Motherwell V Hearts 01/03/14

Yabba's Turd

Lawson & Vigurs were fantastic last season playing in a certain formation,McCall has no idea how to utilize them and thats why they have been relatively poor.

Anybody but Nielsen

Ramsden,Hutch,McManus,Hammell

Ainsworth,Carswell/Las,Lawson,Vigurs,ZFA/Faddy

Anier

Is how we should line up with the squad we have,but McCall always goes to the 4-4-2 which leaves no room for passengers ,injury or poor form

Anyway, to saturday. I can see us dropping points again, dont think we will lose but wouldnt surprise me. A win is a must,a fit team is a must and unfortunately I have zero faith in McCall delivering either

• Like 1

Hollis

Reid, Hutchinson, McManus, Hammell

Ainsworth, Lawson, Leitch, Vigurs

McFadden, Sutton

For me Lasley, Anier and Carswell need to be rested to let them recover from injury. Hopefully Lawson is good to go and this would be the perfect game to let Jack Leitch show what he can do. Lee Hollis to return as well.

Any win to get things back on track, 2-0 will do me fine.

i was quite impressed with hearts on saturday against celtic and they showed a lot of character against us in january.

i expect them to fancy their chances and be very physical.

i actually cant believe this........... :wallbash::doh: but i agree :doh:

If Hollis is fit, he simply must play.

I'm not as confident as I should be going into this game given the last two performances.

100% agree

Lawson & Vigurs were fantastic last season playing in a certain formation,McCall has no idea how to utilize them and thats why they have been relatively poor.

Is how we should line up with the squad we have,but McCall always goes to the 4-4-2 which leaves no room for passengers ,injury or poor form

Anyway, to saturday. I can see us dropping points again, dont think we will lose but wouldnt surprise me. A win is a must,a fit team is a must and unfortunately I have zero faith in McCall delivering either

and mccall doesnt ALWAYS go 442 - its not how we lined up against St J and were punished for it, he changed it at HT and we were far better after the change (although we were still mince - but that gives you an idea as to hwo bad we were 1st half)

Zero faith in McCall? - i think he deserves better than that, he's shown that we can play good football and we are 3rd in the league at this moment in time, finsihed 2nd last year, been best of the rest for a few years now, so i think that's pretty harsh

IMO - he will be away at the end of the season, he can't do any more with our team and the only way is down, he'll leave whilst the iron is hot

If we're going down that route then get big Marshall in goals aswell if Hollis isn't fit. I'd have far more faith in him than Nielsen!

I still have nightmares about Marshall and that cup final . when I saw Neilson at the start of the season i was

quite impressed don't know if its the coaching thats taken away his ability.

I still have nightmares about Marshall and that cup final . when I saw Neilson at the start of the season i was

quite impressed don't know if its the coaching thats taken away his ability.

Granted, I can't deny he had an absolute nightmare in the 2005 final but over the piece he was a solid and dependable goalkeeper for us and let's not forget he by all means played a major role in inspiring the team to go on and win the Semi against Hearts when we'd just hit rock bottom with their equaliser in normal time. Maybe McCall should have let him give the team talks before some of our recent cup matches...

i disagree about vigurs and lawson, ross county were a very ordinary team who utilised negative tactics and were able to take advantage of hearts, hibs, dundee united and aberdeen going into meltdown 12 months ago. ainsworth upping his efforts at the end of his loan period wasn't a surprise and neither has his regression been.

Vigurs was at the centre of everything during the spell when we were playing the best football of the campaign. As far as I'm concerned he has a future at Fir Park and we need to get more of the same out of him if we want to have a good end to the season. Two or three weeks ago when I last looked Vigurs had the most assists of any player in the league so if people can't see what he provides to the team they need to look a bit closer.

The Lawson signing hasn't worked out and Ainsworth is better going forward, has better delivery and is much more of a goal threat than Humphrey ever was while being much, much worse than Humphrey, and probably every other player in the league, on the defensive side of things. With Ainsworth you takes your chances as they say...

I'm expecting a close game today, probably a scrappy affair, but hopefully we'll have enough in the squad to get through it and take all three points. I don't think the recent form's down to anything other than the number of injuries we've got, and the players struggling on through those. This'll be a tough one today, but with United's win last night, we need to get back to winning ways.

I'd like to see Hollis starting today, if he's fit. I think Neilsen could do with a break as his confidence must be completely shot to pieces right now.