Motherwell V Inverness Ct 19/03/14 Wednesday

Yabba's Turd

Everyone seems to be on the same page with regards to his last night panned out. Who would've thunk it?!?? Cannae really add anymore.

What a pass by Hammell for Ainsworths goal!

I could have a wee moan about certain things but when you're sitting joint second in the league there doesn't seem any point!

The thing I was most nervous about was Carswell being on a yellow.

Just reflecting on that, it was an absolutely ridiculous decision by the ref to book Carswell. A little bit clumsy in giving away the foul while Foran was shepherding the ball out but absolutely nothing in it. Just struck me at the time as being a case of the referee wanting to deal with Foran's reaction but without having a clue what went on, just booking both players for the sake of balance. There wasn't really any need to book Foran either, in my opinion.

• Like 1

a good three points and getting level with aberdeen is a big thing for us.

i thought the there was 20 decent minutes in the first half around our goal and ICT had a decent spell around the hour mark and the rest of it was awful. travelling up there for more of the same next week definitely doesn't appeal.

credit to gunner for having a decent game and to hammell for two great assists.

a good three points and getting level with aberdeen is a big thing for us.

i thought the there was 20 decent minutes in the first half around our goal and ICT had a decent spell around the hour mark and the rest of it was awful. travelling up there for more of the same next week definitely doesn't appeal.

credit to gunner for having a decent game and to hammell for two great assists.

:swoon:

• Like 1

2 decent goals in a fairly dull midweek game, but a great 3 points psychologically, lets Aberdeen know we're still in the running for second.

I've always admired Sutton's scoring capabilities and was happy when he re-signed, but to me he seems an even better player in this spell, just seems fitter and sharper. Not sure he'll get to Higdon's tally, but then he hasn't had the same team to play with as Higdon did.

That's about 9 goals from Ainsworth in a pretty start stop campaign for him, pretty impressive. Great to see Hammell back and making an impact.

Watched the game on Alba last night and was very impressed with Reid, played really well. Neilsons positioning was very good and made a cracking save first half. Ainsworth as i said when he signed would be better than the Hump and glad hes proved it. Too bad hes off at the end of the season and certainly put himself in the shop window.

Sutton again played well, I wasn't too happy when he came back but again delighted to be proved wrong, hes not too far off Higdons tally and hope he breaks it.

All in a fairly comfortable win. Did we get lucky with the handball in the second half??

Silly yellows will cost us down the line, good to put the pressure on the Dons.

Wouldnt agree there,he has scored more goals but Humphrey worked like fuck for the team and set up more than a few goals too. Where he is better is ball striking/shooting, seems like every shot is struck about as sweetly as you can strike a ball

Wouldnt agree there,he has scored more goals but Humphrey worked like fuck for the team and set up more than a few goals too. Where he is better is ball striking/shooting, seems like every shot is struck about as sweetly as you can strike a ball

I agree with this. He's certainly better than Humphrey was when he arrived but he is a good bit older than Humphrey was at that time. Both good players with different qualities. Humphrey was quicker (three people delighted when he got his move to Preston: him, his agent and Danny Grainger) and worked harder at tracking back. Ainsworth is more clinical but probably leaves the full back playing behind him a bit more exposed...

What a novel idea peein on cornflakes need to try that one... :download: I take it the happy clappers thought Reid was great and never gave the ball away especially in the 2nd half when he looked up and played a 30 yard pass straught to a Caley player. :doh:

I agree with this. He's certainly better than Humphrey was when he arrived but he is a good bit older than Humphrey was at that time. Both good players with different qualities. Humphrey was quicker (three people delighted when he got his move to Preston: him, his agent and Danny Grainger) and worked harder at tracking back. Ainsworth is more clinical but probably leaves the full back playing behind him a bit more exposed...

At the end of the day they are similar but different players. Both valuable for what they do. Ainsworth is better at Humphrey going forward - better at shooting, crossing and at set pieces. But Humphrey worked harder and tracked back a lot more. For me, I'd rather have a winger like Ainsworth who is creating and scoring more goals.

