Top Six Split

Brazilian

Every day later is a day later that some people have to commit to other business

or personal plans. Plus those that are travelling from further

afield.

It was Saturday 22nd March when top and bottom 6 was decided.

Coming up for 11 days now. Whilst I did not expect the fixtures that

Monday/Tuesday to wait this long is a bit of a joke. I also note that there has

only been one update. They are amateur to the point of embarrassing, especially

given the salaries some of the them are onfacepalm.gif

Totally agree.

But then it's only the fans who actually attend games who are being incovenienced adn we know where they are on the "list of priorities"....

Every day later is a day later that some people have to commit to other business or personal plans. Plus those that are travelling from further afield.

I agree 100% Iain, but for the TV companies and Police this simply isn't an issue. In this day and age organisational self interest comes first.

complain to the club, they are the SPFL, the split is the problem,

although this season, every fan will likely find out weeks earlier than could be guaranteed.

everybody enjoy the 12 & 13th weekend of the cup semi finals off.

wonder if the club have a U21 match they could be promoting for that weekend?

The clubs sold out to TV a long time ago and the split is a direct result of that (to ensure they had sufficient OF matches).

The delays in fixtures, like last minute rescheduling and stupid kick-off times, are the price we pay.

I'd love to see the back of the split and return the league back to a proper structure, but while the OF still run the show (and the member clubs suck up to them) it's never going to happen.

the fixtures are out

celtic H saturday

united A saturday

st johnstone H sunday

ICT H wed

aberdeen A sunday

the best we could have hoped for imo.

utter guff! I knew ABD would be away, but UTD as well is a tough one to take. Both the biggest rivals for 2nd/3rd and both away. BUT, what takes the biscuit is that the last game of the season is away AGAIN!! So, the last home game is a mid week one.. really poor.

utter guff! I knew ABD would be away, but UTD as well is a tough one to take. Both the biggest rivals for 2nd/3rd and both away. BUT, what takes the biscuit is that the last game of the season is away AGAIN!! So, the last home game is a mid week one.. really poor.

I'll take that. Given we were due to play Aberdeen away anyway, we have a Saturday 3pm home game and we have a Cetic home game for the money. Couldn't make the last game due to a wedding so suits me I guess!!

Also, Aberdeen are the team who get bumped this year by having 1 more away game than home games - so that's good!!!! :-) Both Aberdeen and Dundee Utd. need to go to Celtic park again so that is also in our favour probably in the regards they should be less likely to sneak a point.

I knew we'd be away to Aberdeen last game of the season.

Could be tasty.

Yep, if I were one for conspiracy theories I'd say some gentlemen in the hallowed halls wanted the old new firm to finish above the upstarts from Lanarkshire...

lasley and hammell being suspended for the celtic game rather than a more winnable game is a bonus for us.

playing st johnstone and inverness at fir park are the two most winnable fixtures so it's good we got that. it's possible that 6 points from those two games will be all we need to claim 3rd.

Yep, if I were one for conspiracy theories I'd say some gentlemen in the

hallowed halls wanted the old new firm to finish above the upstarts from

Lanarkshire...

Fucking right they do!

I'll feel like I'm riding into battle going to that one!!

• Like 1

Yep, if I were one for conspiracy theories I'd say some gentlemen in the hallowed halls wanted the old new firm to finish above the upstarts from Lanarkshire...

With Celtic having the title wrapped up I think the Aberdeen game as the final match is a gamble for the TV schedulers in the hope it is a meaningful tie.

Would be fun if we had 2nd place wrapped up by then, though :)

Don't think the utd game being away from home is a big deal. We cannot beat them at home anyway.

We need to have a cushion of at least a point going into the split to have a chance of second place. For me we only have 2 winnable games realistically after the split.

we can beat aberdeen up there, they are a far better match up for us than united.

if aberdeen are in the scottish cup final we'd be favourites imo.

Pretty happy with that, United away suits us with them being much better away and our pretty decent record at Tannadice (before this season anyway.) A win against the Green gloryhunters would be absolutely massive and could go a long way to securing 3rd at the least.

We really need to be win both the other home games as well, do that and avoid defeat against Celtic & United and we could even have 2nd place tied up before Pittodrie.

Then again, we are Motherwelll, things are never that clear cut...

It is strange that we have to play United away again given they are our rivals for 3rd. That said - as has been pointed out we have an even worse record at home, so no real issues there. Easier to get to as well than say another Inverness game away.

Strange however that we have had 2 seasons where we have had away games for the 1st and last fixtures..Hopefully they will resolve that next season.

Not unhappy overall - although starting with Celtic and United may put a bit of pressure on us going into the two more winnable home ties.

To be honest, while the thought of pipping Aberdeen to second on the last day is mouth watering, I really cannot see us winning any of the games outwith St.Johnstone and ICT and I reckon we'll be lucky to finish third as I think Celtic and United are certain defeats for us IMO and only other results will keep us right in the hunt for second until the last day.

Could really be doing with a win on Sat coupled with Celtic beating Utd, letting us have a 9 point gap pre-split.

The first couple of fixtures could really see Utd catch us fast.

Even if they do, we then get our home games against St J and ICT so not the end of the world.

Could really be doing with a win on Sat coupled with Celtic beating Utd, letting us have a 9 point gap pre-split.

The first couple of fixtures could really see Utd catch us fast.

Even if they do, we then get our home games against St J and ICT so not the end of the world.

Aye, 3 pts on Sat is a must. If we go in with a 9 point lead I am confident we will finish 3rd.

To be honest, while the thought of pipping Aberdeen to second on the last day is mouth watering, I really cannot see us winning any of the games outwith St.Johnstone and ICT and I reckon we'll be lucky to finish third as I think Celtic and United are certain defeats for us IMO and only other results will keep us right in the hunt for second until the last day.

Wrist slasher right on Q

Luck to finish 3rd. I would not put it past United to get some sort of result on Saturday, but given the pressure will all be on them it may work in Celtic's favour. We do our business on Saturday and get 3 points and we will either be 6, 7 or 9 points ahead of them come the split - 7 or 9 points will be enough as we will pick up 4 points from the 2 home games v St J and ICT. If we can avoid defeat to United at Tannadice - we will be home and drycheers.gif

• Like 1