gilmour

Boycott the hibs game ?   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Will you boycott the hibs game ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not bothered
    • No choice ticked already bought

All you are doing by not going is punishing Motherwell, but on the flip side by boycotting the game you raise awareness of the totally bonkers attitude of modern football. Scottish football stadiums are empty most games so any little bit of atmosphere generated should be embraced not banned.

I don't agree with Hibs banning the drum, it does help with atmosphere and they will lose out on a bit of gate money. However, Hibs fans have complained about it (albeit a pathetic and silly complaint) and I think they'd rather appease their own fans than ours, so I do understand to a degree.

I started going to Motherwell games long before drums were involved. I'm not sure, but I think people still managed to get a sing song and a jump about?? I go to games because I like watching football, I like to show my support for Motherwell and I like getting a bevvy and a laugh with mates. Not having a drum there affects none of that.

Motherwell need your support, Hibernian need the loss in revenue. Answer? Go to the game, as many have as many people as possible claim concession tickets only take a full price ticket if you really have to. Also when your in the ground, don't buy programs or refreshments (pie, bovrils or whatever floats your boat). That way they are getting their basic money from the gates and that is it. Our team is getting the support their team is getting minimum income from it. Don't think it is too much to ask not to pay £1.80 -£2.00 for a pie ye get from the butchers for 80p

Anyone getting up in arms over a drum must have far too much time on their hands (and im talking about both sides of the argument). If you were going to the game but have now decided to miss it due to a drum then you have to

ask yourself if you are really interested in football or are just there to party for 90mins.

I do agree banning that banning the drum is ridiculous though.

Motherwell need your support, Hibernian need the loss in revenue. Answer? Go to the game, as many have as many people as possible claim concession tickets only take a full price ticket if you really have to. Also when your in the ground, don't buy programs or refreshments (pie, bovrils or whatever floats your boat). That way they are getting their basic money from the gates and that is it. Our team is getting the support their team is getting minimum income from it. Don't think it is too much to ask not to pay £1.80 -£2.00 for a pie ye get from the butchers for 80p

Great post, which sums it up for me. If anyone really feels that cannot attend out of principle then donate the entrance fee to MFC.

Maybe this will let you all see just how awkward some clubs can be. Our club directors have to put up with this nonsense week in week out at SPFL meetings and votes. Organise "away season tickets" or change voting rights yer havin a laugh. If other clubs can be this awkward over something a simple as a drum it really does make you think.

Good to see it on BBC site...the media needs to pick this up and get right into Hibs and show people how feckin ridiculous they are.

Scottish football needs all the help it can get and these fuckwits are complaining about fans being noisy FFS..you could not make it up

No boycott though turn up in numbers sing and make as much noise as you can, pump them and get it right up them.

disappointed to read a thread on a boycott

but cant believe a few hypocrites , knocking those who will not spend their money visiting a stadium where they feel its not worth the £22/£12 for whatever reason.

saying that, maybe I'm wrong , and, I can look forward to all these great supporters showing up at Celtic Park, because the team needs you and that's all that matters

should be a what 7-800, maybe a thousand given its close proximity.

if anyone chooses not to go because they feel Hibs , are in the wrong, fine by me, same if its because its £22 a head or because the scheduled date changed with only 2 weeks notice.

probably only a handful of fans on a full set of games this season, most everyone makes choices, nae drum at one ground but its welcome at another and you have to make a choice between them, then its a perfectly valid factor for some.

• Like 1

What a miserable decision from hibs, i am convinced the claims inrelation to fan complaints are lies, they should procuce figures/ evidence.

Going to the game today, but my sympathy and support is with the bois. They have transformed the home and away experience particularly as their numbers have doubled this season and last. What i particularly admire is the positivity of their agenda and support, it was only a few years ago that the songbook we carried to edinburgh grounds consisted almost entirey of references to aids, gays, addicts and refugees, all very grim. Now it's about our tean, our players. I also recall the away visits to tannadice without the bois, and in particlar the game they originally boycotted / were refused entry. We pulled of a great battling performance that game but the remain support were too cold and disprate to congratulate the team.

I also think that the fans actively critising the boycott approach as petty should bear in mind that fans have very limited means with which to make a point. Shouting on forums has no impact in club boardrooms.

All of that said, if the response is a boycott is should be undertaken with eyes open. There is a real risk here of damaging the team here, and if hibs win today and their own drum is banging you can be damn sure no one within their club will be concerned by the couple of grand lost at the gate. Have the bois considered any other action to protest this decision other than non-attendence? I would suggest that anything which embarrasses hibs and draws attention to this decision should be consided and wonder if non-attendance is an effective way of pushing this message?

• Like 4