Worst Xi To Grace The Claret & Amber

Goggles & Flippers

Meldrum done a job. was a fairly reliable no2. Wouldn't be near worst 11

He was our number one for a while was he not? I remember him having a long spell playing. There is a few videos on youtube where he is playing and it he is dreadful in all of them. The saint mirren game from the malpas season is a prime example.

Jim Gillespie was fucking brutal, as was John Reilly. Gregor Stevens, Alex Kennedy, Paul Shepstone, Neil Candlish, Robert Clark, Derek Weldon, Jason Dair and Alan Sneddon were all fucking rank

From a similar period to some of them, Jamie Doyle is the slowest central midfielder I can remember seeing play for us. Jamie Fairlie was also pretty rotten. We had some right haddies in the 80's as wee Tommy tried to gradually improve the team.

Who was the boy that came through at the same time as Fagan? Kevin McDonald was it? Used to get pelters.

Stevie Nicholas was another waste of money.

Kevin McDonald was one of those ones where you 'heard' he was a tremendous player in the reserves and then when he played in the first team he just didn't have it. There are players that when they step up and start playing in front of a crowd they just go into their shell and he was apparently one of those.

Stevie Nicholas was a good player that it just didn't work out for at Motherwell. He had injuries and there was a high turn over of different managers at that time which didn't help him. He was in the classic mold of the technically gifted player that struggles for consistency but he wasn't one of the worst ever. He scored a few goals for a start.

The only player I would 100% say should be included in this is Bob f*****g Malcolm... an absolute abomination of a footballer and by most (all?) accounts an absolute bellend aswell.

Aye, and there were multiple posters on here trying to convince me that he was going to be a great signing because of his great ball playing skills.

They were pretty quiet after his first few games.

Jim Gillespie was fucking brutal, as was John Reilly.

John Reilly scored 12 goals in 56 appearances. Not exactly Higgy-esque statistics and he could be as frustrating as hell, but just occasionally he'd score a belter and he was by no means the worst striker we've ever had -- looking at the same era, his strike rate was pretty much identical to Stevie Cowan's (11 in 51) and Andy Walker's (17 in 77), in fact.

So I've went through over 100 posts and compiled a list, some my be in the wrong position heading, some I need clarification on position, first names, etc. so any help appreciated. Just put a "D", "M" or a "F" beside the name. NB It took me ages

GOALKEEPERS:

Colin Meldrum

John Gardiner

Stevie Woods

Mikko Kaven

John Fallon

Cammy Duncan

DEFENDERS:

Karl Ready

AlanAndy Sneddon? (is this someone getting it wrong or are they two separate players?)

Jamie Doyle

Franz Resch

Sasa Curcic

Said Chiba

Ange Oueifio

Alex Burns

Gary Bollan

Yassin Moutouakil

Jonsson

Greg Denham

Danny Murphy

Bobby Donnelly

Gary Bollan

Eddie Forrest

MIDFIELDERS:

Chic McClelland

Alan Mackin

John Muir

Gordon "Night" Mair

Derek 'Ruby' Murray

Paul Keegan

Trevor Molloy

John Davies

Roberto Martinez

Trevor Molloy

Bob Malcom

Eddie May

Andy Dow

Alex Spark

Davie Shanks

Pat Gardner

Sam Goodwin

Alan Gow

FORWARDS:

Calum Elliot

Derek Townsley

Davide Ferrerre

Andy Roddie

John Hendrie

Omar Daly

Kevin Christie

Esteban Casagolda

Michael McGlinchy

Callum Elliot

Paul Keegan

Roy Essandoh

Richard Offiong

Stephen Halliday

CAN'T REMEMBER'S/BLANKED FROM MY MIND/BEFORE MY TIME

Neil Tarrant

Kevin McBride

Brian Kerr

Robert Maaskant

Tony Thomas

Angeand

Graeme Miller

Gunni Jonssen

Nysonnen

Davie Shanks

Jim Gillespie

John Reilly

Gregor Stevens

Alex Kennedy

Paul Shepstone

Neil Candlish

Derek Murray

Shaun Fagan

Tony Vaughan

Robert Clark

Derek Weldon

Kevin McDonald

Paul Wilson

Khaled Kemas

Jim Gillespie

Mike Larnach

Stevie Nicholas

Jamie Fairlie

Greg Millar

Jason Dair

Jamie Doyle

Joni Lehtonen

Elroy Kromheer

Mario Dorner

Abel Thermeus

Franck Bernhard

Graeme Smith

Jan Michels

Rob Matthaei

I remember seeing Alex Kennedy and Gerry McCabe both getting sent off for fighting, rolling around in the mud in front of me when I stood in the south enclosure. Many years later Alex Kennedy turned up again, on TV in the Junior Cup Final - he got sent off for a tremendous flying head butt!

