Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

Ha nice,

Hypothetically, if we did get a big team what would be the consensus on here of switching the venue to a larger capacity ground to cash in and allow pretty much everyone who wanted a ticket to get one opposed to staying at FP with its 12,500? (1,000 less due to the bucket seats in the main not allowed in UEFA competition).

A Well vs Man Utd game would attract no less that what we took to Hampden for the cup final (17-18k) and I think the same again from them, prices for Euro games like this I imagine would be around £25 = £875k (minus hire of alternative stadium) opposed to £313k.

It would be great to have them at FP but is half a million quid too much to ignore?

Ha nice,

Hypothetically, if we did get a big team what would be the consensus on here of switching the venue to a larger capacity ground to cash in and allow pretty much everyone who wanted a ticket to get one opposed to staying at FP with its 12,500? (1,000 less due to the bucket seats in the main not allowed in UEFA competition).

A Well vs Man Utd game would attract no less that what we took to Hampden for the cup final (17-18k) and I think the same again from them, prices for Euro games like this I imagine would be around £25 = £875k (minus hire of alternative stadium) opposed to £313k.

It would be great to have them at FP but is half a million quid too much to ignore?

You're not seriously suggesting that Motherwell vs Man Utd in a Europa League qualifier would attract a crowd of 35,000 are you?! If such a situation ever arose, we'd probably do well to get a sell-out at Fir Park!

How would Man Utd be seen in any way other than a game as big as a cup final? I think 35k would be the high end but definitely enough to fill FP twice over.

If we get to europe, and if we get to the playoff round and if we were drawn against Man U, i would still like to see us play them at the ark. Its our home, its plenty big enough for our fan base including regulars, odd game attendees and most of the day out crowd. Would expect those who regularly attend will know enough ST holders to guarantee them a ticket.

If someones gran/ 2nd cousin/ dug couldn't source a ticket, i wouldnt be too concerned.

Everyone had a ticket for Nancy with some to spare. Yes there will be greater demand for Man U as 'well fans + Man U and neutrals would look for tickets, but as long as the club looked after sales sensibly to ensure they went to 'well fans, i'm sure we would be fine

Ha nice,

I think we could sell out Fir Park but I don't think we'd get as many as you seem to think. The Motherwell diaspora aren't going to come in from all corners for a Europa Cup qualifying round match. They will for a cup final.

I think we could sell out Fir Park but I don't think we'd get as many as you seem to think. The Motherwell diaspora aren't going to come in from all corners for a Europa Cup qualifying round match. They will for a cup final.

I would agree with that but I'm pretty sure that if we drew Man Utd then the interest locally would extend beyond the stay away or exiled Motherwell fans to non 'Well supporting locals wanting to see Man Utd in the flesh, so I reckon Fir Park would easily sell out for a Motherwell v Man Utd Europa league match. At the risk of sounding like 'trafficlight' I reckon the Man Utd brand name would see such a game sold out no bother.

6th place gets Europa too

Not this season though, England gets 4 CL and 3 EL places, 2 of which go to the FA cup and Carling cup winners. Arsenal are the only potential CL qualifiers left in the cup,so even if they win it unlike Scotland the runners up dont get the EL place it goes to 5th in the league. So Man Untd will need to finish at least 5th to play in Europe.

And man city won the Carling cup so therefore 6tg place gets europa?

Do they not need to give at least 1 place to a cup winner/runner up? I think that's why Scotland have to let cup runners up in? It's UEFA, not SFA, Gordon smith tried to change it.

(Just with 2 cups offering a Europa league place, chances are one of the winners won't have qualified for the champions league)

Man Utd would pump us and i'd rather get pumped in a brimming Fir Park, sitting in my usual seat with a cracking atmosphere than have the usual semi final/final crowd attendees coming along and telling people to sit down and shut up because they can't see the game/don't like the noise.

• Like 2

Man Utd would pump us and i'd rather get pumped in a brimming Fir Park, sitting in my usual seat with a cracking atmosphere than have the usual semi final/final crowd attendees coming along and telling people to sit down and shut up because they can't see the game/don't like the noise.

This.

Still cringe remembering that.