Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

Think this mob will be more tidy than we are giving them credit for.

Will be delighted with any sort of win

This, I've got the fear big time about tonight for some reason!

Hopefully all the Scottish teams (even Aberdeen) can perform this season in Europe!

Any team that are unbeaten in 13 competitive matches including a 8-0 aggregate win over Bangor are NOT to be underestimated at all.

This tie is very much in the balance.

Without underestimating them... the basic facts are that if you can't beat an amateur side over two legs you don't deserve to be in the competition. You also have to remember that like Stjarnan, Bangor are also semi-pro. We are a full time professional football team and hopefully learned something from the Albion Rovers cup debacle. I repeat what I said earlier in the thread, we can have no excuses if we don't dispose of this team in a professional manner. I am fully expecting us to take a two or three goal lead into the next round.

Mon the Well! thumbup.gif

Without underestimating them... the basic facts are that if you can't beat an amateur side over two legs you don't deserve to be in the competition. You also have to remember that like Stjarnan, Bangor are also semi-pro. We are a full time professional football team and hopefully learned something from the Albion Rovers cup debacle. I repeat what I said earlier in the thread, we can have no excuses if we don't dispose of this team in a professional manner. I am fully expecting us to take a two or three goal lead into the the round.

Mon the Well! thumbup.gif

My thoughts exactly! I know they're in the middle of their season but we have a squad of full-time athletes so over 2 legs if we don't do the business then it will be a complete embarrassment. I appreciate that it's "11 against 11" and I am well aware of what happened against Albion Rovers but we really should be disposing of this mob with a bit to spare.

As for their 8-0 aggregate win - that was against another part-time side from Wales who were also still in pre-season so I'm not sure I would read too much into that.

• Like 1