Humphrey's stats

09/10 - 0 goals, 2 assists

10/11 - 4 goals, 5 assists

11/12 - 2 goals, 4 assists

12/13 - 3 goals, 8 assists

Ainsworth stats

13/14 - 9 goals, 6 assists

Just reflecting on that, it was an absolutely ridiculous decision by the ref to book Carswell. A little bit clumsy in giving away the foul while Foran was shepherding the ball out but absolutely nothing in it. Just struck me at the time as being a case of the referee wanting to deal with Foran's reaction but without having a clue what went on, just booking both players for the sake of balance. There wasn't really any need to book Foran either, in my opinion.

Spot on.

A booking out of nothing, because of Forans stupidity.

At the end of the day they are similar but different players. Both valuable for what they do. Ainsworth is better at Humphrey going forward - better at shooting, crossing and at set pieces. But Humphrey worked harder and tracked back a lot more. For me, I'd rather have a winger like Ainsworth who is creating and scoring more goals.

Humphrey's stats

Ainsworth stats

Got to love a nice stat backup, Humphrey did work harder on the pitch but his final ball and overall contribution was lacking (compared to Ainsworth) and endeavour masked his shortcomings, however I accept some will look fondly upon his time here and hear nothing bad said about him. Ainsworth seems able to last a full 90 minutes while Humphrey usually lasted 70 if started or was subbed on, granted Ainsworth picks when to stoke the boiler and when to amble about, its that behaviour/attitude that I reckon has prevented him playing at a higher level as he does seem to have all the tools.

Got to love a nice stat backup, Humphrey did work harder on the pitch but his final ball and overall contribution was lacking (compared to Ainsworth) and endeavour masked his shortcomings, however I accept some will look fondly upon his time here and hear nothing bad said about him....

I forgot you were relatively new around here. The guy you inadertently speak of disappeared from these boards curiously at the exactly the same time as Humphrey did.

If you are ever really bored and I mean really really bored, pour your favourite tipple, nestle snuggly in your cosiest chair, fire up Steelmen Online and search for posts by a poster called "Dazzer". And enjoy!

Humphrey's stats

Ainsworth stats

+1

Essentially nothing against Humphrey, but I feel Ainsworth is more likely to have a product at the end of what he does.

If the Humph matures in the same way, I'd have him back at some stage, however unlikely it may be.

MON RA DOSSERS

I forgot you were relatively new around here. The guy you inadertently speak of disappeared from these boards curiously at the exactly the same time as Humphrey did.

If you are ever really bored and I mean really really bored, pour your favourite tipple, nestle snuggly in your cosiest chair, fire up Steelmen Online and search for posts by a poster called "Dazzer". And enjoy!

From what I can gather Daver from reading through the posts, he was Humphrey's Mrs' step-dad.

As for doubling up on him, maybe at the start when he was an unknown quantity other than pace but as time progressed he carried less of a threat. I recall the guy I was sitting beside telling me "watch what happens when Craigan has the ball" as he moved forward, the opposition strikers would sit off him as they we coached that his distribution wasn't good, however if Hutchison had the ball they pressed them. I think there was an element of that with Humphrey near the end, he was know as being a speed machine but final product was sadly lacking.

I've already seen an element polarisation of the fans with Gannon and Reynolds in my time on here.

I'll never understand people's behaviour at times, when players move on its seen as a personal snub, but the same people wouldn't think twice about changing their own employer for extra wages, lifestyle or promotion.

Foran got it tight from a few people around me the other night, I thought he was a good servant and his record is pretty decent (23 goals from 90 apps - wikipedia). Reynolds also, he appeared to leave in a way that maximised revenue for the club relating to the circumstances at the time. I even have time for Nicky Law, OK lack of ambition possibly, quadruple your salary in front of 40k every week is Roy of the Rovers stuff, did he have any premiership moves lined up we didn't know about?