Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

Even when Hearts and Hibs are the worst 2 teams in the league?

That's more down to how they're being run behind the scenes. All of those clubs I mentioned have much bigger budgets than we do for players, and they have more money to spend.

I know no one wants to hear the old "punching above our weight" line, but the reason why it gets bandied about so often is because there's something to it. With our budget, support and overall finances we should be competing for the top six every season at best.

A fourth place finish should be considered an accomplishment, never mind finishing 3rd and 2nd.

Terrible result for the club last night, we've shot ourselves in the foot yet again when we've had a chance of a bringing in decent money in the next round.

Think the most disappointing thing for me is the way we've managed to give away a lead in both legs, our defence has not been good but it's certainly not being helped by midfielders not tracking back and putting tackles in. In my opinion Vigurs and Ainsworth are very guilty of this, leaving our full backs very exposed.

We also don't have a plan B for when our normal way of playing isn't working, there doesn't seem to be any real alternative. We just seem to try and fit players into the same system? Kerr coming on at right wing for Ainsworth is just plain stupid and has been highlighted by just about anyone with eyes, we desperately need to look at how we get the best out of the players we have because I don't think we'll be signing anyone anytime soon!

Spot on with all of this! Everything is focused on short term at the club. From bringing faddy in for a year rather than keeping (younger better and probably cheaper option in my opinion) higginbottom.

The average age of the team is slowly creeping up, the pace has slowly went out the team as well which was one of our strengths.

Striker and centre half on loan from somewhere please!!

Complaining about the clubs focus being too much on the short term....then demanding we bring in players on loan?!!!

1406279995[/url]' post='417367']

They weren't two seasons ago, when steelboy is talking about.

I was replying to David who said :-

"Finishing second when you're competing with teams like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United & Aberdeen is ALWAYS a great achievement".

Not when they're dross it isn't, regardless of budget.

You know what, reading through the last few pages, some of the stuff on here isn't too distant and echo's the woeful displays on the pitch.

Calling for Higginbottom to be retained last season instead of Faddy for example, tell me 1 fan who was unhappy, nay ecstatic we'd retained him. Of course hindsight is a great thing.

Another example is Dan being the key to our season, how many championed him on here, thinking his presence between the sticks was the key to our 6 game run last December and now he's too small and weak.

I've seen Steelboy request McCall resign and it got 4 likes ...... gents have a long hard look at yourselves.

As has been pointed out, cups mean prizes in terms of silverwear and cash while league position counts for something, our form here in the majority of his time in charge is well below average.

Would I like him to give the opposition less credit pre-match? Yes. Do I want him to stop writing us off in advance with visits to Parkhead? Yes. Do I want him chased out my club to be replaced with a Yogi Hughes type journeyman? No.

• Like 2

You know what, reading through the last few pages, some of the stuff on here isn't too distant and echo's the woeful displays on the pitch.

Calling for Higginbottom to be retained last season instead of Faddy for example, tell me 1 fan who was unhappy, nay ecstatic we'd retained him. Of course hindsight is a great thing.

Another example is Dan being the key to our season, how many championed him on here, thinking his presence between the sticks was the key to our 6 game run last December and now he's too small and weak.

I've seen Steelboy request McCall resign and it got 4 likes ...... gents have a long hard look at yourselves.

As has been pointed out, cups mean prizes in terms of silverwear and cash while league position counts for something, our form here in the majority of his time in charge is well below average.

Would I like him to give the opposition less credit pre-match? Yes. Do I want him to stop writing us off in advance with visits to Parkhead? Yes. Do I want him chased out my club to be replaced with a Yogi Hughes type journeyman? No.

[/quote

I was that 1 fan who wasn't ecstatic at the return of faddy! Very poor decision I thought at the time and still do. Some may argue that he was played out of position but the guy should have been head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch regardless of where he played and he wasn't. Higginbottom was hungry younger alternative and we let our hearts rule out heads on that 1!!

a very poor ross county team were pushing for a european place two seasons ago. Hearts and hibs as well as aberdeen were bottom six.

doesn't change the fact they had much higher wage bills, crowds and better players on paper

mccall has consistently got the best out of a very small squad of players who wouldn't get a game in most teams in the Scottish top flight

we have been pish aye, but with a squad so thin it's not exactly a shock we didn't get anywhere in them, in the league you have a bad game due to missing a few players or them just no turning up that day or a spot of bad luck and it's no the end of the world you can just pick yourselves up in the next game, in the cup one slip up and you're out!

To say I'm disappointed about last nights result is an understatement, when we go 2-1 up with 20 mins to play you think surely that's us through but when I saw the two substitute I got the fear. I just don't get Kerr or ZFA playing in midfield.

I said last night the result last night will define our season by who we can bring in to strengthen squad but now it looks like that won't happen I just hope player like Thomas, Erwin and Leitch are given a chance.

For the first time ever I'm not looking forward to the new season results like last night and Albion Rovers make you question things but the truth is no matter what happens il never stop following Motherwell but surely questions must be asked about the defeat.

I felt this whole European campaign had a negative feel to it, maybe a year or two without Europe wouldn't be the worst thing that happens as we have probably got used to it over the years but without the fight for Europe what is there to play for?

Don't know if its been posted but McCalls comments in the record are "I'm disappointed to be out but its not embarrassing. Everyone keeps going on about them being part time but they train every day and have lost one game in their last 16. But we should have won over the two ties and we haven't"

Sorry I cant find a link to this on their website

1406289383[/url]' post='417404']

Don't know if its been posted but McCalls comments in the record are "I'm disappointed to be out but its not embarrassing. Everyone keeps going on about them being part time but they train every day and have lost one game in their last 16. But we should have won over the two ties and we haven't"

Jesus suffering fuck! facepalm.gif

1406289383[/url]' post='417404']

As pathetic as it is ill-judged.

1406289953[/url]' post='417408']

As pathetic as it is ill-judged.

It's as if he's trying to add insult to injury every time he opens his mouth on the back of a humiliating defeat. For him to say that this is not embarrassing because Stjarnan train every day is fucking ludicrous. They are a step up from amateurs who would be cannon fodder in the SPFL and we lead them THREE times in the tie, at one point by two goals and we will end up losing 5-4 on aggregate. I honestly don't know what goes through McCall's head when it comes to cup matches and dealing with the inevitable boot in the stones afterwards.

I was replying to David who said :-

"Finishing second when you're competing with teams like Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United & Aberdeen is ALWAYS a great achievement".

Not when they're dross it isn't, regardless of budget.

So finishing second isn't a great achievement?

And having read what McCall said, he's absolutely correct.

It's as if he's trying to add insult to injury every time he opens his mouth on the back of a humiliating defeat. For him to say that this is not embarrassing because Stjarnan train every day is fucking ludicrous. They are a step up from amateurs who would be cannon fodder in the SPFL and we lead them THREE times in the tie, at one point by two goals and we will end up losing 5-4 on aggregate. I honestly don't know what goes through McCall's head when it comes to cup matches and dealing with the inevitable boot in the stones afterwards.

Thing is, he has to work with this squad this season. It might make you feel better were he to say "They were a disgrace, if they were horses they'd be on their way to the glue factory" but it's hardly going to help him lift the team is it. I'm pretty sure words will have been had in private but berating the players publicly won't help morale.

Or in shorthand, what else could he say?

A squad assembled by Mccall, no less.

I was part of the "Mccall out "camp for a couple of hours after the Albion game until I seen some sense and I'm sure that'll happen with those calling for his head now . He obviously isn't perfect but bar his cup record he's pretty much the best we could hope for.