2014-15 Ins And Outs

Toxteth O'Grady

1395908834[/url]' post='408175']

Craig Gordon is in the paper hinting for a club, worth a punt? He can join his old Scotland buddies

I'd have him in a shot, though with his injury history he might watch more than he played.

Big risk/reward with Gordon, I'd imagine. If he stays fit, he'll be a cracking signing for any team. If his injury problems return, he's the waste of a contract.

Pay per play would be ideal for a club like ourselves, but I could also see him picking up a player/coach contract somewhere so, if he does get injured again, he will still be able to earn his keep.

I think we'll struggle to keep Ainsworth to be honest. 9 goals so far from a wide position is a phenomenal return and I think he'll have a choice of a few clubs.

If we can keep everyone (bar hutchy who's definitely off) and sign a new goalie I'll be delighted.

I'm pretty confident Ainsworth will sign on for next season. Of course he might get a better offer but by the way he has been talking he really loves it here.

Reading between the lines I think he is pretty keen to stay on.

I may be wrong here, but I think a major sticking point with Gordon could be down to insurance. With his unfortunate record in terms of injuries it could potentially hit any team employing him fairly heavily with their insurers who would see him as a serious risk and look to increase the cost of cover to potentially unmanageable levels.

Not something I know anything about but surely that's only relevant if he's on a contract, as opposed to pay per appearance?

I've heard Aberdeen are on the verge of some serious investment, however a lot hinges on the new stadium and surrounding build. Eye watering amounts that are ready to be plunged in should everything get the go ahead though. Lucky bastards.

Any links?

I've heard Aberdeen are on the verge of some serious investment, however a lot hinges on the new stadium and surrounding build. Eye watering amounts that are ready to be plunged in should everything get the go ahead though. Lucky bastards.

Good luck to them but what are they going to achieve? Runners up spot in the Premiership and the odd cup win? The investment required for them to win the Premiership would be astronomical.

Aye it takes a serious investment of cash to build the time machine that seems to have taken them all back to the early 80's and the "new Firm", expect a European trophy soon.

• Like 1

Interesting comments through the week regarding contract negotiations. I appreciate the delicacy of our finances but surely with top 6 secured, servants such as Hammell, Hutchinson and Lasley should have offers on the table along with any kid that we rate.

Bearing in mind that Steve Hammell is 32 and Keith Lasley will be 35 this year, the value and length of contracts offers that the club offers them may reflect their age. Hopefully we should be better placed to make offers once the fixture list is released.

Has anyone here seen Danny Wilson regularly enough to form something of an opinion on him? I see he's making noises about possibly leaving Hearts at the end of the season.

He's only 22, and from what I've seen of him he's not too bad. Worth a look if Hutch and maybe McManus leave?