Worst Xi To Grace The Claret & Amber

Goggles & Flippers

andy roddie was great away at mypa 47

Were you at the game ...............

Back to the team, maybe endemic of our support but this thread has already reached 26 posts while the best XI is still on 10, goes to show we like a good moan.

Based on the argument, lets go with Malpas as boss as he's proved he's considered an able No.2 as he keeps getting a gig and get Harri in as his Assistant.

K-------------Gardiner------------------

DF-------------Donnelly-----------------

MF--------J. Davies----------------------

WG------------------------------Roddie-

ST------Offiong---Casagolda--------

Fraser

Sneddon

Jonsson

Reach

Kinnaird

Cosgrove

Mair

Halliday

Murphy

Keegan

Molloy

Christie

May

McSkimming

Moutaouakil

Happy to put any of the above in the team, Eddie May has had two shouts as has Christie

Sasa Curcic, Said Chiba, Ange Oueifio, John Davies, Alex Burns, Bob McHugh, Karl Ready, Gerry Britton, Gary Bollan, Esteban Casagolda, Steve "swing on the bar" Woods (obviously), Derek Townsley (obviously), Bob Malcolm, Andy Dow, Eddie Forrest, Lee McCulloch (wank), Nicky Law (great player but major wank)... I could go on....

Not a great fan of worst 11's but given I started the opposing thread I suppose I should contribute. I will refrain from including any current players on the basis that they wont get any better by publicly slating them when they are still trying to do a job.

Its a difficult one as you would think really bad players shouldnt have played too many games, therefore the chances of having seen them play are lowered. Not sure I can list a full team so I will just put some names out there. Maybe G&F can pick the worst 11!

John Gardiner (never forgave him for the cup replay against Hearts)

Yassin Moutaoukil

Karl Ready

Simon Mensing

Andy Roddie

Gordon "Night" Mair (didnt get that nickname for nothing)

Omar Daley

Roy Essandoh

Esteban Casagolda

Calum Elliot

as a bit of mischief making, how about Phil O'Donnell for LB?

He only played one game there and it was his debut but Kenny McDowall roasted him that day. It was painful to watch and wee Tommy never played him there again. Must have been an invaluable lesson right enough given what happened thereafter.

At least 3 in there who do your post no credit.

Law for one, you trying to tell me if you got a phonecall from a headhunter and offered a job with 4x your salary you'd take it? He signed a two year deal, it was up to the club to punt him after 12-18 months, however we didn't and them's the breaks.

Lee McCulloch did no wrong when he was here however I suspect his inclusion in your list is because he signed for Rangers after Wigan? If so, get a grip!

Bob McHugh is far from being included, he's struggled to get any consistency in the team but has popped up with important goals (Aberdeen when he robbed their left back 40 yards out couple of years back)

• Like 1

Not a great fan of worst 11's but given I started the opposing thread I suppose I should contribute. I will refrain from including any current players on the basis that they wont get any better by publicly slating them when they are still trying to do a job.

Its a difficult one as you would think really bad players shouldnt have played too many games, therefore the chances of having seen them play are lowered. Not sure I can list a full team so I will just put some names out there. Maybe G&F can pick the worst 11!

John Gardiner (never forgave him for the cup replay against Hearts)

Yassin Moutaoukil

Karl Ready

Simon Mensing

Andy Roddie

Gordon "Night" Mair (didnt get that nickname for nothing)

Omar Daley

Roy Essandoh

Esteban Casagolda

Calum Elliot

as a bit of mischief making, how about Phil O'Donnell for LB?

He only played one game there and it was his debut but Kenny McDowall roasted him that day. It was painful to watch and wee Tommy never played him there again. Must have been an invaluable lesson right enough given what happened thereafter.

When there's a big enough list, I'll group them into defenders, midfielders and strikers and we could run a poll, two votes per section will give the definitive shitelist

Does Gow get a second?

See those two boys who were running round a pole yesterday at half time? Both of them looked more coordinated and dangerous in front of goal than Paul Keegan.

Keegan was only over in Scotland primarily for business reasons. He was coming to end of his career and in two minds as to whether to chuck it but at the back of his mind thought as an experienced but ageing pro he might pick up a gig in the bottom division or two to extend his career and buy his business a bit of time to kick-off. Couldn't believe his luck some daft SPL side came calling....

When there's a big enough list, I'll group them into defenders, midfielders and strikers and we could run a poll, two votes per section will give the definitive shitelist

Does Gow get a second?

Alan gow was an absolute embarrassment for us. His performance against accies on new year's day was probably the worst performance of any player I can remember. While I was slating Keegan above, he at least looked like he gave a fuck, it wasnt really his fault he wasn't good enough. Gow though...

Does Gow get a second?

Not from me.

I thought he was an intelligent footballer with the ability to pick a pass. Suffered from the fact than none of his teamates could read the pass and his languid style made him look lazy. A bit like Vigurs.

Some of the signings kampmann made were criminal.

Nysonnen was horrible as were a few others that escape my mind.

Surely value for money mcskimming has to be in there, we not pay over 400k for him?!

Mention of Alex burns? Didn't get much of a look in but was always worth a goal from the bench, not that bad at all

gow is probably the worst signing we've ever made. andy smith who came on loan from preston was dreadful as well.

i was on holiday when cosgrove got his 45 minutes in claret and amber in 2001. was he that bad?

kaven

ange

jonnson

forrest

bollan

smith

dow

j. davies

roddie

gow

elliot

• Like 1