Motherwell V Ross County 22/03/14

Yabba's Turd

We should be confident but hopefully the players go into every game now with the right attitude. We have no divine right to the 3 points. They need to go out on the park and perform well. The last 4 games prior to the split are our best chance to rack up some points but as mentioned it's up to the players to put in the performances to win the points.

Especially when you look at Dundee Utd's run in to the split but we need to do our bit and win the games.

Dundee Utd

hearts (A)

Caley (H ) *** any result good for us

Aberdeen (A) *** any result good for us

Celtic (H)

Caley

Thistle (H)

D Utd (A)

St M (H)

'Well (H)

County(A)

Aberdeen

Killie (H)

County(A)

D Utd (H)

Hearts(A) Already beat aberdeen twice. Bogey team ??

Hibs(A)

Ross County were a tough nut to crack as they had 6 behind the ball and were pressing us pretty hard but I thought we played pretty well, with some excellent individual performances from the likes of Vigurs, Hutchinson, Reid etc.

Neilsen didn't have much to do but we did get lucky when they hit the post but we could also have scored a few more as well.

9 points out of 9 is still on.

It was all very comfortable then another free hit from a corner and we ended up a bit shaky.I'm glad i'm not watching them every week though,they seem to have a minimum height requirement to get in their side.

We done well to break through early in the 2nd half. Up until then Adams' tactics were spot on, recognising our lack of pace in behind.

We should have cruised home once we were 2-0 up but returned to our pre Christmas performances by nervously hanging on.

Hutchinson and Vigurs impressed throughout, Moore offered plenty of movement upon his arrival. Neilson back to his usual shaky self.

I thought Hutchinson was a bit iffy today to be honest.

Moore and Sutton linked up well when Moore came on. For me though, Vigurs was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park today. Controlled the tempo of the game the way your creative midfielder is supposed to...

Special mention to Carswell though. Covers a lot of ground and when he took upon himself to burst forward, it was instrumental in us making the breakthrough...

Vigurs keeping the ball down at the corner flag near the end as we ran down the clock was.class, surrounded by county players yet they still.couldn't get a touch.

Loved that. Total highlight for me as well. The fuckwits behind me were roaring for him to cross it & I was thinking just keep it in there. Well impressed with Vigurs last couple of games. Not a lot of pace but he's got loads of ability & an eye for a pass when it's on. Just happy with another 3 points. At the stage of the season where we all need to show some patience & get behind the team. I know that's alien to some on here but it will make a difference to the results.

Another great season looming if we can just keep it going.

Cliché I know but there's going to be a right few tough games over the next few weeks so keeping the support levels up is vital.

• Like 2

Yes young Reid did really well today as i hoped he would Carswell and Lasley Hutchie and Vigours all did well too. Have to say although Neilson didn't have much to do it was heartening to see him dealing with cross balls that did come his way. There's no easy games in this league and it's another fab 3 points. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Yes young Reid did really well today as i hoped he would Carswell and Lasley Hutchie and Vigours all did well too. Have to say although Neilson didn't have much to do it was heartening to see him dealing with cross balls that did come his way. There's no easy games in this league and it's another fab 3 points. :thumbup:

He's 28 huh.gif

Strange first half, we created a few chances and should have been ahead but there were long spells we were poor and we really struggled to relieve pressure and a more competent opponent could have punished us.

Was beginning to feel it could be one of them days where we would end up on nil, when Faddy turned in the rebound.

Carswell looked fully fit for the first time in a while (I wasn't at Inverness) and that made some difference in stretching their midfield. As time goes on I become more impressed by Reid. Not that he does much creatively brilliant, but he is very steady and rarely makes an error and has excellent positional sense.

Vigurs did some great work today as well. Good on the ball and keen to have a go. Also, Wayne Rooney must have been watching as he copied his audacious effort from half way.