Records And Achievements Under Mccall

CoF

So Saturday's defeat stopped us equaling the club record of 7 top flight wins in a row but there's still cause for celebration after achieving our longest top flight winning streak since 1937. It got me thinking about what records we have set (and other achievements) under Mccall. I've included player achievements as well.

League and cups

Scottish Cup Runner Up - 2011

SPL 3rd place - 2011/12

SPL Runner up - 2012/13

Records

Most top flight points in a season (post war) season 2011/2012

Most top flight points in a season (post war) season 2012/2013

Longest top flight win streak since 1937

Highest top flight win ratio (44% after 140 games) (is this correct?)

Manager of the year

Season 2012/13

Manager of the month

July 2011

August 2011

October 2011

April 2013

Mullet of the month

Winner by default

Players achievements under Mccall

SPL top scorer 2012/13 - Michael Higdon

SPL Player of the year 2012/13 - Michael Higdon

Player of the month

October 2011 Keith Lasley

September 2012 Michael Higdon

December 2012 Jamie Murphy

March 2013 Nicky Law

April 2013 Michael Higon

Young player of the month

April 2010 Jamie Murphy

January 2012 Henrik Ojamaa

April 2013 Shaun Hutchinson

It's way past my bed-time so some of that might not be entirely accurate so please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm also sure we set a few defensive records last season? Does anyone know Mccall's win ratio now?

• Like 2

The other missing info I would like to see is our participation in Europe since McCall came on board.

If nothing else, "Qualified for Europa League Champions League for first time ever" should certainly be on there. I'm not sure there's much else to write home about regarding McCall's European record, mind you...

I'd also guess that McCall has the worst European record of any of our managers.

Not really. Panathinaikos was a Champions League game which can't be compared to any other Motherwell manager as no other Motherwell manager has competed at that level. However his record in the Europa League, poor as it is, is really no worse than our other managers in recent years.

If you look at our recent UEFA Cup/Europa League exits it looks like this..

Motherwell 0 - 3 Nancy (Playoff Round) - McGhee

Motherwell 1 - 6 Steaua Bucharest.(3rd Round) - Gannon

Motherwell 1 - 3 Odense BK (Playoff Round) - Brown

Motherwell 0 - 3 Levante (Playoff Round) - McCall

Motherwell 0 - 3 Kuban Krasnodar (Playoff Round) - McCall

Has McCall really done any worse than the others?

Knocked out of the Scottish Cup twice in the same year by the same club.

And that's relevant how?

It's an SPL team we are talking about, it's hardly a disgrace to lose 2 games to a team at that level.

Also beat that same team twice in that year, including a 4-1 win....

Just my opinion

I think we have done better than those results show.

Nancy - Outclassed us

Steaua - we were looking really good until they got the away goal and then they pulled away

Odense - What a game that was. if only we had our shooting boots on.

Levante - I wasn't that impressed with them at Fir park, but we were even worse that night.

Kuban - we played ok but got caught again with everyone up the park.

Has McCall really done any worse than the others?

He's managed six games and conceded eleven goals without reply.

So yeah. He has.

I mean, I like McCall and I'm glad he's our manager, but first 6 months aside, we've been absolute wank in knockout competitions under him.

Ridiculous to slate McCalls European record. We've finished top of the pile outside the Old Firm in both his full seasons so we got put up against teams with players we had actually heard of so of course we were going to get pumped. I'd much rather that than sneaking in through fair play and getting to beat a couple of pub teams before the inevitable pumping.

Worst Euro performance I have ever seen was Nancy away. The fact that so many fans made the trip and had a great time seems to have papered over the cracks in that one, but it really was dreadful.

Good to see that, true to form though, the Achievements thread has already morphed into the criticism thread.

• Like 1

Not only have we achieved a level of consistency that is up there with the best teams of yesteryear but under SMC we have produced 2 teams that are pleasing on the eye, play exciting football and have formed the type of camaraderie and loyalty that other teams can only envy. Not looking at this with rose tinted specs but when he took the job, I said SMC could build himself a reputation second to none, and I think bar a couple of blips he's done that.The fact that we've actually got into Europe on a yearly basis, should be remembered before we have a pop at our early exits at the hands of better and far wealthier teams....

• Like 1

And that's relevant how?

It's an SPL team we are talking about, it's hardly a disgrace to lose 2 games to a team at that level.

Also beat that same team twice in that year, including a 4-1 win....

Its relevant because I think it is a quirky record that is unlikely to be matched.