2nd Leg = 24 July 2014

Higher co-eff that the dandy dons, just sayin'

UEFA Club Rankings:

62 Celtic 36.813

191 Motherwell 8.313

232 Dundee United 6.313

289 Aberdeen 4.313

• Like 2

Are you sure about this? Last year we finished 2nd and went in to the Europa League 3rd qualifying round. St Johnstone finished 3rd and entered at the 2nd qualifying round.

Does 2nd place = the 2nd qualifying round this year?

Hopefully we don't enter in the 1st qualifying round as I'll be on holiday :(

EDIT - yes, you're correct according to Wikipedia.

Unfortunately away on holiday the week of the 17th, but depending who we draw (should we get in of course) I'd hopefully be able to make either Q1 date or the Q2 2nd leg. Exciting times if we can secure a Euro spot again! I love waiting for the draw, going to miss that excitement if/when we return to the days of relegation battles and mid-table mediocrity.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm generally happy to see Aberdeen lose but today's result means we have to rely on United winning the cup. Obviously I hope it won't come to that.

If we finish 3rd we dont have to rely on anyone. That has to be and will be our focus.

If we can get 5-6 points that should be enough to see us over the line.

United reaching the final is no bad thing as they may feel they have a fall back position.

the bookies have ICT as favourites against aberdeen on friday and st johnstone as favourites against dundee united on saturday.

that would leave inverness ahead of united and right in the mix for 3rd. we should only be thinking about getting 2nd or 3rd and forgetting the scottish cup.

the bookies have ICT as favourites against aberdeen on friday and st johnstone as favourites against dundee united on saturday.

that would leave inverness ahead of united and right in the mix for 3rd. we should only be thinking about getting 2nd or 3rd and forgetting the scottish cup.

Absolutely. In fact a draw in those 2 games would be the best outcome.

If we miss out on Europe it will surely be finishing 4th and St. Johnstone winning the cup.

Totally agree. And we will have only ourselves to blame.

A recent form as mentioned above seems to have changed, taking more points off top six than bottom six in the last 3 games against each.

Lets not forget that after we lost the backbone of the team last summer even finishing 4th should be seen as a success this season but would obviously be happier with 2nd or 3rd!!

I am hoping we keep the core of this team and are able to strengthen it a bit with a couple of shrewd signings so that we can go into europe with some guys that actually know each other............Of course thats hoping that we get there. 5 long games to go !