Motherwell V Aberdeen 25/1/14

postiejim

I wouldn't say that was a comparable argument to be honest. I don't know anyone who has a preferred English team who invests any money or real time in them (ie isn't really a true supporter in the sense, just prefers them to certain other teams for whatever reason) and certainly none that are chosen with a geographical proximity to Scotland as a defining factor.

If you want to have a dig at Scottish Man Utd fans then I'm with you on that, but that's probably for another thread!!

The 'support your local team ' argument is a poor one to say the least. Like it or not some clubs have bigger fanbases than others for a variety of reasons, ie. Success, family/friend connection and yes, politics and religion in this part of the world. Its understandable that Motherwell fans dont like to see fans of other clubs who hail from our nrck of the woods, however there are plenty of Motherwell fans who live in Hamilton, Bellshill, Carluke etc, none of them are supporting their local teams who would surely be Accies, Bellshill Athletic and Wishaw Juniors so I'm afraid that argument falls flat on its face.

• Like 1

I thought Aberdeen looked a very strong, experienced side against us and they have strength in depth. They've had quite a few late goals recently which have made a real difference to their points and I can see why - their physical strength must allow them to keep going right to the end when other teams are tiring. We noticed a difference in strength and fitness when McGhee first arrived and McInnes seems to have made a similar impact - perhaps that says more about how both teams were previously coached.

The other thing that struck is that experience and depth doesn't come cheap. I know they've far greater income than we have but they must be pushing the boat out cash-wise for a club that was supposedly looking t bring down their debt.

I'm still not sure how Rooney didn't receive a second yellow for running all the way behind the goals after his goal. It's a crazy rule but I thought that was as clear a booking for leaving the park as you're likely to see.

Like I have said in other threads, it's a testament to our club that our rivals have had to push the boat out financially to try and match our success over the past few seasons.

We can't be the best of the rest every year, but the fact we are still well in the mix after such a big change in personnel is quite an achievement.

• Like 4

1391435118[/url]' post='405451']

I thought Aberdeen looked a very strong, experienced side against us and they have strength in depth. They've had quite a few late goals recently which have made a real difference to their points and I can see why - their physical strength must allow them to keep going right to the end when other teams are tiring. We noticed a difference in strength and fitness when McGhee first arrived and McInnes seems to have made a similar impact - perhaps that says more about how both teams were previously coached.

The other thing that struck is that experience and depth doesn't come cheap. I know they've far greater income than we have but they must be pushing the boat out cash-wise for a club that was supposedly looking t bring down their debt.

I'm still not sure how Rooney didn't receive a second yellow for running all the way behind the goals after his goal. It's a crazy rule but I thought that was as clear a booking for leaving the park as you're likely to see.

I don't think Rooney did anything that was out of place

1391510195[/url]' post='405517']

I did say it's a crazy rule but unless the rules have been changed for this season that would normally have attracted a yellow card.

He didn't really approach the crowd or get involved with them which is usually what brings the yellow card

He didn't really approach the crowd or get involved with them which is usually what brings the yellow card

The offence is "leaving the field without the refs permission" nothing to do with crowd etc. It was a booking and he should have been off McLean fucked up. Shit rule but as i have said until it is changed or scrapped it should be enforced.