Motherwell V Aberdeen 25/1/14

postiejim

-----------Neilson-----------

Kerr-----Hutch-----McManus----Hammell

----------Carswell----------

Ainsworth-----Lasley----Vigurs

---------McFadden---Sutton

Let the team play. We can cause them problems.

Apparently Inverness gave them a real thumping yesterday, much more than the scoreline would suggest.

They have been churning out wins recently a bit like we were earlier in the season but if we can score we've got a chance.

They rely heavily on not conceding and their last 6 matches have been decided by one goal, 5 times in their favour.

I'd expect it to be a tight match and to be honest I'd also be looking for a little bit of luck since one or two major decisions have gone against us in the two previous defeats.

aberdeen are being linked with adam rooney.

he would be a cracking signing and strengthen their weakest area, hopefully it falls through,

one great season in the 1st division, followed up with a good debut premier league debut season, but not fulfilling anywhere near the promise, thereafter

passed about English clubs for 3.5years and now only what six months into a two year deal, getting farmed out again?

and even then , more likely to choose a reunion with Butcher at Hibs would he not?

could he be another Irish lad that only Butcher can get the best out of?

:ph34r: hope Ive not cursed us

Fear Aberdeen will get the better of us but looking forward to it already. Few options for McCall to mull over this week in terms of shape and personnel. Having a competent keeper would be a huge boost.

Hopefully see a bigger crowd that normal.

Hopefully the numbers are around average, biggish games and big crowds are generally not conducive to a good performance/result for us

We beat them in the league only 24 days ago, and whilst it wasn't quite a smash n grab, we certainly carried a bit of luck and got away with the points by the smallest of margins.

Aberdeen were the more organised, well drilled and had more flair, we dug deep and united as a team that day, fighting for each other to hold onto a lead.

We've lost a key player, but since then some of our swagger has returned with others

I'm hoping for a draw or more, they are the strongest side we'll face, they might just have too much for us this year, but with what was shown at Pittodrie and since we can certainly give them a fight for placings

I actually think teams have shown Aberdeen too much respect this season. They had a good half hour in first game at fir park and we're very lucky to.win the cup tie.

If we set out the way we done in the last 2 home games we should win. A draw wouldn't be the worst result with with our game in hand.

I think the most important thing from this game is we do not lose. We're only one behind them and after next Saturday we have the nine weakest teams in the league left to the split plus a game in hand and they still have Celtic to deal with. We're both good teams if we play as we can but problem is that both Motherwell and Aberdeen's biggest strength is hitting on the counter and suits the away team better. Mitigating Flood could be the key as in the cup game he was absolutely immense at spraying the ball out after every attack broke down. Not been at the football since New Years Day since I was away last weekend and working yesterday so suffering withdrawal symptoms a bit. Hoping we can find the performance to turn them over.

On Aberdeen targeting the goalie, they made a complete mess of targeting Twardzik. His one weakness against St Mirren had been coming for balls on the six yard line so Aberdeen decided he was duff at crosses so put every corner right on him and he dealt with that no bother. So McInnes clearly saw a weakness and then didn't quite get the tactic right as Twardzik's issue was with tempters rather than ones right on him. Only thing is Neilson has so many weaknesses could be a sitting duck.