Motherwell Vs Partick Thistle 15/02/14

shanemfc7

Half expecting to win this to be honest and that doesn't sit comfortably with me!

For me Anier needs to start with either Faddy OR Sutton. Faddy and Sutton together in my opinion doesn't offer enough pace and/or anyone running the channels.

Looking forward to getting back to Fir Park. Feels like its ages since we've had a game.

Felt we were a bit lucky to take the full points last time against Thistle at Fir Park.

They have only lost once in the last 6 league matches but most of them have been draws.

They have also brought in a few new players during the break (Prince Buaben, Chris Erskine, Lyle Taylor etc.) so it will probably be a fairly different team that lined up last time round.

I'd be disappointed to lose this one but our long lay off might be a problem as players are never as sharp after a couple of weeks off as they would have been if they had played games.

I'd take a scrappy win from this one to get us back into the swing of things.

Here's a disaster courting wee stat. No one has beaten us in the league outside Celtic in 4 months. Last defeat was 9th November to Dundee Utd.

Swings and roundabouts. If they play all their new signings, they won't be quite as fluent while they find their feet.

We may be a bit rusty too, but hopefully the bounce game and the enforced rest will have us a bit more fit.

If we can keep it tight early on, I think we can win this with a strong 2nd half performance as we come up to speed.

Anier and Faddy played well together at Firhill, so that partnership is worth considering for Saturday. If Vigurs is fit I'd bring him back in too.

Thistle seem to be better away from home but I still think we'll win. 2-0.

sutton is one of our players of the season and our top scorer, he has to play.

he was rested at thistle due to having 4 games in 10 days. now we've had 3 weeks rest we should be playing the best players available and hoepfully we will improve as the games get progressively harder as the month goes on.

Entrance price for all U16's home or visiting fans on Saturday has been dropped to £5

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2014/02/10/kids-tickets-reduced-to-just-5/

seems last minute, as a promotion, but fair to do it with Thistle who laid down similar terms before season kicked off for everyone

Guess the message is, if you know, even one kid or juvenile, who might be tempted more often let them know or bring them along

The big question for me is who plays at right back. Simon Ramsden seems to be a definite non starter and Fraser Kerr must be in the very doubtful category. Stuart Carswell is not a right back and the only option would appear to be moving Stevie Hammell there with ZFA taking over at left back.

looking forward to watching the well again

as for the result I'm just hoping for another 3 points

I just hope the players are as up for this game as I am

COME ON YE WELL!!!!!!

PS Well done to the club for making it £5 for kids :thumbup:

The big question for me is who plays at right back. Simon Ramsden seems to be a definite non starter and Fraser Kerr must be in the very doubtful category. Stuart Carswell is not a right back and the only option would appear to be moving Stevie Hammell there with ZFA taking over at left back.

Haven't seen much of him this season but why doesn't McCall give Murray a run at RB.

If I'm correct, although nominally a CB, he has played there a few times and not let himself down. Is he injured or just gone off the radar ?

• Like 1

Carswell done a job at right back at Firhill and I think we can get away with Vigurs playing in the middle against Thistle.

Repeat performance from December would go down a treat. With Taylor and Buaben though, they'll have a wee bit more about them.

i normally big Carsy up, however against Aberdeen, when Kerr went off - they hit that side of the park and Hayes slaughtered him every time (yes Hayes is one for the better players in this league - but Carsy just aint a RB)

dont like seeing Hammy playing RB, cutting inside that far back is inviting trouble in my opinion - especially if you have a team who play 5 across the middle and like to press

think it will be closer than some may think, but i'll take any sort of scrappy win to keep the pressue on the sheep and keep a gap between us and ICT (who will probabl y beat Hearts this weekend)

I expect a pretty groggy performance from us, seen we haven't been in action for a while. A win is a must if we want second place as I can't see st mirren taking anything against the dons.

They drew 1-1 the last time at Paisley earlier in the season.

Aberdeen might have a wee cup come down.

We don't do well after extended breaks especially when we were playing well before .But these are the type of matches we must win .Three points please

Pretty sure that every situation we find ourselves in there's always someone on here who says "we don't do well when..."

Apparently we struggle when we have too much of a break, when we have too many games at the one time, when we play teams we should beat, when we play teams needing a win, when we play big games against teams around us, when we have a poor crowd and when we have a big crowd.

It's amazing we pick up any points! :P

Personally, I think the break will work in our favour as there seemed to be a few injuries in the squad before it.

3-1 Motherwell

Anier (x2) and Sutton for us

Taylor for them

Pretty sure that every situation we find ourselves in there's always someone on here who says "we don't do well when..."

Apparently we struggle when we have too much of a break, when we have too many games at the one time, when we play teams we should beat, when we play teams needing a win, when we play big games against teams around us, when we have a poor crowd and when we have a big crowd.

It's amazing we pick up any points! :P

I was thinking the same thing when I read that.

Just need to add:

when we play teams that have a new manager

when we play teams on a losing streak

when we play teams on a winning streak

when we play teams that have guys we let go (because they always score against us)