Motherwell Vs Stjarnan Fc

decorator

As we are seeded for Q2, does anybody know if we will be at home for the 1st or 2nd leg, or do we have to wait for the draw , trying to sort out some time off work ?

Need to wait for draw. First team out = home team. Unless there is a specific reason why this cannot be

Just had a chance to look at Bert Kassies web site.

Aberdeen seeded in round 1 unseeded in round 2

Motherwell seeded round 2 highly unlikely to be seeded round 3 ( 58 teams therefore 29 seeded, already 27 teams in round 3 will have a ranking higher than ours and another 13 possibly above us. As the draw for round 3 is before round 2 is complete only 2-4 teams ranked higher than us could be knocked out in round 1 making us ranked around 38-40 in round 3 i suspect)

Dundee united would also be seeded in round 2 if they qualify but it is most likely that St johnstone would be unseeded.

The irony is that should Aberdeen or st Johnstone knock out a seed in round 2 then they may take a seeded place in round 3 as a replacement as happened when St Johnstone put out Rosenberg last year.

As the 4th round draw is after the 3rd round is completed no benefit in kind for us anbd we will have to put out 2 seeded teams to make the playoffs.

Still the picture changes every day at this stage and its fun to guess the ins and outs

can't wait for the Draw on June 23rd

Despite how much I hated the way we played yesterday - excluding the last 5 min - I think it shows that SMcC and the players have all learned to win ugly and hopefully we can grind out something in Europe next season.

I would agree with this too and I think it has to be viewed as a major positive for the future.

The team of 2012/13 was awash with top notch players but while they were capable of blowing teams away once in their stride, were they capable of rolling up their sleeves, digging in and as you say winning ugly when required? In my opinion Ibrox September 2012, the cup defeat v Aberdeen, Inverness away (3-4) last season suggests not. Even this season we blew it big time in the League Cup against Aberdeen and again in the Scottish Cup against Albion Rovers, but we somehow managed to stay in contention for a European finish by 'winning ugly' and amazingly went to the home of the much adored Aberdeen on the last day, frustrated the shite out if them and nicked a win which secured us second at their expense. That to me suggests that McCall and the players are learning how to grind results out by battling and winning ugly, and that fills me with optimism.

Who knows? This time next year we could be League Cup holders or about to clinch the Scottish Cup...

I would agree with this too and I think it has to be viewed as a major positive for the future.

The team of 2012/13 was awash with top notch players but while they were capable of blowing teams away once in their stride, were they capable of rolling up their sleeves, digging in and as you say winning ugly when required? In my opinion Ibrox September 2012, the cup defeat v Aberdeen, Inverness away (3-4) last season suggests not. Even this season we blew it big time in the League Cup against Aberdeen and again in the Scottish Cup against Albion Rovers, but we somehow managed to stay in contention for a European finish by 'winning ugly' and amazingly went to the home of the much adored Aberdeen on the last day, frustrated the shite out if them and nicked a win which secured us second at their expense. That to me suggests that McCall and the players are learning how to grind results out by battling and winning ugly, and that fills me with optimism.

Who knows? This time next year we could be League Cup holders or about to clinch the Scottish Cup...

:blink:

So, elephant in the room, I'll ask the question then. What have you done with MJC and how did you get his password?

Bosnia, Wales, ROI, Stockholm or Honka for me, plz.

Fuck going to Belfast in July, Norway looks a bit awkward, Mypa is asking for trouble and Baku looks like a proper banana skin, no ta.