Motherwell V Aberdeen 25/1/14

postiejim

I did this for the hearts game to. Hard going not being able to look at my phone for 2.5 hours though!

Not to bad here. I can watch a couple of EPL games and then sit down with my lunch to watch ours on Alba.

Also last few minutes against hearts not kbkwibg the score was torture.

Aye, no argument there. That's the downside - and you can't fast forward even though it's a recording!

Hope Reynolds doesn't get booed. Honestly can't fathom why he has been in recent encounters.

Because he's an ex player playing against us trying to beat us, that's reason enough for me. I've no ill feeling toward Reynolds on a personal note and I'd be surprised if there was a Well fan out there who did but when he's playing against us for a club that isn't well liked by our fans then its understandable that some may boo him. Phil O'Donnell got the same treatment when he played for Celtic and he was a '91 winner so if its good enough for him then it's good enough for anybody.

Always found it a little strange. It's like if one of your workmates leaves to join a another firm and when you meet him down the pub you start booing in his face.

That's a poor analogy. I'd very much doubt that if Mark Reynolds was to walk into the Electric Bar on any given match day he'd get Motherwell fans booing in his face. As I said, I really don't think that it's anything personal with Reynolds, but when he's on the park as an Aberdeen player then he's trying to hurt us, to do us damage so as an ex player then it's understandable. I'm sure that away from the game Reynolds wouldn't get any grief from our fans.

Always found it strange that people feel the need to boo and berate someone who served us and moved on, especially one who did so at the clubs request.

Over another 10 or so players in front of them in any given game that have never served us in any way shape or form

That's a poor analogy. I'd very much doubt that if Mark Reynolds was to walk into the Electric Bar on any given match day he'd get Motherwell fans booing in his face. As I said, I really don't think that it's anything personal with Reynolds, but when he's on the park as an Aberdeen player then he's trying to hurt us, to do us damage so as an ex player then it's understandable. I'm sure that away from the game Reynolds wouldn't get any grief from our fans.

So why not boo all the Aberdeen players?

Because they didn't all play for us. No football fan likes to see one of their ex-players, especially a popular one playing against them and especially doing so for a club they don't like.

"Especially a popular one"? So that means you are more likely to boo a popular ex-player than an unpopular ex-player?

I really don't think that it's anything personal with Reynolds, but when he's on the park as an Aberdeen player then he's trying to hurt us

I personally don’t boo ex players (I am far too old for that), however, I agree with MJC it’s nothing personal and I find it all a bit pantomime with swearing thrown in for good measure. If Reynolds scores the winner tomorrow he will celebrate as if he has just won the World Cup, given that, he is entitled to be booed every time he touches ball. Oh know he isn’t, oh yes he is. ph34r.gif

"Especially a popular one"? So that means you are more likely to boo a popular ex-player than an unpopular ex-player?

It depends on the circumstances, ie. how they left and the club they now play for.

Aberdeen aren't exactly popular with our fans given recent years events with McGhee, Brown and our Cup record against them so its understandable that some of our fans don't like to see Reynolds playing against us for them.

On the other side of the 'popular' debate then you can take Derek Townsley for example, who was never popular and upon joining His referred to us as a 'stepping stone', right away he was always going to be villified by Motherwell fans and he compounded this by running the entire length of the east stand when he scored against us in order to taunt us. Therefore he got far more abuse and 'booing' than Reynolds will ever get - unless he does a similar celebration perhaps - but the fact that Reynolds is an ex player playing against us for Aberdeen is always going to attract some booing.

• Like 1

It depends on the circumstances, ie. how they left and the club they now play for.

Aberdeen aren't exactly popular with our fans given recent years events with McGhee, Brown and our Cup record against them so its understandable that some of our fans don't like to see Reynolds playing against us for them.

On the other side of the 'popular' debate then you can take Derek Townsley for example, who was never popular and upon joining His referred to us as a 'stepping stone', right away he was always going to be villified by Motherwell fans and he compounded this by running the entire length of the east stand when he scored against us in order to taunt us. Therefore he got far more abuse and 'booing' than Reynolds will ever get - unless he does a similar celebration perhaps - but the fact that Reynolds is an ex player playing against us for Aberdeen is always going to attract some booing.

I don't remember Townsley saying that - Derek Adams did though.

Unless the rain turns Biblical I don't think there should be a problem. Last time we had a day of torrential rain after a week of three days where it rained the whole day. This last week has had some showery days and some dry days so the drainage should be able to cope with all but an incessant downpour and while it is raining just now it isn't that heavy. Of course this is just an educated guess but I'm not concerned. Given the distance Aberdeen are travelling I also would have thought if there was any risk noises would have been made by now.

I am gutted to be missing this one today but unfortunately work comes first. Considering our last 2 performances against them at Fir Park if you were to offer me a point right now i'd take it but i still have the fear about the game. Really hope McCall and lads prove me wrong so when i go for a few pints tonight its with a massive smile on my face and not to drown my sorrows. C'mon Well !!!

I was also told this but that the covers were down at the away end where we had the problems from ICT game not all over the pitch.

Fingers crossed

I'm currently ar mini steelkids with my son and there are indeed covers over the problematic areas of the pitch. Mainly the area in front of the East towards the South Stand end.

Absolutely chucking it down at the moment so fingers crossed...