Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

I'm doing neither, I was just just saying that I would like to hear from the guys who paid the money to be there and how they felt about the result.

That may be what you meant I don't know, but it certainly isn't the way that it came across, due to your choice of words.

For what its worth I'd like to know the fans' reaction, not just those on the charter. From the limited feedback I've had it was very much anger as opposed to feeling down, especially about tactics and preparation. That at least gives me some hope. It demonstrates that the support still has a lot of passion.

1 goal or 8 goals it's the same outcome. Defeat to a much smaller part time team!

I could have took it if we went over there and drew 0-0 or 1-1 and went out that way, would have just been unlucky. Its the fact we conceded 5 goals, 3 of which penalties given away by the same player that angers me

The fan = the client

The players = the builders

The management = the architect

The match result = the building

If the building is fucked you go after the contractor and architect. Why is football different?

The fan = the people watching the football

The players = the people kicking the ball about

The management = the people who choose the people who kick the ball about

The match result = the score

The pub = the place where you go after the game and overhear roasters who compare football to architecture

• Like 1

The fan = the people watching the football

The players = the people kicking the ball about

The management = the people who choose the people who kick the ball about

The match result = the score

The pub = the place where you go after the game and overhear roasters who compare football to architecture

That'd be 100% if there was no money involved.

Edit: My point wasn't to compare football to architecture (the analogy was actually against construction rather than architecture) it was to compare the customer of other industries against that of football in reference to the posts that preceded mine.

Step 1. Spend £££s to see a game where there's no guarantee we'll win.

Step 2.We don't win.

Step 3.Verbally abuse players who are feeling just as bad as you.

What are you hoping to achieve by this?

Really...?? I haven't heard any players talking about how bad they are feeling.

I don't think anyone should be verbally abused or berated, I agree with you there. In following football failure has to be accepted on occasions. And that's the nature of it.

Where someone spends a lot of money following a team and the team on which that money has been spent following illustrate a complete failure on many basic professional fronts, such as fitness, tactics, concentration and discipline then in those cases I think people have a right to question, vent some frustration (in a controlled way) to the people responsible.

Personally I'm sure the manager sitting on that plane with the fans there would have wanted to be anywhere else in the world and the last thing he would have needed would be for someone to berate him. But the silence since the defeat two days ago isn't good enough. Or maybe it is given that it's happened in this manner before, maybe having nothing's said and just moving on is the way go on this occasion because ultimately we've been here before and more words might just annoy people more.

Don't really think it's a fan's place to berate the management team and squad tbh.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. I think it's EXACTLY the fans' place to do that, particularly when they've taken a week off work and spent the best part of a grand each to be completely let down.

• Like 1

The silence following the game has been deafening! Normally, win, lose or draw there are photos, interviews etc on the official Facebook page within a couple of hours of the final whistle going.

Seems like the old media tactic of burying bad news and whether no positive spin can be put on anything the story is given no oxygen. A sure fire sign they know everyone is absolutely raging!

That said, it isn't going to go away and despite being utterly beeling about this shambles, I'll still be there on August 9th.

The club will have to get the troops rallied sooner rather than later with some positive pr, (surely) the news of a friendly and hopefully (surely tae fuck) a new signing.

The silence following the game has been deafening!

Because it's a fucking red neck to lose to that level of opposition.

Like Albion Rovers.

Followed Motherwell for too long to get cocky, but losing to shite hurts all the same.

Maybe we'll get a cup run....? I think we can and should expect better than that.

Unfortunately, it’s up to each individual whether they decide to spend their hard earned on following a football team. Nobody forces them to do it, however, no matter who you support there will always be the risk that the team won’t live up to fans expectations. Frustrating as it may seem, following Motherwell has always been fraught with danger.

Unfortunately, it’s up to each individual whether they decide to spend their hard earned on following a football team. Nobody forces them to do it, however, no matter who you support there will always be the risk that the team won’t live up to fans expectations. Frustrating as it may seem, following Motherwell has always been fraught with danger.

Of course that's correct, and ai certainly don't think that spending a load of cash gives us a divine right to watch a win, but I like to think our efforts are appreciated and on Thursday I didn't feel like they were.

I think the main reasons I feel that way are a couple of individual performances that I personally attributed to lack of effort (Vigurs in the lead up to the winner sickens me) and the complete non acknowledgement from the club in an official sense that what we were served up wasn't good enough.

• Like 1

but I like to think our efforts are appreciated and on Thursday I didn't feel like they were.

I think you are being a bit of, with this, most of the team that played actually made effort to acknowledge our support at the end of the game. As uncomfortable as it was

other than that, what are you wanting a refund?

Social media is off limits due to quite a few idiots , who can't control themselves in our support in such circumstances

• Like 1

Just caught up with about 27 minutes or so of highlights between both legs. So not quite the full picture but as good as I'll get.

One word sums it up, frustration.

Quite simply if we'd been a wee bit sharper we could have annihilated that mob. Fair play to them they had some good moments. At least one of the three pens they were lucky to get. Angle on the first one isn't great but both the other two look quite soft, maybe giveable but to get all three seems very fortunate.

Some quite criminal defending from ourselves in there however and given the experience in the team that really shouldn't be the case.

Still of the opinion we have shot ourselves in the foot and didn't get enough preperation in, both the phyiscal and match sharpness vaiety and after a strong start with getting people resigned early in the close season we have been caught with our pants down not replacing either McFadden or Anier.

Overall the highlights do leave some room for cautious optimism as I quite sure we will get better but we are at least one body short in the final third. Although not willing to read to much into the positive aspects of our play given the modest opposition. However quite sure Sutton can still put away chances, Ainsworth still looking the part and the rest can make greater or lesser contributions.

Poor start to the season but if we can not shit the nest in the cups this season and be there or thereabouts in the top of the league can quickly forget about this shambles.

would love to hear from some of those guys that thought it was wise to spend £595 on the charter...

Glad to fuck I listened to the mrs.

First time I have followed Motherwell abroad and went on the charter with my 2 sons and result aside, it was a well organised trip. Maybe not worth the £595 as you could have booked it for less yourself if you could have booked it in advance (if you wanted to fly from Glasgow), but got picked up from Fir Park, bused to the hotel, stayed in a top quality hotel as it turned out to be and was right in the centre of Reykjavick. On match day bused to the ground and then the full return journey back to FP. So no worrying about finding transport once you got there, getting a match ticket etc. We had a great time over there, going round the city and seeing somewhere different and having a few beers !! :-)

The Well fans were in great voice throughout and there was nobody really checking tickets so I would imagine that a few of the fans who couldn't get tickets managed to get into the stadium.

Atmosphere was great until towards the end when it became a little subdued and some of the fans started to get on the players backs. The fans rallied in extra time but to no avail.

Would I go with the charter again. Absolutely, unless it was somewhere I could get to cheaply from a local airport. Bugger flying from Manchester to Berlin and back via Berlin to Luton to save a few quid.

I'm sure they're all absolutely fucking delighted with the result.

I just hope one or two folk on the charter had enough about them to give McCall and certain players a piece of their mind.

What good would that achieve? I understand why people might want to have a go for under achieving/wrong tactics/poor decision making etc but I'm sure the players and McCall will be disappointed as well.

As it happens, at the airport on the way home, Hammell, McManus and a few others were taking the time to talk to supporters as we waited to board our flight.

Most of the guys on the charter wouldnt lower themselves and come anywhere near this forum,they probably never have and they never will, this place is just for the saddos and assholes (myself included) who think they know it all ....aye f..k all.

• Like 4