Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

Bangor City only have a capacity of 1500 max seated.... queue mass hysteria for ticket allocation if they get though which i think they will based on seeding and recent club history.

and the other mob have 1000!!

if it's in Wales - then you might find, and its a big might cos I have no idea how the rules work - that it might get moved to Wrexham or Chester (but they play under the English FA, so i have no idea how that will work either!)

There's a couple of things that might muddle it.

If Bangor come through their game, I imagine it'll be home first, if Stjarnan do, surely that'll lead to issues in Reykjavik with Celtic being there at the same time.

That and the Commonwealth games curveball.

Bangor have a new ground which holds 3,000 but last won in Europe in 2010, they have lost heavily in 2 out of the last 3 years.

i think that is 3000 standing, and 1500 seated.

the Iceland teams capacity is not an issue as i can't see anymore that 100 odd absolute max going to Iceland.

The day after the 1st leg

edit - missing the home leg 'cos I'm still in Portugal. Might see if I can make it to Wales if that's where we end up.

That would be good if the home leg is 1st as been reported. Can then wait to see if we get another sh1t draw and make hasty arrangements to get up to Iceland - most probably likely to be Iceland looking at the 2 teams.

If we get a PSV or Real Sociedad I would hope we could get through and would save money and time to go the that away game.

Will defo go to Wales (tickets permitting) if Bangor City win the tie.

Went last year, it is expensive but not as mental as some of the stuff you read. We went with Icelandair and they were excellent.

Planned to go back some time soon as well so this might fi the bill, fingers crossed.

Airport is Tax and duty free as well, so can stock up on the way home.

Went last year, it is expensive but not as mental as some of the stuff you read. We went with Icelandair and they were excellent.

Pretty much this. Its expensive compared to going to Wetherspoons in Motherwell, but compared to spending time in London or that, pretty similar. The prices do go up a bit in the summer.

That said, its a fantastic part of the world. Can absolutely recommend it if you're going for the football or otherwise. Pick up your absolute limit going through the duty free when you get off the plane in Keflavik as well (theres a wee supermarket number of cheaper booze), and you're sorted for at least one day...

Half hoping we get Stjarnan so I have a reason to go back.