Best Nine Players

Frazzie

I thought I'd fire up a wee thread for the same reason as the other guys- fill a bit of time when there's a spell without games. Anyway, the jist of it is that I'm getting married in August and one of the small details I've managed to seize control of is the names of the tables. I have nine in total and obviously jumped to naming them after 'Well players (although I am open to other suggestions if anyone has any). At the moment I'm thinking that it should be players I've seen in the flesh so currently have:

Dijkstra

Arnott

McFadden

Nijholt

Kirk

Cooper

Coyne

Craigan

O'Donnell

Can anyone suggest any changes I should make to either the theme, the rules or the list?

I thought I'd fire up a wee thread for the same reason as the other guys- fill a bit of time when there's a spell without games. Anyway, the jist of it is that I'm getting married in August and one of the small details I've managed to seize control of is the names of the tables. I have nine in total and obviously jumped to naming them after 'Well players (although I am open to other suggestions if anyone has any). At the moment I'm thinking that it should be players I've seen in the flesh so currently have:

Dijkstra

Arnott

McFadden

Nijholt

Kirk

Cooper

Coyne

Craigan

O'Donnell

Can anyone suggest any changes I should make to either the theme, the rules or the list?

Philliben misses out again. Poor guy.

Why not have a McGregor table, granted not a Motherwell player but it will remind the little lady what'll happen if she steps out of line and gets a bit lippy.

Fraz should probably consider a Titus Bramble table then...

John Ruddy since he is the best goalkeeper in your lifetime?

I had this at my wedding and I went with:-

1. Maxwell

2. Nijholt

3. Wark

4. O'Neill

5. Craigan

6. Philliben

7. Arnott

8. O'Donnell

9. St John

10. McFadden

11. Cooper

12. Kirk

All players I've seen except St John who I put in as he was my fathers hero back in the day.

I put together a wee blurb at the back with some stats and some wordage - so I put Celtic and Sevco fans at the Arnott table just to poke it up them a bit.

The ball and chain wouldn;t let me name the top table though - upsetting.

ETA - I nearly had a table 13, which I was going to call the Kraska table and fill it with people I'd never seen or heard of.

• Like 1

How about variations of the word shite? I have the following so far.

1. Turd
  2. Poop
  3. Crap
  4. Jobby
  5. Poo
  6. Feces
  7. Excrement
  8. Dump
  9. Toaly (Possibly colloquial)

Think of the endless laughter when informed you're shitting, sorry sitting, at the Jobby table.

No? Okay, I'll get my coat.

Take off faeces and excrement - way too formal - replace them with keich and ploppy and you're on to a winner. Seat the Blackadder fans at the Ploppy Table....

• 2 weeks later...

How about variations of the word shite? I have the following so far.

1. Turd
  2. Poop
  3. Crap
  4. Jobby
  5. Poo
  6. Feces
  7. Excrement
  8. Dump
  9. Toaly (Possibly colloquial)

Think of the endless laughter when informed you're shitting, sorry sitting, at the Jobby table.

No? Okay, I'll get my coat.

Surely the 2nd table should just be table "number 2"?

• Like 1