Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

Would I like him to give the opposition less credit pre-match? Yes. Do I want him to stop writing us off in advance with visits to Parkhead? Yes. Do I want him chased out my club to be replaced with a Yogi Hughes type journeyman? No.

why? What do you want them to say? That they're sorry and that McCall will come round the house of each person who attended the home leg to personally apologise? That the whole team is pish and the fans should come down to Fir park with their plane & hotel tickets for a refund?

They lost a game of football. It happens. I don't understand what you're wanting? They've said it was a gutting result, but that it's onwards & upwards. What else can they say?

Okay then if you're not happy with the phrase attitude problem, call it an inferiority complex or a fear of talking ourselves and our players up.

We, as a club, are afraid to say in public that we believe ourselves to be good, that we believe we are better than anyone else. That's a poison that permeates through every area....if you don't believe you're great, then you won't be. It's been that way for as long as I can remember. Certainly for as long as we've been good.

Even two years ago when...let's not beat about the bush, we were a fantastic side that no-one in this league could touch over the course of a season, with players that every single other side would have taken in a heartbeat....we still have people like that above saying "we had players that wouldn't get a game for anyone else"

It's utter, utter nonsense and it's time we found a little bit of arrogance and a little bit of swagger.

3 great posts.

Inverness showed just how embarrassing it was going to Ibrox in the next round and scudding them 3-0 at a canter.

Agree!

We lost against rangers b4 the game had even begun.

McCall spoke down our chances all of that week, even though we were top of the league at the time. That attitude fed into the teams performance(or lack of it) that night.

We should have had a bit of baws and bit of self belief, arrogance that night and went out and spanked them!

How did we do against Inverness that season? Oh aye, that's right, we thumped them 4-1, 5-1 & 3-0 that season. The whole "well, look what so & so did to them after they beat us" chat is ridiculous.

Its not ridiculous whatsoever its stating fact. Inverness thumped them 3-0 at Ibrox just four weeks after we rolled over against them when they had their best and most expensive players including the aforementioned David Templeton sitting in the stand so that negates your ' they pay bigger wages' excuse straight away. And in any event if you want to go down that road, part time QoS beat them at Ibrox the week before our capitulation against them, their players earn less than ours would I would guess.

The 'Rangers' result was an embarrassment for us, just like last night was and can be put in the same bracket as that and last seasons Albion debacle as three shocking results under mccall's watch.

Its not ridiculous whatsoever its stating fact. Inverness thumped them 3-0 at Ibrox just four weeks after we rolled over against them when they had their best and most expensive players including the aforementioned David Templeton sitting in the stand so that negates your ' they pay bigger wages' excuse straight away. And in any event if you want to go down that road, part time QoS beat them at Ibrox the week before our capitulation against them, their players earn less than ours would I would guess.

The 'Rangers' result was an embarrassment for us, just like last night was and can be put in the same bracket as that and last seasons Albion debacle as three shocking results under mccall's watch.

Under McCall's "watch" over three seasons we've finished 2nd twice, and 3rd once in the league, we've reached the league cup quarter-final, and the Scottish cup quarter-final as well. We've saw one of our players crowned players player of the year, finish top scorer in the league, and our manager has won a manager of the year award.

On top of that we've played in Europe every complete season McCall has been in charge.

All of that pretty much overshadows three bad cup results in my book.

Is he perfect? No. if he was he most likely wouldn't be with us. I may be a bit mental, but i've got faith in him that he can lead us to another stellar season.

• Like 2

We lost against rangers b4 the game had even begun.

Pretty much.

I think McCall would agree with you on all three counts.

Being better than you used to be and refusing to move your standards upwards accordingly, is just as criminal as being worse than you used to be and not understanding why you don't win everything anymore.

Great post Alan. I'm sick to death of reading about "our wee club" or "punching above our weight". Irrespective of how bad or good we are we should always look to improve and learn from our mistakes.

Any quotes from McCall or anyone else at the club about the game yet?

Just this from the official................

A downbeat McCall said: “This isn’t the time for lambasting people. To have been 2-0 up at Fir Park, then 1-0 and 2-1 up here in Iceland should have been enough.“But we haven’t been strong enough to keep the lead. We had chances to kill them off but didn’t take them.

“Instead, we were soft right through and let them back into it.

“The second equaliser was the sore one – we should’ve been stronger defensively at that one.”

Would be good to hear from some of the fans who made the trip too

Just watched the "highlights" of last night... defensive shambles. Stonewall pealty yet again from Lasley....

We actually looked pretty creative and adventurous going forward for the first 60 mins then seemed to resort to long balls yet again...

Why was Big Erwin not giving a chance when a unfit ZFA was brought on...

Starting to agree with my old an about McCall.... which isnt a good thing...

To clarify, Fraser Kerr came on at right back, not right mid. Craig Reid went into midfield and Vigurs came over to the right. However, Lasley moved up front. You have to think that whatever set of circumstances you have had to deal with that if you end up with Lasley up front you have managed them incorrectly. We still had one sub left at that stage. When Carsewell came off could we not have put an attacker on and put Keith back in the middle.

My only thought was that the further Keith is up the park the fewer penalties he will concede.

1406320188[/url]' post='417495']

To clarify, Fraser Kerr came on at right back, not right mid. Craig Reid went into midfield and Vigurs came over to the right. However, Lasley moved up front. You have to think that whatever set of circumstances you have had to deal with that if you end up with Lasley up front you have managed them incorrectly. We still had one sub left at that stage. When Carsewell came off could we not have put an attacker on and put Keith back in the middle.

My only thought was that the further Keith is up the park the fewer penalties he will concede.

Unless of course we switched to a back 3 which I didn't notice, in which case Kerr was played right of a 5 man midfield.

Another penalty given away by Lasley by taking a bad touch in his own box rather than clearing it!

Same as the first game!!

McCall not the only one not learning from his mistakes then.

He looks very rusty. Possible lack of game awareness which comes from lack of games. Based on highlights, Sutton's lack of match sharpness sticks out like a sore thumb too.

Not quite getting the fans without tickets. I've returned with 2 briefs and I wasn't the only one who had spares to offer. £70 for that crock o'shit. Mug.

Gutted doesn't come close, I'm squeezing the last out of my trip in Stockport tonight with family so will reserve judgement for now. Fair to say, I'm glad I never travelled with the charter... Blind loyalty isn't backing the team!

Don't get me started on chicks with dicks