Hibernian V Motherwell 08/03/14

Yabba's Turd

Not always a guarantee of 3 points being better than the other team.

If we can play like we did on Saturday then I would be hopeful of 3 points. We need to keep winning as I can see United continuing on another long winning run.

Heading along to this one so let's hope Hibs are as poor as they were on Friday night.

Watched a bit of their game vs United on Friday night and they were absolutely ganting .

Hopefully our own wee blip is over and if we can replicate the spirit and performance from the Hearts game we can get over the line in this one .

Going for a 2-0 win .

Not always a guarantee of 3 points being better than the other team.

If we can play like we did on Saturday then I would be hopeful of 3 points. We need to keep winning as I can see United continuing on another long winning run.

Heading along to this one so let's hope Hibs are as poor as they were on Friday night.

With 6 games left I am not so sure since 4 of them are St Johnstone, Inverness, Aberdeen and Celtic plus St Mirren and Hearts However I would expect them to get at 9 to 12 points from that So we certainly need to keep picking up points

We only need 14 points from a possible 33 remaining to beat our club record for a third season in a row.

I have no idea how this game will turn out, but its an important statistic to hang on to when things arent going our way.

• Like 3

Our top six berth was confirmed weeks ago, guess its a sign of expectations that there is no running commentary on it, in here, any more.

I'm thinking Terry will have them battling again by next week, might not be pretty , but am hopeful that we can take something

Our top six berth was confirmed weeks ago, guess its a sign of expectations that there is no running commentary on it, in here, any more.

Which given the turnover in personnel, reduced budget and mini-injury crisis we have endured is an excellent achievement for me. We could easily have had a mid-table battle on our hands this season, but instead, here we are again well in the mix for a Euro spot.

You could argue it is a more impressive achievement than finishing 2nd with the squad we had last season.

• Like 3

I'm pretty pissed off they have moved this game from it's original date (which I could make) to this one (which I can't) although I appreciate it does make sense to play a game on a Saturday at 3pm.

Looking for a point from this to be honest.

Our top six berth was confirmed weeks ago, guess its a sign of expectations that

there is no running commentary on it, in here, any more.

It's still a major achievement in my eyes. Imagine the stress if we were Thistle, Killie, St Mirren or Ross County right now?!?!?!

Which given the turnover in personnel, reduced budget and mini-injury crisis we

have endured is an excellent achievement for me. We could easily have had a

mid-table battle on our hands this season, but instead, here we are again well

in the mix for a Euro spot.

I'd agree with that.

With 6 games left I am not so sure since 4 of them are St Johnstone, Inverness, Aberdeen and Celtic plus St Mirren and Hearts However I would expect them to get at 9 to 12 points from that So we certainly need to keep picking up points

They have St Mirren and St Johnstone at Tannadice in their next 2 games. The way they have been playing that is 6 points in the bag.. I agree they may drop points when they come to play Aberdeen and Celtic and on the face of it they have a more difficult run in b4 the split than we do. Celtic will have won the title before then and will probably play kids against them.

Would like to maintain the current gap as a minimum for after the split. Not discounting ICT I might add...

With 3 of the teams that could finish above us, plus rangers who are in eligible still being in the Scottish cup, Europe looks fairly likely at the moment. Can't see Dundee Utd and Inverness CT both catching us.

As long as anyone who does catch us wins the cup or loses the final to Rangers, 4th would do.

Hibs are pretty poor by all accounts. 3-1 win.

:)

I'm pretty sure whenever I've been to Easter Road that Motherwell have won. It's a bit of a strange coincidence, but we have enjoyed a good record there for a few years now. I'm home from Inverness this weekend and will be making the trip through thumbup.gif

I think our team will be fairly similar to last weeks. Hammell will hopefully be fit again (with ZFA picking up a knock it could be a necessity), and I'd imagine Carswell will be back in for Leitch, even though the young lad did well vs. Hearts.

Hollis

Reid Hutchinson McManus Hammell

Ainsworth Lasley Carswell Vigurs

Sutton McFadden

McCall has sprung a few surprises the last few weeks though, that 3-5-2 against St Johnstone was a disaster. Hopefully it's the above team, and hopefully Anier will be fit enough to make the bench.

Both teams are stronger than when we last met, more so us probably. I think it'll be a tough game, but I'd be slightly disappointed if we didn't win. Changed days! If Ainsworth, Faddy and Vigurs are in the mood, then we will create a load of chances...and that man Sutton will take at least one! Ainsworth's pace makes him a nightmare, and he has an end product. Vigurs left foot is a wand, he doesn't need pace to get to the by-line when he can put in pin-point crosses from deep. Faddy's link-up play is class and he will be a real handful for both the Hibees centre backs and holding midfielders.

3-1 Motherwell. Sutton with two and one from Faddy.

Hibs have conceded at least 1 goal in their last 8 matches.

At the very least we should score but Hibs have also scored a few goals since Butcher took over so I don't think we can say it's going to be a push over based on form.

Might be one of those ones where you stick it down as a 3 goals or more at the bookies.

Im guessing there will be similar stats for us though......

Just 6 matches since Dan was between the sticks keeping clean sheets galore!

That's kinda why I said we can't say it will be a push over even though Hibs have only won once in 7.

They only picked up 2 points against Kilmarnock, Dundee Utd and St. Mirren for instance but they scored 5 goals across those matches (1-2-2).

In their four wins since December they also scored at least twice. Need to be careful, I'd suggest.

Which given the turnover in personnel, reduced budget and mini-injury crisis we have endured is an excellent achievement for me. We could easily have had a mid-table battle on our hands this season, but instead, here we are again well in the mix for a Euro spot.

You could argue it is a more impressive achievement than finishing 2nd with the squad we had last season.

No argument here weeyin, I was still tracking it, like may others would've been also , securing top six is a significant achievement in it's own right, for all the reasons you mention.

I've found it interesting to watch the meltdown around the social media sites from our supporters who over the last month, whilst barely even acknowledging the achievement of securing top six.

Even the club no longer mention it as a goal achieved?

It's still a major achievement in my eyes. Imagine the stress if we were Thistle, Killie, St Mirren or Ross County right now?!?!?!

Too right it is an achievement, just how much will probably only be measured when the spend of all the teams for the campaign is revealed in a year.

Reading that the drum has been banned from Easter Road as it "makes too much noise"!

Too much noise at a football match?!?! Cannae have that eh?

Whispered conversation and polite applause only please.

Don't buy crisps as they make too much noise

A really terrible decision by Hibs, and absolutely baffling. The "fans" who complained because the big bad Motherwell fans make too much noise should be ashamed of themselves.

I'll still be going, as it's a rare "home" game for me, but I totally understand anyone who now chooses not to go because of this decision. Absolute madness.

• Like 1