Worst Xi To Grace The Claret & Amber

Goggles & Flippers

Might not have been the worst, though he was crap. But the biggest disappointment was Tony Thomas when he signed after his time at Tranmere, where he was superb.

Really looked forward to watching him once again but in claret and amber. However he was so fat and lazy that he rightly disappeared quite quickly.

Might not have been the worst, though he was crap. But the biggest disappointment was Tony Thomas when he signed after his time at Tranmere, where he was superb.

Really looked forward to watching him once again but in claret and amber. However he was so fat and lazy that he rightly disappeared quite quickly.

he was class the sunday night we scudded hearts in the cup.

what a performance from the full team that was.

One for the older posters

John Fallon

Chic McClelland

Alan Mackin

John Muir

Derek 'Ruby' Murray

Alex Spark

Davie Shanks

Pat Gardner

Sam Goodwin

Jim Gillespie

Mike Larnach

That team couldn't have beaten 'Casey's Drum' thumbup.gif

The only explanation for Ruby Murray's playing style is that he thought he could use Jedi Mind Tricks to make opponents give him the ball. I have never seen a defender stand so far off a man he was supposed to be marking.

The only change I'd make to that team is swap out Sam Goodwin for Paul Wilson, but it's a close call.

he was class the sunday night we scudded hearts in the cup.

what a performance from the full team that was.

One of my favourite ever games at Fir Park.

Absolute pandemonium at Ged Brannan's brilliant opener. I honestly thought we were going to win the cup that year.

Current two keepers are worse than Woods. Will always remember Kaven fondly for his clean sheet against Rangers.

Yeah, Kaven is a name that always comes up in these things but go back and watch the video. By no means the worse goalkeeper we've ever had.

Also Shaun McSkimming should be nowhere near a worst XI. A good player that McLeish over paid for, hardly McSkimmings fault.

Tony Thomas was a pretty good player when he was fit, which was admittedly not very often.

Andy Roddie tried hard but he was rotten. Over 50 appearances and couldn't score and would never have scored if we'd given him 500 appearances!

Kevin Christie played three games where he looked like he had a pathological fear of footballs, one game were he looked competent and then one game where he was tremendous on a continual loop throughout his Motherwell career.

Alan Sneddon and Eddie Forrest should be in the XI. Graeme Smith would probably be my goalkeeper. He's playing for Brechin, a bottom half Division 2 team, and that tells you everything about a goalkeeper who at 30 years old is in his prime.

Simon Mensing - I had high hopes for him but it just didn't happen.

Some of Kampmans signings were horrible too, ie. Mikko Kaven, Jan Michels, Rob Matthaei, Brian McClair(2nd spell obviously), Nyysonnen. There was also a guy called Holm Kraska though perhaps it's unfair to include him here seeing as he never even played a competitive game for us.

Frank Bernard was brutal and looked like a rapist.

Eddie May was bollocks and I still believe his transfer to be the worst in the history of world football.

I also thought Khaled Kemas was up there with the worst dross we've had.

I think a few posters are blurring the lines between someone being good/bad and likeable/unlikeable.

Eddie May was bollocks and I still believe his transfer to be the worst in the history of world football.

I always felt a bit sorry for Eddie May because everyone was against him from the start plus he was an decent attacking midfielder but McLeish seemed to think he was a right back for some reason known only to him.

Some of Kampmans signings were horrible too, ie. Mikko Kaven, Jan Michels, Rob Matthaei, Brian McClair(2nd spell obviously), Nyysonnen. There was also a guy called Holm Kraska though perhaps it's unfair to include him here seeing as he never even played a competitive game for us.

michels and matthaei were decent players.

they both fell out with davies. mattthaei gave an interview in holland where he said he wanted to punch fuck out of BD.

I always felt a bit sorry for Eddie May because everyone was against him from the start plus he was an decent attacking midfielder but McLeish seemed to think he was a right back for some reason known only to him.

All of that is true to be fair but he was fairly terrible regardless.

Frank Bernard was brutal and looked like a rapist.

He was!!!! Sort of......

List of Emmerdale Characters

Frank Bernard Hartbourne is the son of Pearl Ladderbanks. He appeared in 2004.

Frank Bernard - normally referred to by both names - arrives in Emmerdale having just been released from prison for raping one of Pearl's neighbours, having previously been accused by a colleague but the case was dropped due to a lack of evidence. Many villagers do not take kindly to having a rapist living amongst them, and some either shun or harass him.

I think our man was actually called Franck Bernhard but good enough for me. Ten years I've waited for that link!!! :blush:

michels and matthaei were decent players.

they both fell out with davies. mattthaei gave an interview in holland where he said he wanted to punch fuck out of BD.

That's as maybe but they were both hopeless for us.

If I had to pick a worst line up this would be it.

Woods

Moutouakil

Jonsson

Denham

Danny Murphy

Townsley

J. Davies

Martinez

Trevor Molloy

Stephen Halliday

Calum Elliot

Kevin Christie deserves a spot. There are plenty of guys mentioned who only had a couple of appearances, but the likes of Christie and Roddie somehow got a decent number of appearances despite their shiteness.

John Hendry was also awful, and I'd agree with ferrerre, he was found out after that amazing debut. The trick was to not be Hibs.

someone I haven't seen mentioned is Johni Lehtonen, midfielder. He started a game at tynecastle in the snow, and we got leathered and he was atrocious. Saying that, we've never been short of a CM to hate!

What was the script with Daniel Sengewald again? Absolute stormer against Celtic but struggling to recall his other appearances.

Meldrum, Dow, Christie, Forrest, May, John fucking Davies, Casagolda, Ange, McGlinchy and Graeme Miller would all be contenders for my team with Bobby Donnelly the captain. The Flask would be on the bench after seeing him getting sent off on a freezing night at Rugby Park.

Ross and Fagan would be in there too if it wasn't for their goals against Celtic.