Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

mccall needs to have a word with himself its a joke throwing kerr on as a sub and asking him to play way out of position hows that going to be good for his future development.,ainsworth off and thomas on simples

A lot of constructive comments on here tonight with a common theme underlying a number of posing questions.

Tonight is more than a shocker of a one-off result. Given how close the club is to the fans, I hope senior figures take the opportunity to address our concerns.

Amidst the relative success and remarkable consistency we have achieved in recent years, all is not well.

I can't work out how the club continually tell us they have no money for players but are happy to fork out for 20-30 people to go to Portugal for a week. Not only that, but when they get there they play fucking kids games like footie golf and the corner challenge. I'm sure it makes for a good video but I would rather see the money I work hard for and pump into the club through different means used for something other than a lads holiday.

I think Las in the last few years has been a stalwart going forward but his defensive duties

make me cringe every time he's near our box he's liable to make a rash tackle, pull

the opponent back or now handball. He's not going to change his style now he always acts with

the best of intentions as a Motherwell man, but I think its now time to look at other options.

As for Faddy to Partick I wish him all the best he always tried his heart out for the Well but

after being played out of potion for most of last season its hardly any wonder people were

disappointed with him.

Some questions need answered.

Why is ainsworth subbed so early every game?

Why is Kerr brought on to play at right mid when it never works?

Why did we only play one decent friendly all summer?

He's an explosive player and his tank isn't that big. If he tracked back and lasted 90 minutes he would be playing at a level above us.

In this instance it was no doubt to shore up for the last portion of the game. While Kerr offers not a fraction of what Ainsworth going forward, he offers 100% more than what he does in protecting the back line. It is surprising its not really clicked for him.

No doubt due to the World Cup, a number of teams would be starting back a tad later. Pre season generally involves a few weeks of limited ball work with an emphasis on fitness. I suspect the lack of friendlies is due to not enough teams being advanced enough to step up to games.

As for tonight, all that team should go and have a long look at themselves. McCall needs to put his hands up and tell where it went wrong but to be fair he always has. Just getting a bit boring hearing it now, its getting too repetitive.

Check us out, all gallus talking about how we're going to get to Poland for the next tie.

I don't think we're on the way back to mid/low table mediocrity (mainly because a lot of teams around us are in much worse positions) however if Stuart wants money to strengthen the team then he needs to put things in place to put ties like this to bed to ensure extra income.

He's an explosive player and his tank isn't that big. If he tracked back and lasted 90 minutes he would be playing at a level above us.

In this instance it was no doubt to shore up for the last portion of the game. While Kerr offers not a fraction of what Ainsworth going forward, he offers 100% more than what he does in protecting the back line. It is surprising its not really clicked for him.

No doubt due to the World Cup, a number of teams would be starting back a tad later. Pre season generally involves a few weeks of limited ball work with an emphasis on fitness. I suspect the lack of friendlies is due to not enough teams being advanced enough to step up to games.

As for tonight, all that team should go and have a long look at themselves. McCall needs to put his hands up and tell where it went wrong but to be fair he always has. Just getting a bit boring hearing it now, its getting too repetitive.

Check us out, all gallus talking about how we're going to get to the Baltic for the next tie.

I don't think we're on the way back to mid/low table mediocrity (mainly because a lot of teams around us are in much worse positions) however if Stuart wants money to strengthen the team then he needs to put things in place to put ties like this to bed to ensure extra income.

think he needs to have people round about him who will ask questions and not just agree, and maybe a coach that

can get the team fit for a change, On the subject of Ainsworth his fitness was not in question last season so why is

it now, and if he's not fit why is he there , does anyone measure their fitness ???

• Like 1

If I remember correctly Mark McGhee was brutal in pre-season, taking the players over to Germany and working them until they puked. We really need a more disciplinarian approach to training.

If I remember correctly Mark McGhee was brutal in pre-season, taking the players over to Germany and working them until they puked. We really need a more disciplinarian approach to training.

Was going to say this as well.

We were flying out of the traps, taking a few goal leads, then seeing it out.

Another line of debacles in the history of MFC..........potential to have the thousand s of Poles at FirPar filling the south stand/tv money etc etc

blown away with what woud appear lack of match fitness and the mangers desire to try and defend a lead at both the home and away ties........:dash2:

Absolute fucking disaster of an evening.

Sitting in Reykjavik airport and this is the lowest I've felt as a Well fan for a long, long time. Fucking Gutless last night. The majority of them should be fucking ashamed to collect a wage this week.

These few quotes pretty much sum up last nights game.

I have now calmed down a little.

I think questions need to be asked with regards fitness, our management can say that the other team are 12 games into their season so are up to fitness and are match sharp all they want but the simple fact remains that they are a a semi pro team so this isn't even their FULL TIME OCCUPATION. We must have blown a lot of money going to Portugal for so called intensive pre season training and for what?????, especially as we are supposedly so cash strapped. A professional team should 100% be able to steam roller over the top of semi-pro's during a 2 leg game which included extra time.

It may not be the biggest disappointment I have had as a well fan but it still hurts, WHY cant we turn up against so called smaller teams, it has cost the club so much money, another question that needs to be asked is WHY cant we hang onto a lead and WHY does SMC want to play Kerr on the right wing.

SMC took off 2 offensive players and brought on 2 defensive players in an attempt to see out a lead against SEMI-PRO opposition.

I am totally bemused as to how this has happened and the players owe the fans (especially those who travelled) a few performances to make up for this unbelievably poor display over the 2 legs.

I also cant believe Dom Thomas wasn't given a chance but Angol and Kerr are continually given chances and as of yet haven't stepped up anywhere near the mark, the young lad must be despairing on the side lines.

WE NEED A DEFENDER AND A STRIKER, IT APPEARS TO ME THAT SIMPLE, otherwise we are going to have a long season.!!!!!!!!!

think he needs to have people round about him who will ask questions and not just agree, and maybe a coach that

can get the team fit for a change, On the subject of Ainsworth his fitness was not in question last season so why is

it now, and if he's not fit why is he there , does anyone measure their fitness ???

Ainsworth rarely lasted 90 minutes last season either so it's not a new phenomenon.

I pointed out last night that Hibs have a specific fitness and conditioning coach and asked the question if we have such an individual. I'm suspecting not...

What we NEED is not to go into administration (again)

If that means not signing anyone and giving youth a chance then so be it

We are fucking skint

I agree with you but someone is going to point out that losing cup games makes us skint.

I'd prefer to point out the number of midfielders we have. Why sign Lawson when Carswell had signed a new contract? Why offer Lasley two years when we have Leitch, Carswell, Vigurs, Law and Lawson, all younger options, the first two in particular needing game time to develop.

An unbalanced squad...

How’s that working out for them? ph34r.gifwhistling.gif

Joking aside I think it is something that we really need to work on improving.

Fair point. But I think the guy they appointed has only come in under Stubbs. Does suggest to me that he's come in with good ideas.

Fitness didn't seem an issue season before last. What has changed? Or was it there season before last and teams couldn't exploit it because we kept the ball better?