373']

Like most posters on this thread I think we'll win by a couple of Saturday but if we don't this place will go into meltdown with MJC gloating about he was right and we're all doomed. I appreciate football is 11 vs 11 and anything can happen but surely no reasonable person can look at league position / form / squad and come to the conclusion that they fancy Hearts to win!

On another note, I think I'll be giving this one a miss based on the £24 ticket price. Will decide tomorrow but £24 seems a bit on the steep side and since I can't stand Hearts it's definitely more cash than I'd like to give them in their time of need.

No I'll not be gloating if we get beat, I've never done that despite what some folk claim. I don't actually want us to get beat you know.rolleyes.gif

I fancy Hearts to win, nothing to do with league forum or league placings, but simply because like I say, this is the type of game that we lose ie. one that the support is desperate to win (me included) as we love a win at Tynecastle, the older 'Well fans especially, and also because it would give us a record breaking sixth win on the bounce. Tomorrow's game is winnable but I've supported Motherwell long enough to know that when we get confident a fuck up is never far away to bring us right back down to earth. Now, I might be right and I might be wrong, but I can assure you that I'll not be 'gloating' if I do end up being right.

Anyway, that's the last I'm going to say on the matter until after the game.

My post wasn't meant to be negative but I always feel we are the team that breaks the mould one game that springs to mind is the 6-5 game v Aberdeen they hadn't scored or got a point that season and looked what happend, as I said I hope I'm wrong but just get the fear for games like this

That's a classic case of Confirmation Bias.

We have a 100% record against teams in the bottom 6. That means every one of those teams who was on a bad run (which some of them were to be in the bottom 6), lost to us.

The reason the 6 - 5 Aberdeen game springs to mind is because it was, in its very nature, exceptional.

Of course, every team that is on a bad run eventually wins. And every team that is on a good run eventually loses. But if you actually look at the statistics, we don't really fare any better or worse in that regard than any other team.

You certainly don't finish 3rd and 2nd in the league by always losing to teams on a bad run.

• Like 3

On another note, I think I'll be giving this one a miss based on the £24 ticket price.

Same here, I will watch the full game on Alba at 5.30 with hopefully no knowledge of the score. drinks.gif

Not that I agree with the price range, but, non attendance due to what is a difference of £2/£4 on most other aways? :blink: Bit nonsensical that is it not? Even for those on tighter budgets, hardly likely to lead to banruptcy.

• Like 1

Not that I agree with the price range, but, non attendance due to what is a difference of £2/£4 on most other aways? :blink: Bit nonsensical that is it not? Even for those on tighter budgets, hardly likely to lead to banruptcy.

When I was younger and had more disposable income I attended all to the games home and away. A ticket + travel to an away game is now money that my family don't have. I don't know if you are married or have kids or even have a mortgage to pay but when that happens you need to make savings where ever you can. Football is so far down my list that I am lucky to still have my season ticket. Anyway that is the reason that I will be watching the delayed kick off on Alba.

No I'll not be gloating if we get beat, I've never done that despite what some folk claim. I don't actually want us to get beat you know.rolleyes.gif

I fancy Hearts to win, nothing to do with league forum or league placings, but simply because like I say, this is the type of game that we lose ie. one that the support is desperate to win (me included) as we love a win at Tynecastle, the older 'Well fans especially, and also because it would give us a record breaking sixth win on the bounce. Tomorrow's game is winnable but I've supported Motherwell long enough to know that when we get confident a fuck up is never far away to bring us right back down to earth. Now, I might be right and I might be wrong, but I can assure you that I'll not be 'gloating' if I do end up being right.

Anyway, that's the last I'm going to say on the matter until after the game.

Were thistle not supposed to beat us cos they hadnt won at home al season , and when motherwell play teams that need a win blah blah blah etc etc

1389370588[/url]' post='403385']

When I was younger and had more disposable income I attended all to the games home and away. A ticket + travel to an away game is now money that my family don't have. I don't know if you are married or have kids or even have a mortgage to pay but when that happens you need to make savings where ever you can. Football is so far down my list that I am lucky to still have my season ticket. Anyway that is the reason that I will be watching the delayed kick off on Alba.

Not the point I was making, I suspect you knew that.

Reference was made to £24 entry... Not ideal I know, but, I just found non attendance by some because of the price of a pint differing price from most other away fixtures a little silly. On the other hand, where does it stop? Some kind souls need to fight the good fight - shame the clubs don' t pay heed.

Got everything you mention and then some, not privileged, just choose football to be further up my list of priorities. Given current economic conditions, fully understand those who don't attend - I'd wager it has nothing to do with the slight increase.

£18 for a concession tomorrow is poor fare also.