My offical worst XI.

GK Graeme Smith - So dire he got dropped on multiple occasions for Colin Meldrum.

DF Alan Sneddon - Quality mouser, shit player. Came to us very much at the end of his career.

DF Karl Ready - A player I don't mind calling a complete scumbag and wage thief. Did I mention he was a scumbag?

DF Ange Oueifio - One of those occasions when a park level player somehow finds himself playing professional football.

DF Gary Bollan - He's fat, he's round, he's....just fat and round.

MF Andy Dow - One of those players I'm actually glad had their contracts ripped up when we went into administration.

MF Paul Keegan - As Lady Catherine Lamb almost said "Sad, bad and dangerous to watch."

MF Kevin McBride - His nickname should have been Kevin 'White Feather' McBride. Biggest shitebag I've ever seen. Could probably make him faint but bursting a crisp packet.

FW Andy Roddie - So bad he actually transcended abuse and became a sort of funny likable clown in a Motherwell shirt. Oh Andy! LOL Another miss from half a yard, whit ye like!

FW Khaled Kemas - They called him Hammerfoot after a terrific volleyed goal. Unfortunately before and after they mostly called him Shitefoot.

FW Trevor Molloy - The Malpas season in a nutshell. If that nutshell was a really crap Irish footballer with the word footballer in inverted commas.

Subs.

Colin Meldrum - So bad he kept letting Graeme Smith get back into the team to fuck things up.

Eddie Forrest - Airdrie bawbag and crime on the eyes.

Gunni Jonsson - Gave away a goal with a slack pass back, scored an OG, gave away a penalty and then got sent off in one match. His 2nd and last match.

Joni Lehtonen - Or as he should have been known Joni Who-let-him-on.

Mario Doerner - As far as most people are concerned the 2nd worst Austrian of all time.

• Like 3

My offical worst XI.

GK Graeme Smith - So dire he got dropped on multiple occasions for Colin Meldrum.

DF Alan Sneddon - Quality mouser, shit player. Came to us very much at the end of his career.

DF Karl Ready - A player I don't mind calling a complete scumbag and wage thief. Did I mention he was a scumbag?

DF Ange Oueifio - One of those occasions when a park level player somehow finds himself playing professional football.

DF Gary Bollan - He's fat, he's round, he's....just fat and round.

MF Andy Dow - One of those players I'm actually glad had their contracts ripped up when we went into administration.

MF Paul Keegan - As Lady Catherine Lamb almost said "Sad, bad and dangerous to watch."

MF Kevin McBride - His nickname should have been Kevin 'White Feather' McBride. Biggest shitebag I've ever seen. Could probably make him faint but bursting a crisp packet.

FW Andy Roddie - So bad he actually transcended abuse and became a sort of funny likable clown in a Motherwell shirt. Oh Andy! LOL Another miss from half a yard, whit ye like!

FW Khaled Kemas - They called him Hammerfoot after a terrific volleyed goal. Unfortunately before and after they mostly called him Shitefoot.

FW Trevor Molloy - The Malpas season in a nutshell. If that nutshell was a really crap Irish footballer with the word footballer in inverted commas.

Subs.

Colin Meldrum - So bad he kept letting Graeme Smith get back into the team to fuck things up.

Eddie Forrest - Airdrie bawbag and crime on the eyes.

Gunni Jonsson - Gave away a goal with a slack pass back, scored an OG, gave away a penalty and then got sent off in one match. His 2nd and last match.

Joni Lehtonen - Or as he should have been known Joni Who-let-him-on.

Mario Doerner - As far as most people are concerned the 2nd worst Austrian of all time.

That was an entertaining read.