• James McFadden
    • Keith Lasley
    • John Sutton
    • Iain Vigurs
    • Lionel Ainsworth
    • Craig Moore
    • Chris Cadden
    • Null Vote

I am going for young Murray at fullback. Not his natural position but gave 100% on what I believe was his full debut. Easter Rd can be intimidating as we saw yesterday when Hibs up there game, but I thought he and the other youngsters were very good.

This was a game where I thought that most players did well for the most part but threw in some mistakes.

Hollis - having reviewed again, did well but I now concur he should have been more imposing at goal 2

Reid - quietly effective but some wayward passing

Murray - on the whole fine, but massively out of position for goal 3

Hutchinson and McManus - need to command more at set plays but in open play were fine

Ainsworth - Marvellous goal but quiet otherwise

Vigurs - did lots of good things, great ideas and work ethic going forwards but lots of misplaced passed and didn't do enough defensively

Lasley - a couple of poor decisions apart was his usual imposing self

Leitch - didn't do much wrong but felt the game passed him by a bit, was much better last week

Sutton - Worked like a Trojan, 2 goals but distribution was poor frequently

McFadden - involved in everything but decision making at times was frankly shocking

So having gone through them all, to me there wasn't an obvious choice for MoTM as when I look for one, I want someone who has done lots of good things and very few bad things and I think they were all a bit Jekyll and Hyde on Saturday and nobody seemed to stand above so I am null voting. Would give all 11 pass marks though.

Surely if your winger grabs a worldly and an assist he can be happy with his days work?

Not really, I think if he had dropped back a bit he could have changed the areas where the game was being played a bit. Apart from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half, the game was being played closer to our goal than there's and I think he and Vigurs lack of defensive awareness was part of the reason for that. Don't get me wrong they both did well going forward but overall I think if they had done a wee bit more of the ugly side we'd have won that.

ainsworth got subbed because his he basically chucked it.

he was played the ball down the line and didn't even bother to challenge their defender then a couple of minutes later was given the ball in a good central position and lost it carelessly. moore was sent out to warm up straight away.

playing him through the centre meant he was more involved than in most away games but he has a problem playing for 90 mins.

This was a game where I thought that most players did well for the most part but threw in some mistakes.

Hollis - having reviewed again, did well but I now concur he should have been more imposing at goal 2

Reid - quietly effective but some wayward passing

Murray - on the whole fine, but massively out of position for goal 3

Hutchinson and McManus - need to command more at set plays but in open play were fine

Ainsworth - Marvellous goal but quiet otherwise

Vigurs - did lots of good things, great ideas and work ethic going forwards but lots of misplaced passed and didn't do enough defensively

Lasley - a couple of poor decisions apart was his usual imposing self

Leitch - didn't do much wrong but felt the game passed him by a bit, was much better last week

Sutton - Worked like a Trojan, 2 goals but distribution was poor frequently

McFadden - involved in everything but decision making at times was frankly shocking

So having gone through them all, to me there wasn't an obvious choice for MoTM as when I look for one, I want someone who has done lots of good things and very few bad things and I think they were all a bit Jekyll and Hyde on Saturday and nobody seemed to stand above so I am null voting. Would give all 11 pass marks though.

If you look at the 3rd goal build up it is McManus caught way up the park (over the half way line) and out of postion. Murray has to deal with 2 players and by the time McManus gets back its too late to then move out to block Heffernan on the left. Not much Murray could have done in my opinion.

If you look at the 3rd goal build up it is McManus caught way up the park (over the half way line) and out of postion. Murray has to deal with 2 players and by the time McManus gets back its too late to then move out to block Heffernan on the left. Not much Murray could have done in my opinion.

Both full-backs had that to contend with 2 on one situations, throughout the game - Murray, more so in the first half, thankfully it was Cairney who tended to be the extra man.

Not really, I think if he had dropped back a bit he could have changed the areas where the game was being played a bit. Apart from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half, the game was being played closer to our goal than there's and I think he and Vigurs lack of defensive awareness was part of the reason for that. Don't get me wrong they both did well going forward but overall I think if they had done a wee bit more of the ugly side we'd have won that.

I disagree almost entirely.

Ainsworth was playing up front with Sutton I assume because McCall wanted to utilize his pace through the middle. That's why he was playing in such advanced areas. To be honest even though he got a goal and an assist I'm not convinced the 4-3-1-2 formation having Ainsworth through the middle was a raging success.

We surrendered the wide areas and let far too many crosses into the box which in my opinion was a result of the system not a lack a work rate(especially from Vigurs). Playing with a narrow 3 meant there was an inordinate amount of work for Leitch and Vigurs to do and how anyone who was at the game can accuse Vigurs of not putting a shift in for the team is beyond me. The guy may have had questions asked about his work rate in the past but he burst his baws for the team on Saturday and put in a real shift.

Also I agree with Steelboy that Ainsworth had to come off, he looked lost up front 2nd half and dropped out the game completely. However you can't really argue with another goal and another assist.