Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

On the run in of last four games everyone would have taken your hand off to pay £25 to garantee a game in Europe and put money into the clubs coffers . So if you think its too dear DONT GO or if you say you cant afford an extra £5 ???????? Save up for it .Surely if you are a well fan and supported and followed the team last season then the price for a European tie is a pretty low priority . Roll on the start of the season so we can have something decent to moan about .

Would it be better to spin this as:

3 quid more than a Ross County game on a Tuesday night in mid Feb? Thought so!

I would spin at as, it's a chuffing FIVER more that what everyone is 'more than happy' to pay.

Now I'm not saying the price of football, Scottish football anyway is acceptable but the club do NEED the money and this price point will bring in the most money, simple. Folk moaning about it will have 6 weeks to scrape together 5 pounds. If you smoke that's less than 2 less fags a week, if you drink it's a couple less pints next time you're out etc....

No brainer pricing for me, the club need it and we can all afford it.

No brainer pricing for me, the club need it and we can all afford it.

Agree with the sentiment, but the time for price rises is after Christmas, not the season where football clubs make a large portion of their set income (Prize Money and Season Ticket money).

As for the argument about budgets, is this not the first season since McGhee that we have kept our budget the same/expanded it?

There's going happily and there's going with the feeling you're being slightly fleeced.

It's not affordability that's in question is it?

My finances are not great now either and that is partly due to the economy being shite situation, I'm almost running at a loss and if it's a decision between saving myself upwards of 30 large plus diesel etc then the club have lost out.

But that was the whole basis of your previous arguement - was it not?

Just out of curiosity and for no other reason than to prove I'm not losing my mind huh.gif - did you amend your previous postings to remove personal financial information (a wise move), or did I imagine it lol.

Qualifying draws launch season

The 2014/15 UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League seasons will be launched by the first and second qualifying round draws on 23 June, all streamed live from the House of European Football in Nyon, Switzerland, by UEFA.com.

The pairings for the first two qualifying rounds of the UEFA Champions League will take place at 12.00CET, and will be followed by the draw for the first two stages of the UEFA Europa League, at 13.00 and 14.30CET respectively. The draw ceremonies will be conducted by UEFA General Secretary Gianni Infantino and UEFA competitions director Giorgio Marchetti. The final list of participating clubs and the draw procedure will be published on UEFA.com ahead of the draws.

Matches in the UEFA Champions League first qualifying round are played on 1/2 and 8/9 July with the second qualifying round on 15/16 and 22/23 July. The final will be held at the Olympiastadion, Berlin, on Saturday 6 June 2015.

FULL UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ACCESS LIST & CALENDAR

The UEFA Europa League first qualifying round is on 3 and 10 July, with the second qualifying round on 17 and 24 July. The final will be at the National Stadium, Warsaw, on Wednesday 27 May 2015.

So our draw is at 1.30pm BST on Monday, right?

If you'd go if it was 20 quid but couldn't afford it if it was 25, then you should definitely not be using that 20 quid for football.

I'll say again, I don't have a problem paying £25 to go to a Europa League match. However if we advance I do have a problem paying £100 on top of my season ticket costs to go to three Europa League matches and a League Cup match. And that's if the ticket price doesn't increase if we pull a big name.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

I probably shouldn't be spending £300+ on a season ticket but I'm a fan. However fans have limits as well.

If supporting Motherwell is such an issue for you there is always Bellshill Juniors, their tickets don't fluctuate and you'd have no issues with Euro ties ........

Pretty obnoxious comment.

There are people out there putting money they can't really afford into the club they love.

• Like 6

Enough of the better fan debate and what you will/won't pay to see your team... One mans dedication on the European front has him representing the club at the draw in Nyon next week. Right touch by the club. Thoroughly deserved and they'll be plenty of pictures!

Enough of the better fan debate and what you will/won't pay to see your team... One mans dedication on the European front has him representing the club at the draw in Nyon next week. Right touch by the club. Thoroughly deserved and they'll be plenty of pictures!

What a fabulous gesture - has this been publicised anywhere or have I just missed it.

Who?

Aw naw, hope it's not Decorator or he'll be bunging them for a trip to Israel (or worse).

Pretty obnoxious comment.

There are people out there putting money they can't really afford into the club they love.

There are a wide cross section of Motherwell fans and their ability to pay for Season Tickets, Away games, Cup games and Euro jaunts.

Most cannot afford to do all of the above and that is a shame as most would like to do all of the above.

I have cut back on away games so I can give a little bit more to the club through hospitality and go to European games.

Sadly it is the by product of being successful that we have all these extra games to choose from. I sincerely hope we have 3 home Euro games this year. Probably more likely to 2 at best.