Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

From what I understand the cost of hosting a standard game at FP including stewarding, cops, etc. is from £25k to £35k. If we made £50k last week then we'd be doing well (I still can't fathom why the cops insist on having mounted police for Euro games against 22 good natured and friendly fans).

Regardless it looks like the club made the right business decision on the pricing. I can only imagine maybe 300 extra would have came along if tickets were £15.

From what I understand the cost of hosting a standard game at FP including stewarding, cops, etc. is from £25k to £35k. If we made £50k last week then we'd be doing well (I still can't fathom why the cops insist on having mounted police for Euro games against 22 good natured and friendly fans).

there's not a chance it costs that much.

i would hope the horses that are these matches to give them and their riders something do rather the police forcing us to pay for them.

Are those figures not cumulative totals rather than what you get for each round? If we get to say play off round our prize money will be 150k rather than say 540k if your team progressed all the way from the first round to the play off round for example?

Are those figures not cumulative totals rather than what you get for each round? If we get to say play off round our prize money will be 150k rather than say 540k if your team progressed all the way from the first round to the play off round for example?

it's per round.

Your figures are probably about right. Say 4,800 fans at an average of £20 a head ...that's £96,000 gross. Normally costs are about 33% of the gross income for game; so that would make them come in at about £32,000. Don't know if VAT is included in costs or not. Certainly the VAT payable on ticket sales is about £19,000 - in other words £4 of every ticket on average is lost in VAT. The club will have made about £60,000 on the night excluding catering/programmes etc.

Your figures are probably about right. Say 4,800 fans at an average of £20 a head ...that's £96,000 gross. Normally costs are about 33% of the gross income for game; so that would make them come in at about £32,000. Don't know if VAT is included in costs or not. Certainly the VAT payable on ticket sales is about £19,000 - in other words £4 of every ticket on average is lost in VAT. The club will have made about £60,000 on the night excluding catering/programmes etc.

i don't see how you get that figure.

the game last thursday wouldn't have cost any more to put on than a league cup tie against a lower league team with much higher revenue. the costs of the stewards and the police should surely be less than £10,000.

I remember reading somewhere that, unlike in England, the Scottish clubs are liable for some of the policing costs outside the ground, but I don't know if that is accurate.

I have no idea how much we pay in policing costs inside the ground and couldn't find it anywhere - be an interesting figure to see.

This article would support Steelboy's estimates:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/football-policing-costs-set-to-rise-by-millions-1.912527

Its circa 2009 but states Rangers paid 40k for the police inside the stadium at an old firm game which had a total inside/outside policing cost of 150k.

That article says "Strathclyde Police aims to start charging clubs for the officers it deploys outside stadiums as well as inside, which could land them with a bill of more than £3m a year."

which means Steelboy was wrong (assuming they did start charging us for officers outside the stadium).

That article says "Strathclyde Police aims to start charging clubs for the officers it deploys outside stadiums as well as inside, which could land them with a bill of more than £3m a year."

which means Steelboy was wrong (assuming they did start charging us for officers outside the stadium).

considering that there are no articles saying that they actually went through this then i doubt that is the case.

stephen house has turned the police in scotland into one massive traffic unit to make money. it's not a surprise that he would be trying to get more money from football clubs.

I don't know how I feel about this upcoming game. One minute I am full of confidence that we will just brush them aside then the next minute I'm dreading the game thinking what a downer it wil be to get put out by a semi pro team. Roll on Thursday so I can get past this!!!!

I reckon the horses were in place for the Corteo thing.

Correct........the Focus unit must have hard on.......a group of wee boys marching up to a game...:lol:............still don't think we pay cops outside the ground.......

As for the stewarding....why was the whole south stand opened up for 22 fans..........surely they should have been in the main stand

the same at the Fulham game.........why open 3 stands for a pre season friendly.......open the main and the Cooper or East.......if money is as tight we seem to be throwing a lot down the drain for unnecessary stewarding :angry: