Worst Xi To Grace The Claret & Amber

Goggles & Flippers

Based on Joewarksfanclub's Best Well team you've witnessed that's based on Off the Ball's Hamilton XI from today.

With the help of this list below, anyone want to add some choice duds to make up a woeful line-up you have witnessed?

List of Motherwell Players

I'm going to opt for Andy Roddie (it was a toss up between him and Derek Townsley) and John Davies (Billy's bro) as the first two into the team.

Based on Joewarksfanclub's Best Well team you've witnessed that's based on Off the Ball's Hamilton XI from today.

With the help of this list below, anyone want to add some choice duds to make up a woeful line-up you have witnessed?

List of Motherwell Players

I'm going to opt for Andy Roddie (it was a toss up between him and Derek Townsley) and John Davies (Billy's bro) as the first two into the team.

andy roddie was great away at mypa 47

only him and big ginger came back behind the curtain on the plane for a chat

saying that there was some very drunk guys on that plane :lol:

If memory serves Joe McLeod scored in the '91 Cup run so perhaps that should let him off....

Danny Murphy was it? One of three Oirish duds signed by Coco the Clown. Not sure of the other two - something Molloy was one of them? Can't remember now.

Absolutely ridiculous comment. We have two goalies worse than Woods on the books just now for a start!

That's your opinion, I disagree.

Apart from anything else the length of time Woods was here puts him above the current two for me. He was here for something like nine years, played second fiddle to something like five different keepers and made countless blunders during that time.

And I will never forgive him for THAT mistake against Rangers.

That's your opinion, I disagree.

Apart from anything else the length of time Woods was here puts him above the current two for me. He was here for something like nine years, played second fiddle to something like five different keepers and made countless blunders during that time.

And I will never forgive him for THAT mistake against Rangers.

People always remember the blunders, and I'm by no means saying he was brilliant, but he was loyal and a decent stopper. Saved a good few penalties aswell. To list him as even close to the worst ever is, as I said earlier, ridiculous.

People always remember the blunders, and I'm by no means saying he was brilliant, but he was loyal and a decent stopper. Saved a good few penalties aswell. To list him as even close to the worst ever is, as I said earlier, ridiculous.

And as I said, that's your opinion but I disagree.

Woods was a horrendous keeper!! We would have won the league in McLeish's first year if we managed to keep Big Seib from the year before!! However, Stevie Woods was Dino Zoff compared to John Gardiner from the 80s, A person with No arms would've done better than this guy!! Another player Jim McLean conned his wee brother into signing.....one of many!!

Eddie May was a guy I personally detested, a decent player at previous clubs who did not want to play for Motherwell and his performances showed this!! I'd have Andy Roddie any day before him as at least he gave 100% (albeit 100% shite) but i'll always forgive guys who worked hard although they didn't have it, it wasn't their fault they signed for us!!