Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

I am not so sure we would have got an extra 2300 in on Thursday if the prices had been reduced as proposed.

There will be a few who stay away because it £25.

I still believe that more Well fans appreciate it is a European game. The club need every penny.

I am heading to the Centenary (£35) and cannae wait to see competitive football .

My only concern is how we fare against a fitter team unbeaten this season. I think it will be tough..

They should open the South Stand the whole of Fir Park should be packed...It's not I hear on Tv... and It's Motherwell in a Europa game.

and it is Mother well fans moaning about price. Which is not entirely unjustifiable.

It has been a while since Fir Park was packed.

Atmospheres for Odense and Pana were wicked. I would expect the same again if we get through and draw PSV or Lyon

The £25 price tag was always going to put off some people, especially as they are an amateur outfit with no real euro pedigree. We will be lucky to get 3,500.

I doubt very much if we had reduced prices to say even £10 and £5 that some folk would have cancelled their holidays to attend. Its a pity though if some fair weather fans base their decision on whether or not to attend on the identity and quality of the opposition. That might be the case with neutrals but I would hope it doesn't apply to our own fans. Would bigger teams such as ND Gorica, Ferencvarosi or Rio Ave attract more of our floating fans?

Interesting that St Johnstone are charging £27 and £26 for full price adult tickets in their game.

To be honest i think the club could be doing more to raise awareness if the game and market it. We have known for a month or so we would get the winner of Bangor or this mob, but not until last Thursday did we get to find out when the home game would be. Was there any official announcement and rallying call? Im as big a motherwell fan as the next guy, but i hadn't even looked at the possible dates until Monday and was caught off guard to see the home game was this week.

Got my ticket yesterday right enough

Not bought a ticket and I'm not planning to....don't know what it is but I just can't be arsed. Feel the same way about getting a season ticket, but the weans won't leave me with any other option than to buy those. Kids football training on Thursday gives me a semi-valid excuse not to attend the Euro game I suppose...

For what it's worth, I reckon we'll draw at Fir Park before beating them in Iceland

Not bought a ticket and I'm not planning to....don't know what it is but I just can't be arsed. Feel the same way about getting a season ticket, but the weans won't leave me with any other option than to buy those. Kids football training on Thursday gives me a semi-valid excuse not to attend the Euro game I suppose...

For what it's worth, I reckon we'll draw at Fir Park before beating them in Iceland

If anything then at least your honest!

What do people think the reasons are that we haven't got a replacement in for McFadden and Anier yet? Do you think we'll someone in for the start of the season or even the next round of Europe? (if we get through of course)

If the Anier deal was a few weeks in the making before he officially left as McCall stated and he had his eye on some potential replacements you would like to think we could've got them signed in time for Europe. Naw?

I know we're skint but surely starting the season with only 1 recognised/established striker isnae good?

Bob McHugh as a first 11 pick doesn't inspire me at all but if he has to start tomorrow then he should be under strict instructions to knock his pan in for 45 minutes and give Erwin the second half.

Fuck sake!

Every single person has to justify to themselves (and perhaps their family) if they are willing to spend £25 to go to this game. That's it. Every single person will have their own reasons, motivations, budgets, incomes, holidays, etc. No one will have the exact same circumstances as anyone else.

There is ZERO point in trying to say why anyone else SHOULD be going to this game. There is ZERO point in trying to say why anyone else SHOULD NOT be going to this game. The price is what it is.

If you can justify the £25, brilliant. Go and and enjoy the game and cheer the 'Well on as loudly as you can and make sure that you do all you can to ensure the occasion is worth every single penny. Hopefully, the players will respond and do the business to make it an even more memorable night for you.

If you can't justify the £25, that's fine. For whatever reason, you can't justify but it doesn't make you any less of a fan. You certainly don't have to justify it to anyone else. Stay at home, do whatever else you are needed to do but keep in touch with the game via radio, twitter, this site if possible and hope that we win so that there will be another game in the next round. Then, you can decide whether or not you can justify the ticket price for that, depending on the opponent, price, dates, circumstances, etc.

Stop moaning about anyone else's decision, whether that's someone on here right through to the board at the club, and make your own decision as to what you want to do because that's the only decision you have the right to make.

• Like 7

Honestly who other than diehards are going to pay £25 to see a probably sluggish and off the pace Motherwell play a part time team from Iceland?

The answer is probably not even all the diehards.

True - but then it begs the question why anyone should 'kin bother including the players - the Manager etc

If the fans cannae be arsed to get up for or along to a European game.

Since when did it matter who or at what stage we were playing in Europe.

What some fans need is another 10 years without European football. That will be just around the corner, so enjoy whilst it lasts

That is if some fans can be botheredmellow.gif

As for the game itself, I can't see this being anywhere near as easy as some are predicting. Irrespective of the standard of their league, they are in full flight. We, on the other hand, are still in pre-season preparations.

I agree with what someone said earlier: hopefully the Albion Rovers debacle will prevent this squad from ever being THAT complacent ever again.

Clean sheets are not something that we enjoyed too often last season. We cannot afford to lose any costly away goals in the first leg.