Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

The botom line is the team was not prepared enough, the number of games played before this tie was never going to get the team match fit.

The club allowing players to leave for zip also is coming home to roost as SM has no funds to adequately replace outgoing players.

I have been taken to task, even abused personally, for stating this previously by other SMol posters but facts are facts, no club can keep allowing players to leave for o return.

It's also a big selling point for any potentially transfer targets wiped off our appeal. No European football at Motherwell.

If it was a choice between a jolly in Portugal or bringing in a decent level player and getting through this tie I think we all know where the money was going to be spent.

• Like 3

What did we gain by going to portugal/, absolutely fuck all. We could have been playing friendly after friendly back home but instead were over there running about a park that isn't any better than ravenscraig.

I think we gained quite a bit in Portugal, if you seen some of the You Tube footage you'd have seen some of the players brushing up their football Golf game!! Being able to pass a ball into a 6ft wide hole will stand us in great stead for the rest of the season!!

I just hope that Davie Clarkson re-imbursed the club for his plane fare/bed and board!!

Agree not good enough but won't get too upset . Anybody else on here remember getting relegated to the old Second Division in 1968 or being at Joe Warks testimonial and getting beat 8-1 by WBA and not forgetting numerous tanking's form the old firm and early cup exits. Get over it , all part o supporting your LOCAL TEAM.

Come on the WELL Always. :thumbup:

A very poor result and questions will need to be asked but now is not the time. Wait until the ice has settled and we can get objective reports from the fans who travelled. We'll need cool heads.

We drew and lost to non professionals. I think we can skip the travelers tales before coming to a judgment.

I think we gained quite a bit in Portugal, if you seen some of the You Tube footage you'd have seen some of the players brushing up their football Golf game!! Being able to pass a ball into a 6ft wide hole will stand us in great stead for the rest of the season!!

I just hope that Davie Clarkson re-imbursed the club for his plane fare/bed and board!!

And the rest of the lazy pricks that just fucked that up - sickening. The weather was so bad here they HAD to fuck off to Portugal - wanks very much.

A very poor result and questions will need to be asked but now is not the time. Wait until the ice has settled and we can get objective reports from the fans who travelled. We'll need cool heads.

Wait until the smoke has settled? Are you serious, this type of result has happened far too often in both our long and recent history, there is no need to wait. The team were clearly unfit to play 90 minutes last week, yet all of us knew when we beat Aberdeen last May when this tie would be played, so why were plans not laid down to ensure match fitness for 17 July?

If the club is short of money then there was absolutely no need to go to Portugal and if I get a telephone call from anyone at Fir Park tomorrow about renewing season ticket or updating my Society membership the caller better be ready with some answers to my questions, the first one being why the hell should I put more money into the club?

We drew and lost to non professionals. I think we can skip the travellers tales.

All the anger and frustration on here is understandable ( I almost threw my tablet through the window), but what we need to do now is to calm down and undertake a rational review in the cold light of day.

Agree not good enough but won't get too upset . Anybody else on here remember getting relegated to the old Second Division in 1968 or being at Joe Warks testimonial and getting beat 8-1 by WBA and not forgetting numerous tanking's form the old firm and early cup exits. Get over it , all part o supporting your LOCAL TEAM.

Come on the WELL Always. :thumbup:

Aye OK .... eh....Mon the Well .Feel better already.