Hibernian V Motherwell 08/03/14

Yabba's Turd

Their ground, their idiotic rules, their financial loss I suppose - but crazy to drive fans away on such a pathetic premise.

It really wouldn't take a lot for their supporters to make enough noise to compete with the drum, but I suppose getting involved must be too much effort for the delicate wee petals.

• Like 2

Breeds from the top - no wonder their team are so miserable and have underachieved for the last god knows how long.

Having said that, slightly pessimistic for this one. Hope to see leitch keep his place. Hopefully faddy and vigurs can continue their partnership from last week.

Would be good to see someone from the club or the players come out and say something about this. Scottish football is bad enough as it is without twats in charge complaining about noisefacepalm.gif

I completely share that view, the club really need to speak out on behalf of the fans here. In the times we live in when football is becoming more expensive and money is tight for everyone then clubs need to be encouraging fans to come to games and create atmosphere, not discouraging them.

Attendances are poor in the game up here and atmosphere is suffering as a result so for a drum to be banned because it makes too much noise is utterly ridiculous, especially when clubs are forever trying to entice fans back to games. The 'Well Bois do a superb job at Fir Park in creating atmosphere where without them the place would be a morgue and they lead the away support and encourage singing and vocal backing at away games, something which can only be good for the game itself, never mind Motherwell FC alone. To actively hamper them from doing so is surely counter productive to the attempt to sell football and encourage people to attend as what is football without the fans? Its nothing.

So, I really hope that the club takes a stand over this.

• Like 3

1394115494[/url]' post='407220']

Big group who were attending now mostly will not be. Not giving them my cash after such a ridiculous decision.

Admirable stance, but, not attending because of a 'ridiculous decision' made by Hibs is a little ridiculous in itself no? They are trying to silence the away support, this big group you speak of, can drive the team on in other ways... Act up, play up, take the piss even?

1394145594[/url]' post='407237']

Admirable stance, but, not attending because of a 'ridiculous decision' made by Hibs is a little ridiculous in itself no? They are trying to silence the away support, this big group you speak of, can drive the team on in other ways... Act up, play up, take the piss even?

And give them you're money ???

1394149836[/url]' post='407238']

And give them you're money ???

scratch_one-s_head.gifEh? 'you're money' nono.gif 'your money'

I know Bob Malcolm used to, but, does James McFadden play the drum? It's the team I go to see...

No hiding the fact, poor decision from Hibs with even poorer reasoning behind it. The drum adds to the experience, but, it's not the be all and end all for some. Just feel the Bois creativity can rise above this and do what they do best.

• Like 3

Go back a few years and the biggest worry you had at Easter Rd was getting across 'the bridge' in one piece.There seems to be an idea now that supporting Motherwell began the day someone brought a drum in.

The only thing that baffles me more than the banning of the drum, is anyone not going because of it huh.gif

We all know how much of a difference we make to the side, particularly at away games (and hibs have clearly spotted this as well), so If we can turn up and then swan off with 3 points then it makes it all the sweeter.

If banning the drum makes no difference to our crowd, we still turn up in our (relatively modest) numbers and dish out a humping, then they won't give two hoots about the drum in future. Whereas if the banning of the drum halves and silences our crowd, then it's basically proving they have done the right thing and will continue to do it.

Mental to even consider not going because of it. Sing louder!! SIWY

• Like 1

The only thing that baffles me more than the banning of the drum, is anyone not going because of it

I don't think it's a case of "if we're not getting our drum we're not going". I see this whole talk of a boycott as more of a stand against what such a ridiculous ban (and the reason given for it) represents in the attitudes of those in control of our game to the common football fan. We should pay our money, sit down, and shut up.

The lads in our support have made a concerted effort to bring more atmosphere and colour to Motherwell games, and have won the backing of our club through ongoing communication and negotiation. They have been widely praised for bringing a bit of passion back to Motherwell matches and this whole thing reeks of the same mentality as the over-zealous stewarding so prevalent in the game today: Noise + colour = trouble.

Assuming of course, that the reason given for the ban is accurate, and it's not a stunt to try and silence our support blum3.gif

• Like 1

Go back a few years and the biggest worry you had at Easter Rd was getting across 'the bridge' in one piece.There seems to be an idea now that supporting Motherwell began the day someone brought a drum in.

Aye, who could ever forget the "Easter Road Pass"?

PR stunt in my eyes

few folk have touched on it already........it's like scoring an early goal, you want to silence the opposing fans, they want to silence us - they see us as a 12th man

we shouldnt be saying we are not going, it should make some more folk go

sing louder

"oh the hibees are shite"

"maurice malpas, yer a .............."

"mo mo mo, nobody likes ye, nobody likes ye!!!"

• Like 2

I don't think it's a case of "if we're not getting our drum we're not going". I see this whole talk of a boycott as more of a stand against what such a ridiculous ban (and the reason given for it) represents in the attitudes of those in control of our game to the common football fan. We should pay our money, sit down, and shut up.

The lads in our support have made a concerted effort to bring more atmosphere and colour to Motherwell games, and have won the backing of our club through ongoing communication and negotiation. They have been widely praised for bringing a bit of passion back to Motherwell matches and this whole thing reeks of the same mentality as the over-zealous stewarding so prevalent in the game today: Noise + colour = trouble.

Assuming of course, that the reason given for the ban is accurate, and it's not a stunt to try and silence our support blum3.gif

There not disallowing it for anything to do with that though? They are disallowing it because it's extremely widely known that our away crowd makes the side perform better!

I hadn't even considered the thought that anyone would think it was for any other reason huh.gif

not going to a football match cos a drum can't be used is very petty and selfish. if you were going in the first place, then go and support your team regardless if there is some guy banging a drum.

Absolutely cannot understand this attitude.

Being treated poorly by Hibs and footballing authorities, but, y'know, just make the trip through to Edinburgh and give them your money anyway, that'll show them.

Last season, the Bois took a stand against Dundee United for treating them poorly, which saw United review their provision for away supporters and ultimately saw the removal of their head of security and a change to how they treat fans.

Additionally, we'll win, bois or no bois, as Hibs are an absolute disaster of a football team.

Additionally, we'll win, bois or no bois, as Hibs are an absolute disaster of a football team.

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

There is a saying about tempting fate.....

Compared to us Albion Rovers were supposed to be a disaster of a football team.

I hope they do but I believe that Hibs will not play as badly as they did against Dundee United. I am expecting a game more like the opening game of the season, settled by the odd goal.