Shaun Teale

Wallace_MFC

Interesting article in the sun today. In topic with some of the recent threads on here. I read John Davies name several times in the worst well starting 11.

We can assume from Shaun's quote in the Sun "he only got a gig because his brother was the manager!" that that's another vote for John Davies.

Still was a pleasant read that one of our former players whilst having no time for the Well hierarchy of that era looks back fondly on the supporters.

Was one of my favourite players at that time, I'm sure his penalty record was immense (bar the one he got to take twice at Tannadice)

Interesting article in the sun today. In topic with some of the recent threads on here. I read John Davies name several times in the worst well starting 11.

We can assume from Shaun's quote in the Sun "he only got a gig because his brother was the manager!" that that's another vote for John Davies.

Still was a pleasant read that one of our former players whilst having no time for the Well hierarchy of that era looks back fondly on the supporters.

Was one of my favourite players at that time, I'm sure his penalty record was immense (bar the one he got to take twice at Tannadice)

Halcyon days indeed, him and his good lady were regulars in The Dalziel Arms given the friendship with the landlord. Some fine post match evenings were had.

Knew his end was near given he told us "I've made my money, not looking for a big payday, but, Mr Boyle and the little fella (Nevin) reckon I'm a yard off the pace, funny that - they're replacing me with a younger Greg Strong on double the money I'm on and a yard slower than me!"

It's a funny old game right enough.

Absolutely loved Shaun Teale. Was phenomenal to see him to go up to challenge for a header! Definitely one of my centre halves in my all time 11. (although I am still currently undecided on so many other positions!)

I would blame his departure on us just missing out on Europe that year and losing to Ayr Utd (shudder) 4-3 in the cup that year also! If we had won that game we had a 2nd Division Partick Thistle in the quarters at Fir Park! I was sick for weeks.

It really was quite unprecendented for Boyle to come out and criticise Teale in that way. I can't remember a chairman of all people ever coming out and slating a player like that before or since.

Big Teale was a great player for us during his stint here. Obviously in the twighlight of his career but what he lacked in pace he more than made up for in commitment and attitude. He was ice cool from the penalty spot aswell, something which is rare for a centre half.

can't remember who we were playing but i do remember Shaun talking (well shouting) Kevin Christie through the game, telling him how to play the game. there was a bit where he just stopped playing and told him where to go so he could pass it to him.

A class player and a pleasure to watch him play the game.

I can't remember a chairman of all people ever coming out and slating a player like that before or since.

The Dundee United chairman wasn’t too complimentary about David Goodwillie in a recent pre match interview on the BBC.

"It's up to David where he goes from there.

"I don't think it was necessarily to do with the budget, it's much to do with what he's done since he came back, it's been a bit of a disappointment."

• 1 year later...

Was listening to an old interview on talksport and although the well weren't mentioned it got me thinking. Does anyone remember Shaun tackling Larsson at fir park and nearly putting him in the Main Stand? Henrik wasn't best pleased!